Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    But other slabs that have a similar screensize as the Pre 3 are not making their devices thicker to hold bigger batteries. They are making them as thin as possible and using just enough battery to get one through the day on light usage.

If HP were to make a slab that thick, even to facilitate a large battery they would be seriously ridiculed.

People are content to make their devices thicker themselves by adding external or extended batteries, but they would likely have never bought the device looking like that.
    most slabs have a bigger battery than the pre while being thinner. The iphone4 has a 1400mah battery, while the atrix has a 1900 one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I can't believe how tiny the port hole for the speaker phone is on the Pre3. The Veers looks more promising so I hope the 3 stills puts out a quality sound..
    I thought the tiny hole on back of the Pre3 was the second MIC. Not sure where the rear speaker emits it sound.

Is the black line across the bottom of the back (about an inch wide) for opening the case to replace the battery?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    the black line across the bottom of the back (about an inch wide) for opening the case to replace the battery?
    That's the speaker. Some phones use the tiny gap between the battery and cover to resonate sound (like a speaker case). I had that on an htc phone and the sound was much better and deeper with the battery case on

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by edgarwong; 02/19/2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Camera Fun! & Face Morpher
    My babies =)
    The slider is crazy solid? Sweet! This was the thing I wanted to know about. Who cares about 4G? Bye bye oreo!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Instead of starting with the Veer, they should have went straight to the Touch Pad during the conference, Pre 3 and then Veer... Never start small! All the devices are nice but it was the presentation that messed it up for everyone who got upset...

I have a rule when I am playing spades with friends...

"Go BIG or go HOME!"

How about we adopt that for the next go around hmm HP... mm'kay!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    anyone remember this rumor?
    Six New HP Palm Smartphones for 2011? | webOSroundup
    even if we counted the touchpad as one of the 6, theres still 3 left.
    Sorry dude, they always count GSM/CDMA as individual phones.
    And the touchpad will be sans or with UMTS.
    Well, and if you start another count..:
    veer UMTS
    veer CDMA (later)
    pre3 8GB
    pre 16GB
    Touchpad 16
    Touchpad 32

That's six. Sorry, only thing that is as of yet unannounced may be little more than veer CDMA
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Awesome, looks like they might be using a IPS panel in the Pre 3 since the screen is still very viable at extreme angles.
    Looks like HP have done their homework and produced a phone that will give the rotten Apple something to worry about. Word on the street is that the iPhone is now officially BORING. No delays in release of the Pre 3 and a HUGE advertising campaign will help take market share away from all the others!!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Palm View Post
    Looks like HP have done their homework and produced a phone that will give the rotten Apple something to worry about. Word on the street is that the iPhone is now officially BORING. No delays in release of the Pre 3 and a HUGE advertising campaign will help take market share away from all the others!!
    I agree w/ you...the problem is, Boring or not to "us" doesn't mean anything to the TON of people on the street that want an iPhone just because its an iPhone
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Check out this post on some of my thoughts...

http://forums.precentral.net/general...s-missing.html
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    The slider is crazy solid? Sweet! This was the thing I wanted to know about. Who cares about 4G? Bye bye oreo!
    I agree. I don't see much of a point in owning a 4G device when it won't work in 70-90% of the country. I realize that'll be changing over the next couple of years, but until then I don't expect to benefit from it (especially living in Iowa :P ).
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I'm "fairly" new to this so please, be gentle. Granted I might be the only person on this forum who doesn't know what 'oreo' means in regards to the Pre, but could someone tell me, pretty please? ::bats eyelashes::
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJayne View Post
    I'm "fairly" new to this so please, be gentle. Granted I might be the only person on this forum who doesn't know what 'oreo' means in regards to the Pre, but could someone tell me, pretty please? ::bats eyelashes::
    Well, batting eyelashes does nothing for me, but I'll tell you, anyway.

Think of twisting apart an Oreo cookie. The Pre can, sometimes, develop looseness in the slider and the two halves start getting a twist.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Well, batting eyelashes does nothing for me, but I'll tell you, anyway.

Think of twisting apart an Oreo cookie. The Pre can, sometimes, develop looseness in the slider and the two halves start getting a twist.

Sent from my eVo
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJayne View Post
    Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the quick response.
    Welcome! The original Pre on Sprint was the worst for this. Build quality greatly improved with the plus, the Pre2 and now reports say the 3 is also great.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Welcome! The original Pre on Sprint was the worst for this. Build quality greatly improved with the plus, the Pre2 and now reports say the 3 is also great.

Sent from my eVo
    I played around with the Pre at my Sprint store when it first came out but for some reason decided to go with the Pixi. I have to say, it's honestly the best phone I've used to date. That being said, I am SOOOO excited to get my hands on the Pre 3. That is without a doubt my next phone. It's got a big, beautiful screen, fantastic keyboard, and of course, the best operating system (in my humble, but accurate opinion) on the planet. I'm such a geek....I can't wait for it to get to Sprint already! Seriously.
    I'm looking forward to a Pre 3 as well. I picked up a unlocked Pre 2 to use in afghanistan and it works great here. People always ask me what phone it is and are generally amazed by it. I don't know what all the bad press is for the Pre 3 has just about everything I want. Front facing cam, autofocus camera with 720p, wvga screen, super fast cpu, and most importantly webOS . I can't wait for the Pre 3 and luckily I don't get back to the states till late July so hopefullu by then it launches and is on my carrier of choice...Verizon. The only thing I'm wary of is the adreno gpu the snapdragon cpu are paired with. Those are usually not as good as the ones on the ti omap gpu's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    But other slabs that have a similar screensize as the Pre 3 are not making their devices thicker to hold bigger batteries. They are making them as thin as possible and using just enough battery to get one through the day on light usage.

If HP were to make a slab that thick, even to facilitate a large battery they would be seriously ridiculed.

People are content to make their devices thicker themselves by adding external or extended batteries, but they would likely have never bought the device looking like that.
    No. most android slab phones have 1600mah + batteries.

I think the Atrix has 1900+
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    most slabs have a bigger battery than the pre while being thinner. The iphone4 has a 1400mah battery, while the atrix has a 1900 one.
    Exactly, I wouldnt mind an extra 1 mm thickness for a 1400 battery(if thats possible)

They really need to get close to 1500 to get a decent to great battery life out of webos products
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    No. most android slab phones have 1600mah + batteries.

I think the Atrix has 1900+
    Yeah, the Evo came with a 1500.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast