Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    i definately want a landscape slider!...but who cares what i want...when it comes to keyboarded smartphones landscape sliders sell at least 10 to 1 over portrait sliders....What portrait slider has ever been a big hit?....zero

There are just tons of people out there who would never purchase a portrait slider...they dont care about being able to do everything with one hand...they care about that cool mini laptop look that landscape sliders have...to them portrait sliders look top-heavy and clumsy like its gonna tip out of your hands...

If HP wants to succeed they should give the people what they want to buy...choice....HP needs to produce a family of form factors...makes sense because it give everyone something to like...
    I want the toaster....

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Name one portrait smartphone that did well in the market.

I can name four that failed:
    Pre, Pre 2, Kin, Black Berry torch.
    Please the torch did NOT fail, this is why they are coming with the torch2.. Same as torch better processor.. I sell 13 torches a day.. Def NOT a failure..

My post didn't just say smartphones either

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Personally, I dislike horizontal sliders. Not hate because they do have great up sides but the way I like using a phone is how is fits comfortable in 1 hand (even if I'm using 2). I love Portrait style keyboards because .... well... the ROCK!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    i definately want a landscape slider!...but who cares what i want...when it comes to keyboarded smartphones landscape sliders sell at least 10 to 1 over portrait sliders....What portrait slider has ever been a big hit?....zero
    The number of available landscape sliders also practically out numbers the number of portrait sliders over 10 to 1. On top of that the few existing portrait slider smartphones were plagued with poor build quality (Pre), poor marketing (Pre/Pre Plus), slow (webOS) or poor (Torch) software/OS development, and a bad release cycle (Pre 2).

If a portrait slider that is up to date in specs, with developed software, high build quality, and decent marketing does poorly, then you can claim no one wants a portrait slider smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Please the torch did NOT fail, this is why they are coming with the torch2.. Same as torch better processor.. I sell 13 torches a day.. Def NOT a failure..

My post didn't just say smartphones either

AT&T Disappointed with BlackBerry Torch, Blames iPhone

BlackBerry Torch already selling for half-off - Aug. 17, 2010

^Black berry torch on sale half off after just 5 days on the market^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I tell you current real world #'s and all you got are 8 month old articles? Pfft!

roflol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I tell you current real world #'s and all you got are 8 month old articles? Pfft!

You told me some random number that "you sell" not real world numbers.

I couldn't find anything more up to date.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I LOVE PORTRAIT SLIDER.

Theres 4 main things stopping the pre3 from being the phone I dreamed: 512mb of more ram, 1 more core (400mhz slower would of been fine if it had 2), video out, bigger battery.

Considering it got the general form factor, the pre shape, the big screen, high resolution, my favorite os, the rubber plastic back (have a pre minus, and don't like the shinny back, and wouldn't want glass either), auto focus camera (finally), Really good specs (some I'd like to improve, but 1.4 is about halfway from single core 1ghz, to dual core 1ghz), I really won't complain as long as they offer sooner rater than later, and a special discount for the discontinuation of support for a phone I got under a 3 year contract.
    im not saying there is anything wrong with portrait sliders...i just kno what is better...choice

having a webOS on BOTH landscape and portrait sliders is 5 times better than having it on one form factor exclusively....

3 portrait sliders (small, medium, large)
    0 landscape sliders
    0 slabs

equals dumb
    Landscape sliders look nice, but I have not found one that I can work efficiently on. That being said, WebOS is designed for portrait view. Releasing a landscape device would only dilute WebOS by creating additional development hurdles. Palm is doing one thing especially right and that is differentiating themselves from other companies. I don't want to have a hard time differentiating a WebOS device from an Android one. That's one of the reasons I really like the Veer; put simply, it veers from the norm (pun intended)
    HP should know better...I mean this is a company that produced portrait and landscape CALCULATORS!...they should be all over the landscape slider vibe...

I thought webOS was going to be flexible enough to use in phones, tablets, watches, printers, household appliances, netbooks etc...now im not so sure...Android and every manufacturer in the Open Handset Alliance are savvy enough to do both landscape and portrait why not HP and webOS???
    About the Blackberry Torch comments. WRONG. In September, RIM released it's earnings and said hot Torch sales were responsible for a record profit in the 2nd quarter of 2010.

BlackBerry posts record revenue on Torch sales - The Economic Times

The Torch was a sales monster for RIM.
    Why are we wasting time complaining about the lack of a landscape slider keyboard model?

We should be complaining about them not releasing a dual SCREEN model! Seriously, what the heck were they thinking missing out on the dual screen slider form factor!?!
    The weird thing is their explanation for why they chose a portrait slider was that the rest of the market/industry is going landscape and slab.

So essentially they said, "Everyone's buying landscape devices, so we sat down, put our heads together and realized we should make what no one's buying!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Hey! Copier! lol
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne

You sell 13 Torches a day? You're a good salesmen.

Would be interested to see the real world numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Why are we wasting time complaining about the lack of a landscape slider keyboard model?

We should be complaining about them not releasing a dual SCREEN model! Seriously, what the heck were they thinking missing out on the dual screen slider form factor!?!
    How does your sarcasm attribute to this conversation?

As discussed, landscape sliders and slabs overly dominate the market...this is because it's what the majority of smartphone users want.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    You sell 13 Torches a day? You a good salesmen.

Would be interested to see the real world numbers.
    Yeah, I even notice in EvilKell's post from back in September...there are no actual numbers given.

Let's keep in mind that...even if it did start to sell...it had to sell at half the price of what they originally offered it for.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast