Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hope so!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Considering the sleek, glossy back, I would think it wouldn't be compatible although I would rather get the Touchstone 2. That thing looks much better!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    Considering the sleek, glossy back, I would think it wouldn't be compatible although I would rather get the Touchstone 2. That thing looks much better!
    Oh, is there a site or page or something with info about the new touchstone?
    I'm pretty sure that the Touchstone works on the Pre 3. In fact I'm pretty sure I saw the Palm logo (symbolic of the old Touchstone) on the one they used in the demo.

The real question is, will these location aware features be compatible with the original Touchstone and use GPS, or do we need a new model for them? I'm much more curious about that.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/10/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Whoops I don't know why I was thinking of the TouchPad, but I know HP said it is touchstone compatible.
    I thought it was supposed to be backward compatible.
    yes, they absolutely work with the pre3 and the Veer. Saw it with my own wyes.
  8. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was told by a rep that it works with the pre 3 to charge,but wont support new touchstone v2 features such as location awareness.
    FYI I just got my new Pre3 today and, although the old Pre touchstone works (supports and charges) it wobbles like mad. The shape of the back of the Pre3 is more curved so it tends to rock from side to side and fall off the charging position.

I'm thinking a simple bit of padding will help but I'll need to work out the best materials to make it from.
    Yes, my touchstones work quite nice with the pre 3.

Anders
    My Pre- release day Touchstone looks exactly the same as the "Touchstone for Pre3" I just received from Palm Eurostore and works just as well. The phone does feel a little looser on it, but that's probably due to it loosing it's magnetism over time rather than anything else.
    It works for me. Even using Touchpad's charger and it charges my Pre 3 too fast.
    Yes the old Touchstones work with the Pre3, fine for in home/office but I wouldn't recommend for anyone who has set one up in there car. The Pre3 doesn't quite fit and can wobble a little, but is stable in on a table or whatever.
    Yes, it absolutely works on the old Touchstones. Just received my azerty Pre3 and charged it on it. As others already posted, it does not sit as tight as the Pre/PrePlus/Pre2, but it charges fine.

Btw, the back of the Pre3 is NOT glossy, it is matte.

Max
    Do they use the same touchstone back cover?
    No. Pre 3 is bigger than Pre 2, but it has the coil already built in.
    Just check it and works fine .
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Yes, i've been using it for about a month now
    Working fine so far, except I get jumping issues at times with the one at home. That was my oldest Touchstone that came with my Pre.

My other two in the office in the car works just fine.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    In the car I took the trim ring off the Touchstone. Now it holds the Pre3 better. Before it was too loose to stay on the Touchstone while driving. Charges fine either way, though, and I didn't change the Touchstone on my desk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast