Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eliminating the curve was one thing that makes the slider so much stronger and prevent Oreo. The BB Torch isn't curved, and that is one of the reasons. Being curved is supposed to provide a slightly better viewing angle, but I always saw that as purely a gimmick. The flat slider was solid on both phones. However, it has just the tiniest bit of play - which is needed for the slider to be able to slide - so let's not have a zillion returns for oreo...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it is not a microphone that is in the bottom half of the phone. It is for noise-cancellation. I saw it in a youtube video of a hp representative demoing the phone.
    Then were IS the mic?
    It is on the front half like before, I think. You can see it on the veer 5 seconds into this video.

Hmm, but I could not really make one out on the Pre 3. The Veer also has this noise-cancellation thing on the bottom half, I am pretty sure.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it is not a microphone that is in the bottom half of the phone. It is for noise-cancellation. I saw it in a youtube video of a hp representative demoing the phone.
    The noise cancellation mike is on the back. (might be used as primary mike for video though)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    The arc is still there, just far less pronounced than on the Pre -/+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12