1.    #1  
    I shifted from my Pre to Iphone4, but Im willing to shift back.

I hope HP/Palm are addressing the localization support in regards to the arabic language.

my main issue with the pre/webos was the lack of arabic support.
    seeing the new Pre3 hardware spec is Equivalent to iphone4, Im willing to jump back since I enjoy using Webos more that IOS.

can any one confirm this on the Pre3 by visiting an arabic site and see if the font displays?

also does the Pre3 include an on screen keyboard, which might be used later to support arabic typing?

If you search this forum , you will see that I tried hard to get arabic support on my Pre but all the efforts lead me to a dead end , then I decided to go to the iphone 4
    I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to get something that can natively support Arabic text.
  3.    #3  
    i see were is this going , Iphone 5 ;-)
    i don't think we will see arabic any time soon on webos.
    lets hope that one of admins goes to MWC and give it a try on any arabic website e.g: Masrawy- First Egyptian Portal - مصراوي - أول وأكبر بوابة مصرية
    and take a pic for what is displayed then post it here

I hope to see arabic on webos
    it won't have a virtual keyboard, but homebrew will prob cook one up.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    How can we contact HP asking them to add Arabic support? This is so important to me. Otherwise I will have to consider another phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by leopard106 View Post
    lets hope that one of admins goes to MWC and give it a try on any arabic website e.g: Masrawy- First Egyptian Portal - مصراوي - أول وأكبر بوابة مصرية
    and take a pic for what is displayed then post it here

I hope to see arabic on webos
    Well is Masrway on running on Pre 2 sorry not a Pre 3 (just a point of reference), but we might have one next month AS soon as i can ill test the arabic support and get back to you guys

But i think the way to get HP to support Arabic is by using the carriers to pressure the HP into supporting the language.I carriers show interest HP will jump on adopting arabic, Etisalat help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My girlfriend would love this... she's studying Arabic overseas and would love to use her Pre in Arabic.
    sorry but as of SDK 3.0 which is going to be on the tablet there is still not support for Arabic, Persian or Hebrew. They have added Right to Left support but there is still no font support. We really need to press HP on this.
    HP won't introduce arabic support until the very instant webOS devices become officially available in arabia. They're expanding markets right now, but arabia is not part of the first, impending expansion wave.