Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I like the pre 3, but i wish it had a horizontal slider rather than vertical. This would allow for a much more spacious keyboard, plus with the long design of the pre 3, a horizontal slider makes more sense. Anyone agree?
    Turn the phone ninety degrees in either direction. But I think you mean landscape.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Turn the phone ninety degrees in either direction. But I think you mean landscape.
    i think you know what i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzarella72 View Post
    I like the pre 3, but i wish it had a horizontal slider rather than vertical. This would allow for a much more spacious keyboard, plus with the long design of the pre 3, a horizontal slider makes more sense. Anyone agree?

That's what I expected, but the Pre3 keyboard is essentially the same size as the Treo keyboard that everyone loves so much. It's a very spacious keyboard. IMHO the Pre3 keyboard is every bit as good as the Treo or Blackberry. I was impressed.
    I'm not a fan of landscape phones. It just seems they weren't designed that way.

Eitherway, Palm/HP wanted to 'play it safe' with their new releases, (apart from the veer) I'm sure they are trying to stick to what they know as much as possible, and not go ahead and flip their new phone design 90. Its pretty risky.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    there is too much viewing space lost in landscape mode to make me want a landscape keyboard.
    no
    I don't

my son does.
    I did know what you meant, just trying to be funny.

I have 0 explanations why, but I much prefer the portrait slider of my pre than say the landscape of an original Moto Droid, or the Epic.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I had my landscape slider already and it was called the G1. It is definitely not as convenient as a portrait slider such as the P3.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    You have got to be kidding me.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I, personally, find horizontal sliders to be useless.

If the Pre 3's keyboard is good (hint: it seems to be excellent), then a portrait slider is much better.

People love BlackBerry's keyboards, even though they are in the portrait orientation. Some people like the HTC keyboards, too, but I find them to be less useful.
    Portrait slider >>>>> landscape slider. Having to rotate the phone constantly to use it does not impress me.
    I love the Vertical slider, the horizontal slide out is too spaced out. No thank you. If the Pre 3 has Pixi like keys it would make it easier to type. Can't wait to get my hands on the Pre 3 just to feel the keyboard out.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    there is too much viewing space lost in landscape mode to make me want a landscape keyboard.
    I disagree completely.

Reading and web browsing is way easier in horizontal mode on the Pre.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    HP if your listening, don't, we don't want no landscape sliders. I just left Sprint and Verizon stores, I don't like horizontal sliders, the keys are farther apart than an IBM Selectric.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    After yesterday's announcement with no firm dates and carriers it does not much matter for me anymore, ready to move on to Android and that is too bad since I like WebOs but HP blew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    HP if your listening, don't, we don't want no landscape sliders. I just left Sprint and Verizon stores, I don't like horizontal sliders, the keys are farther apart than an IBM Selectric.
    No offence but just because YOU don't want it doesn't mean the rest of the consumer world doesn't.

Slabs and landscape sliders are all over for one reason:

They sell.
    NO landscape sliders !!! im all for it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i like vertical but they should have made it both ways. that would have been cool to have your choice.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast