Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    wish they would release carrier info so know whether im getting the pre2 or pre 3
    speculation right now is only AT&T. There was an article someone just posted about this, can't find it now.

possibly sprint, but nothing on Verizon yet.

As if there couldn't be worse news.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    It's highly unlikely as from what I understand, the Pre 3's SoC wasn't designed to support WiMax.
    What fools! They had to know that many of us early adopters were going to want a 4G device so it would seem to me like they gut punched Sprint (and those of us on Sprint) by going this route. Many of us will now be forced to another network if we want WebOS & a faster internet experience....lame!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I really don't understand the lack of 4G on Verizon and Sprint, either. Those are the two networks you'd think HP would want to be SURE they had 4G on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppp2 View Post
    speculation right now is only AT&T. There was an article someone just posted about this, can't find it now.

possibly sprint, but nothing on Verizon yet.

As if there couldn't be worse news.
    The speculation is dead wrong. I'll bet you $500 on it right now. HP would absolutely NOT launch their devices on AT&T only. Verizon or Sprint WILL get the device or HP wouldn't have built a EvDO Rev. A version.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The speculation is dead wrong. I'll bet you $500 on it right now. HP would absolutely NOT launch their devices on AT&T only. Verizon or Sprint WILL get the device or HP wouldn't have built a EvDO Rev. A version.
    AT&T Powering HP's New WebOS Phones? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

enjoy
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    HP has to release this phone on Verizon and AT&T because they are the two biggest networks. Sprint has a chance because of the history of the orignial Pre, but why Sprint didn't sell a Pixi Plus or Pre Plus does not look encouraging for Sprint. T-Mobile has no shot in hell unless they want to make us really surprised and create another phone using their frequencies.
    That guy is an *****. Of course the Veer is a GSM phone. It says so in the tech specs!

He didn't say anything about the Pre3. HP said it will support EVDO.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    The Veer will almost certainly debut as a AT&T exculsive but as EvilKell pointed out the Pre3 has a EVDOrevA radio in it so that means it is going to be available on either Sprint or Verizon.

As a sprint customer Im hoping they get it but Im starting to think it will be Verizon only.
    you would really invest money into a CDMA phone in the summer of 2011????

LTE phones will be prominent
    4g on a phone isn't a big deal unless you are going to tether (for me). The battery drain for 4g is too much for the gains in speed for the types of appilactions on a smart phones. I'm not torrenting, playing MMOs, streaming hd video while downloading mp3s.

it's about time that this spec sheet love fest on these forums die. It's crazy how obsessed people are over something that has little bearing on actual tangible performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    4g on a phone isn't a big deal unless you are going to tether (for me). The battery drain for 4g is too much for the gains in speed for the types of appilactions on a smart phones. I'm not torrenting, playing MMOs, streaming hd video while downloading mp3s.

it's about time that this spec sheet love fest on these forums die. It's crazy how obsessed people are over something that has little bearing on actual tangible performance.
    Are you saying there's no tangible difference between 4G & 3G when I'm browsing the web...'cuz if you are you're dead wrong. I have a Sprint 4G Overdrive at home and it wipes my 3G something fierce.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Are you saying there's no tangible difference between 4G & 3G when I'm browsing the web...'cuz if you are you're dead wrong. I have a Sprint 4G Overdrive at home and it wipes my 3G something fierce.
    if you read what I wrote I clearly stated that for a smartphone the gains in speed do not out weigh the even shorter battery life. Tethering to a pc/mac is a whole different ball game. The processor and ram on a smart phone are a bottle neck.
    For sure ATT is getting the veer in spring, Verizon is getting the Pre 2 in 5 days so why would HP or Verizon turn around 4 months later and offer the Pre 3 on Verizon? Don't see it. So that leaves Sprint for the initial Pre 3 launch with ATT and Verizon to follow. Sprint currently has the largest Webos base right now, those people are going to want to upgrade. So.....

-Verizon...Pre 2 Feb 2011
    -ATT...HP Veer Spring 2011
    -Sprint...Pre 3 Summer 2011

That's my prediction

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Reading this thread felt like watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory...

so two questions now that 2 months has passed. Is it confirmed that pre 3 for sprint will NOT be 4g? I'm OK with that. I like my first gen pre. (but it sucks cause it keeps breaking). the reason i ask is because I don't want to pay for 4g service I won't ever use.

2nd question. anyone heard rumors of an official release date?
    no. Nothing has been confirmed of it being '4g' or not. Its an hspa+ phone and an evdo rev a I believe.

as for the 2nd question, no. If anything was released for carrier information it would be on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    Reading this thread felt like watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory...

so two questions now that 2 months has passed. Is it confirmed that pre 3 for sprint will NOT be 4g? I'm OK with that. I like my first gen pre. (but it sucks cause it keeps breaking). the reason i ask is because I don't want to pay for 4g service I won't ever use.

2nd question. anyone heard rumors of an official release date?
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. my current Pre has a million problems. I'm on my 6th one and Sprint won't replace it without me paying the $100+ deductible.

goes off line, drops keys, has charging issues, speaker is blown, can't answer calls unless i'm on speaker phone, (which I can't understand cause speaker is blown), internet comes and goes, goes into roaming for no reason. just sucks.

but at the end of the day, the Pre, when it functions, I think, is still an awesome phone. and I have an upgrade at Sprint this sunday (may 1st) so while I hate my pre, I'm thinking about picking up a used Hero or something to play with till Pre 3 comes out and burning my upgrade on that.
    can't answer calls unless i'm on speaker phone
    Have you tried the steps listed here? The Pandora one worked for me when mine started acting up like that.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    the reason i ask is because I don't want to pay for 4g service I won't ever use.
    FYI, the fee for enhanced data is the same as the fee for 4G. You won't save any money on your bill by going with a 3G smartphone.
    The battery in the Pre3 is too small for a 4g phone. Battery life would be horrendous. It still might be horrendous with 3g as HP has compared battery life to the original Pre. They should have added a little thickness and gone with a 1500mAh battery.
    None of the networks are doing "true 4G" so no phone is 4G right now.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast