Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Since the size is very similar on these two portrait sliders I thought I'd compare them.

Pre3 - 111h x 64w x 16 mm (156g)
    BB Torch - 111h x 62w x 14.6 mm (161g)

Also, I love how light my PrePlus is. Here are some comparisons to other models:

PrePlus - 138g

Pre2 - 145g

iPhone 4 - 137g

Nokia N8 - 135g

Droid 2 - 173g
    Last edited by shinerb; 02/10/2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: minor change
    Quote Originally Posted by shinerb View Post
    Since the size is very similar on these two portrait sliders I thought I'd compare them.

Pre3 - 111h x 64w x 16 mm (156g)
    BB Torch - 111h x 62w x 14.6 mm (161g)
    That's interesting. To me, the Torch feels a bit on the heavy side.

One thing I think the Torch might have going for it compared to the Pre3 is that the sliding screen part looks like it is thinner than on the Pre, so it's not too top heavy with the device open.

The slider mechanism on the BB is pretty robust as far as I can tell so there's nothing about that form factor that meakes oreo'ing inevitable. Hope the Pre3 has a tough slider as well!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    The pre3 is a smudge wider than the torch? good great! I have been trying to get an idea of the size change on the pre3.

All I wanted was a bigger screen and keyboard- same form factor with a vert slider (I hate horizontal) and thats what I got! I will pre order the pre3, let us hope it is on sprint.

My wife has a Evo 4g and never uses the 4g because it trains the battery too much- and it "acts" faster in 3g mode because it processes the data faster- the pre3 should also do the same-

Even on mobile hot spot with my current pre- nothing I do really seems "slow" in speeds - so althought no 4g is sad, its not a deal breaker.

come pre3 I embrace you!
    I'm drooling for you HPpre3 I need you !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    All I wanted was a bigger screen and keyboard- same form factor with a vert slider

the 4g drains the battery too much

mobile hot spot with my current pre- nothing I do really seems "slow" in speeds - so althought no 4g is sad, its not a deal breaker.
    +10

Mobile Hotspot for free on VZW is another reason I stay with my Pre+