Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hey guys for those that dont follow me on Twitter, I posted a bunch of thoughts & pics up from the event earlier.

Few thoughts: 1. The Slider is crazy solid. Picture something similiar to the Blackberry Bold, but better.

2. The Keyboard...ohhh the Keyboard. Again: amazing; Treo Amazing.

3. Super thin & weighted juuuust right.... not top heavy at all.

4. Screen is beautiful & BRIGHT.

5. Did I mention the keyboard?

Any questions...shoot em over either here or on Twitter guys!

OHhhhh... Pics...

Here is some more... & I will update alot later: (Sorry for the link right now... Hotel internet is crapping out... Will update post with pics ASAP)

Think Beyond - a set on Flickr

Here are new pics guys... Finally got around to uploading them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5102426...7625919527109/

A few...

R6501681 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

R6501676 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

R6501686 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

AND... Just added some great comparison pics Originally from Precentral.net : http://www.precentral.net/hp-pre-3-hands-on

pre-3-04 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

More on my Flickr Page....
    Last edited by mrkalel; 02/14/2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: New Pics...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Nice to hear some good news...

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Glad to hear about the keyboard.
    i'm not sure if you can go back and check , but does it have arabic support?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hey guys for those that dont follow me on Twitter, I posted a bunch of thoughts & pics up from the event earlier.

Few thoughts: 1. The Slider is crazy solid. Picture something similiar to the Blackberry Bold, but better.

2. The Keyboard...ohhh the Keyboard. Again: amazing; Treo Amazing.

3. Super thin & weighted juuuust right.... not top heavy at all.

4. Screen is beautiful & BRIGHT.

5. Did I mention the keyboard?

Any questions...shoot em over either here or on Twitter guys!

OHhhhh... Pics...

Here is some more... & I will update alot later: (Sorry for the link right now... Hotel internet is crapping out... Will update post with pics ASAP)

Think Beyond - a set on Flickr
    It does look like the thickness of the phone is pretty nice from those pictures. The whole design of the body looks refined from the old pre. If the OS runs smoothly on it, I think I'll have to get one. even if it means moving away from Sprint.
    How was the OS running on it? Looked pretty snappy and quick to me on videos, but I want to hear it from a first person standpoint.

This thing really looks amazing to me. I really can't wait to get it.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    It does look like the thickness of the phone is pretty nice from those pictures. The whole design of the body looks refined from the old pre. If the OS runs smoothly on it, I think I'll have to get one. even if it means moving away from Sprint.
    ditto on that, though sprint would be dumb buisness wise not to offer this device since to me if they didnt care about Webos users complaining about not having a option for new devices, they would not have put up a poll asking which OS they should support, as well as putting Webos as a option. I assume that the rumors of may, june on sprint will come to surface. If not I will be moving on, since now that AT&T will be offering anytime any mobile too, and VZ prices are coming down to match as welll.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    It looks like the microphone is in the bottom slider part under the keyboard now, is that right? Can you talk on it while closed? (noticed the same thing with the veer)
    R6501681 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    i think the updated form factor of the pre, ala the pre3 is sexy as hell, and having a physical keyboard with the pre(still have my sprint pre), i think it would be hard now in this time and age to switch to a slab device, not impossible, just hard... for me this phone is a grand slam and its perfect for everything i need, and the beautiful screen is just amazing. good work HP, good work...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    i think the updated form factor of the pre, ala the pre3 is sexy as hell, and having a physical keyboard with the pre(still have my sprint pre), i think it would be hard now in this time and age to switch to a slab device, not impossible, just hard... for me this phone is a grand slam and its perfect for everything i need, and the beautiful screen is just amazing. good work HP, good work...
    Ditto. Just need to be patient and wait until it arrives. Hopefully HP is better than Palm on delivery schedules.
    I gotta agree. This phone is pretty much exactly what I want. Only reservation is the timing. But, then again, my ATT Pre Plus is hanging in there and my upgrade is in June. So, guess waiting is about right anyway.
    WOW, finally a positive thread. Nice to read.

I can't wait to get mine as well.

ET
    I assume no more replaceable battery in Pre 3...
    I want this on Sprint too. I had the original Pre and then switched to the EVO but I miss the WebOs and the multitasking ( true multitasking guys) that the pre offers. I also miss the camera so much. Now that the Pre3 has the front facing vga camera and the 5mp auto focus on the back with a 1.4ghz of pure love im in love once again lol. Also the beta of the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is a selling point for me! I think the most important thing would be the battery performance for me. the battery on the EVO sucks worse than the one I had in my original Pre.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I want this on Sprint too. I had the original Pre and then switched to the EVO but I miss the WebOs and the multitasking ( true multitasking guys) that the pre offers. I also miss the camera so much. Now that the Pre3 has the front facing vga camera and the 5mp auto focus on the back with a 1.4ghz of pure love im in love once again lol. Also the beta of the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is a selling point for me! I think the most important thing would be the battery performance for me. the battery on the EVO sucks worse than the one I had in my original Pre.
    so true funny nobody says anything about the Evo's battery life. I had one for 4 months and the battery was the same as the pre sometimes worse. i have 2 co workers with them and they borrow my charger cord more then i use it (the pre mini usb of course fits the evo).
    Excepting that Flash is out of beta now, and on version 10.2. You'd think that with 6 months to ship they'd be able to put a newer version in there. :P
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    So, Yup... replaceable battery... SUPER THIN (cant believe how thing actually) Very fast... I mean it is a 1.4Ghz Pro guys! (Imagined that overclocked)

I really REALLY wanted to run out of there with it when I was using it...
    perhaps this has been discussed, but has anyone gotten the chance to use the pre 3 video chat or had it demoed?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    perhaps this has been discussed, but has anyone gotten the chance to use the pre 3 video chat or had it demoed?
    Well they did demo it between the TouchPad & Pre 3... it was sooo smooth and good looking....

Skype is on board BTW
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I am interested to see how it looks in real life. Does the phone feel proportionally strange when opened? It looks like it would be huge.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast