Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Didn't Leo say that when they make announcements they would be shipping in weeks? Yet here we are, announcing products that are shipping in months!

Haven't seen this brought up yet anywhere. Did any of the PreCentral guys at the event ask any HPeeps that question?
    They mean 16-24 weeks after being announced.
    somebody at the top was misinformed and is probably out of a job...if theylre not, they should be!!
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Releasing in a couple weeks doesn't allow them to build brand awareness and get the app support that they need. If people started buying phones with poor support that would not be good.
    said weeks within product completion, but maybe webos 2.x isnt ready so technically product isnt ready yet... OVERALL product, even though the device is rdy to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Only 112-168 days!!!!!!!!!

Days away, we are!
    they never said for ALL products
    HP CEO was interviewed on BBC saying that they would release products within weeks of announcement from now on, including this feb 9th one

and that was 2 weeks ago so i doubt anything really could have changed that drastically in the "last several days"
    Very poor customer relations situation here. Either Leo was going off the farm big time, hasn't been to the farm at all (how else to you understand how to get milk to the masses if you don't get hands on with the cow?), or was misled by someone(s) and now looks foolish. Too bad, I fear it will be very difficult to get back respect after such a flub.

Wasn't there another 'big announcement of vision' or something in March? Did Leo announce that event?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    YEA you get the Pre 2 in a week... Pre 2 is new hardware
    What happened? The same thing that happened with the Pre being the first mobile platform with Flash, the Pre and Pre+ getting webOS 2.0...and all the other failed promises.

Ever heard of the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"?

Well I am taking that to heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    YEA you get the Pre 2 in a week... Pre 2 is new hardware
    Pre 2 is not new hardware -- it was released in France in October. If HP is claiming that the Pre 2 on VZW is their "release within weeks of announcement" then they are more foolish that I originally thought.
    I think it's fair to assume that these new products and rolling out Enyo require a longer wait period before the actual launch as developers need to get up to speed, although they could have made this more clear during the presentation, ie "were not launching until spring / summer so our developers can get their apps up to speed and really make the most out of the new development environment."

The Veer is obviously launching first mainly due to the screen reolution being the same as the Pixi, apps don't need to change for it. That I think if they launched the Pre3 with the Veer... People will go for the Pre3. I know the only reason I choose Pixi over Pre is because I ddont care for sliders, and they've taken that away from the form factor (for now) but hopefully it finds a place. It does seem very impressive after all.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Pre 2 is not new hardware -- it was released in France in October. If HP is claiming that the Pre 2 on VZW is their "release within weeks of announcement" then they are more foolish that I originally thought.
    The Pre 2 is new hareware here even IF it was released in France 5 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    That's worse than my USB drive rebates ship time, sucks to be HPalm.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    The Pre 2 is new hareware here even IF it was released in France 5 months ago
    No it is NOT, it was available unlocked HERE soon after it was released in France. Changing the radio does not = new hardware!
    Bottom line is Leo lied to all of us & HP lied to us about webOS 2.X on our older devices too.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    All I know is by the time this is release on Sprint (if at all) the crack by my USB port is going to overtake the screen!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Well to put it in a clear foggy perspective....HP is keeping on the promise to release items within weeks of announcement. Remember one item, the VEER, is set to release in the spring. Technically SPRING is only weeks away.

Clever wording to gain hype, but dumb at the same time. Especially since it is only going to be available in the US on ATT cause of the GSM factor.

The PAD announcement was just to gain hype and hold people off from buying an iPad or Android device.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This was a giant botch on them.

If the phones, OS, and Enyo weren't ready to go by March or April then they had to have known that prior to announcing February 9th and DEFINITELY knew it prior to late January. Which means either Palm HORRIBLY failed at properly communicating to upper management OR Leo flat out lied to customers on the eve of what was supposed to be a major event. I neither case, its a ridiculous bad public relations gaff.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Well to put it in a clear foggy perspective....HP is keeping on the promise to release items within weeks of announcement. Remember one item, the VEER, is set to release in the spring. Technically SPRING is only weeks away.
    Not really. He clearly said they wouldn't announce anything that wasn't ready to be shipped in a few weeks. They announced two things that don't fit that description. He didn't state they don't make announcements of items without at least one of them being ready to ship in a few weeks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast