Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Summer ends late in SEPTEMBER... so i say we will see Pre3 then... only becuase they will have more time to work on Touchpad. and a quicker followup on the touchpad for xmas

developers are left with ZERO user base... and nothing for another 6-8 months....

basically a year wait to have users that can use WebOS2.0... and even then... they may change it in 2 years to c/c++ like iPhone... sooooo we are jerked. HP just flushed the toilet for a fresh bowl... and we were in the toilet.

oh yea... mojo is dead, and all pre/pixi owners will NOT be getting any new apps(who would develop a mojo app now? ), and are sitting on a stagnant phone.
  2.    #22  
    Rubinstein has said that HP will do "something special" for original pre/pre+ users since they wont be getting webOS 2.0. not sure what that means...
    Summer ends in September, and companies generally don't give a date range when it's likely they can hit the beginning of it (e.g. Palm/first half of 2009, Blackberry Playbook shipping in Q1 of 2011, Motorola Xoom in Q1 of 2011)
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Rubinstein has said that HP will do "something special" for original pre/pre+ users since they wont be getting webOS 2.0. not sure what that means...
    And Rubinstein said we'd have flash before the end of 2009.
    And Rubinstein said we'd have an office editing suite before the end of 2009.
    And Rubinstein said older devices would be getting 2.0 real soon.
    And Apotheker said HP would only be announcing new devices when they were weeks away from launching.

Put down the KoolAid
    (and look at the calendar before starting a thread saying 4.5 months is 3 months.)
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Walk to any street corner then walk into the street without looking then.....
  6.    #26  
    its all speculation. and for many companies "summer" begins before the solstice. positive thinking people.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    If you're on the dev forums you can see what the hold up is..
    So why don't you actually say instead of flaunting your superior position?
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    So why don't you actually say instead of flaunting your superior position?
    ltm, having dev access isn't a superior position, ANYONE (literally) can get into the early access program. So instead, why don't you apply for it and you can see what news is on there.

Plus it's always good to see what news Palm has directly from their forums.
    Sprint Love
    ltm, having dev access isn't a superior position, ANYONE (literally) can get into the early access program.
    So true... lol

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    ltm, having dev access isn't a superior position, ANYONE (literally) can get into the early access program. So instead, why don't you apply for it and you can see what news is on there.

Plus it's always good to see what news Palm has directly from their forums.
    The question still remains though. Why didn't you answer the question? Why instead make cryptic references to a hidden developers forum. Is it covered by NDA? If not, then quite being a jerk and say it out right.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Don't forget Chinese New Year and component shortages. Last Fall people were saying "CES is only a couple of months away. Can't you wait that long?". Then at CES they said "The HP announcement is only a month away. Can't you wait that long?" Now they are saying "Summer is only a few months away. Can't you wait that long?"

Then it will be "HP had to relaunch everything in 2011. These things take time. Did you know the iPhone didn't have any apps for a year?"
    Exactly
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Also, the Mobile World Congress and CTiA are both coming up with (presumably) lots of phone announcements. And also, Apple's WWDC (where the next iPhone should be announced) is rumored to be June 5. The cards are stacked against HP. Let's be real. The enterprise market may be their best hope as their "trojan" horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    Also, the Mobile World Congress and CTiA are both coming up with (presumably) lots of phone announcements. And also, Apple's WWDC (where the next iPhone should be announced) is rumored to be June 5. The cards are stacked against HP. Let's be real. The enterprise market may be their best hope as their "trojan" horse.
    I don’t disagree.

I mean, everyone should decide for themselves which gadget appeals to them most at the time they look to get a new phone with the understanding that new and better phones will always be “a couple weeks away.”

That said, for my money, right now the announced Pre3 is pushing a lot of right buttons:

-3.6” 800x480 screen – In the “Goldilocks” zone for me. Not too big, not too small.

-1.4 GHz – Sure. Probably would have been fine with 1 GHz.

-Memory – What is it again? 8, 16, 32? Personally, my needs topped out at 4 GB so that’s fine.

-Physical keyboard – yes please. Better than the horrible keyboard on the Pre+, even better.

-Mic on the slide out keyboard so it actually locates by your mouth while talking – groovy.

-Front facing camera - thank you.

-WebOS – nuff said.

-Tight integration with touchpad for alerts, emails, phone calls– all kinds of good stuff.

-World phone for those of us who have to schlep it across the pond – Giggidy

-Touchstone charging – Pure gravy!

So while I can understand the position of someone that wants a 4.5” slab to smack up against their face everytime they make a call would be disappointed and looking for future announcements from other companies, personally there is little on the market now, and probably little in the near future that will stack up against it as far as features I’m actually interested in. I’m stoked.

-Suntan
    I think the reason HP was able to keep the wraps on the devices so well is that they aren't in production yet. (Except for the few prototypes shown.) So I think "Summer" really means summer.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Why is everyone pooping their diapers because of this? just sayin
    Too many other hot items are being released earlier. There's less incentive to wait for speculative time frames unless you must have webOS and webOS alone. But even if you want webOS, the faithful have to suffer through a whole season before they may or may not see anything, depending on what happens in the meantime. These slow releases have to stop if webOS is to succeed financially.

Not only that but Apple products are on the horizon and the Pre 2 has already been scuttled by the iPhone in the US. Only those faithful waiting for webOS upgrades will likely get that device. But the numbers of the faithful aren't enough. Plus HP scuttled the worldwide release itself. It may be because they really wanted to sell Pre 3, but now making people wait even longer?

A season is a long time in the cell phone world these days. I remember when spec refreshes were yearly with a lot less phones. Not so anymore. The tablet world has to contend with iPad, like it or not. And releasing after iPad 2 is likely to be already out and captured interest? Xoom will be releasing a wifi only version for those who dislike the data plan one WiFi-only Motorola Xoom tablet does its FCC duty, silver version spotted in Dubai (video) -- Engadget , while the data version arrives on the 24th this month. Although it has unattractive pricing, it's already in a better position than TouchPad, it's actually coming out much sooner and will be tangible accessible product soon. Some early adopters will likely try it out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    weeks away and 90 days are really two different worlds in the technology space.
    "Summer" is June 22 through September 22. HP/Palm have been terrible at hitting deadlines and they've lied at every turn.

There is only ONE reason to use a date range so incredibly vague as "Summer" and that's pure incompetence.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Summer starts in June (the 21st actually). So isn't that just over 4 months?
    By the calendar, it'd be the 1st of June, regardless of when the 'season' actually starts.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    The question still remains though. Why didn't you answer the question? Why instead make cryptic references to a hidden developers forum. Is it covered by NDA? If not, then quite being a jerk and say it out right.
    Of course it will be released to the Early Access folks first, and thus will fall under the NDA. There is no need to call the guy a jerk for following the rules.
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/10/2011 at 06:31 PM.
    summer arrives here in about 3 weeks...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast