Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    at webOS Dev Day in November... they specifically said region-locked apps were going to be done away shortly.
    sweeeeeeeeeet... here's hoping that includes region-locked payment options!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Amos View Post
    do you have a pic that shows Pre 3 screen verses original Pre screen?
    I didn't see any pics comparing the two, but I did see a video on youtube comparing Pre-, Veer, and Pre 3 for a second or two. Check it out.

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Here is one... not the best...but pretty good:

R6501680 by MrKal_El, on Flickr
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    sweeeeeeeeeet... here's hoping that includes region-locked payment options!
    It does... including (not sure when) App catalog rebate & promo codes for free downloads etc...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Here are some Great! pics Originally from Precentral.net : http://www.precentral.net/hp-pre-3-hands-on

pre-3-04 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

pre-3-09 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

pre-3-03 by MrKal_El, on Flickr

pre-3-02 by MrKal_El, on Flickr
    Is the keyboard as clicky as the Pixi?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    It does... including (not sure when) App catalog rebate & promo codes for free downloads etc...
    Do you mean in the future I'd be able to use a WebOS device in Australia and buy apps here without using a US/Euro credit card? If so you've just made my year.

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Is the keyboard as clicky as the Pixi?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    I will tell you this... the Pixi & Pre feel like CRAP compared...

This Veer's KB is MUCH better than the Pixi...and the Pre 3 is better that probably any other Palm device... including Treo's... That KB is unbelievable for the space it occupies...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Do you mean in the future I'd be able to use a WebOS device in Australia and buy apps here without using a US/Euro credit card? If so you've just made my year.
    From everything I have been led to believe: Yes.
    My understanding is that you will still need to have valid US credit card details entered.

And about unlocking the app catalog. I'll believe it when I see it. We all know what "soon" means ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    From everything I have been led to believe: Yes.
    there isn't a smiley available to convey how that makes me feel!!

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My understanding is that you will still need to have valid US credit card details entered.

And about unlocking the app catalog. I'll believe it when I see it. We all know what "soon" means ...

-- Rod
    you're killin' my buzz man...

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

-- Rod
    You are correct Rod... I know that at Dev Day I was told it would be unlocked (fully) but as you said... who knows when...

I am hoping that HP will get their ducks on a row for the launch coming up in the Summer. Would make sense IMO...
    You are correct Rod... I know that at Dev Day I was told it would be unlocked (fully) but as you said... who knows when...

I am hoping that HP will get their ducks on a row for the launch coming up in the Summer. Would make sense IMO...
    Summer 2012 (southern hemisphere) is the earliest I'm expecting to be able to buy an app with an Australian credit card or purchase a webOS device in Australia. And even that is being hopeful on my part.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I will tell you this... the Pixi & Pre feel like CRAP compared...

This Veer's KB is MUCH better than the Pixi...and the Pre 3 is better that probably any other Palm device... including Treo's... That KB is unbelievable for the space it occupies...
    wow you just made my expectations go up the roof!

hard to imagine a keyboard better than the Treos...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Summer 2012 (southern hemisphere) is the earliest I'm expecting to be able to buy an app with an Australian credit card or purchase a webOS device in Australia. And even that is being hopeful on my part.
    -- Rod
    Maybe I'll just have to forget about WebOS for this year and go android tablet as well as phone. Guess I'll come back to webOS when i can.

anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, thanks for all the great info mrkalel!

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I personally dont care either Pre 3 or slab just be nice to have choices, 4" slab would look great with webOS. I had the EVO it is easy to type with that size screen. I just hope PRe 3 has better slider than the current Pre.
    It's not being obsessed with the slab form as much as having the option of it, after seeing the pictures and watching the videos, I have to say that I would be willing to give it a look when it gets released. I like the metal buttons and glass screen, it does make the difference. Since I switched to the Evo, I have gotten used to no moving parts and a solid phone,and not sure if I would want to take that leap of faith again on hoping that this time they got it right. And to those who say just don't open the keyboard and it's a slab, what kind of cases will it come with, will there be the option for a case that doesn't allow you to open it?

Overall from what I have seen, I am impressed with the new Pre. Will I still be in six months by the time it gets released is the question.
    So, Yup... replaceable battery... SUPER THIN (cant believe how thing actually) Very fast... I mean it is a 1.4Ghz Pro guys! (Imagined that overclocked)

I really REALLY wanted to run out of there with it when I was using it...
    NO! wait until it's optimized some more. The veer was more responsive in alot of videos, meaning the pre 3 isn't fully optimized yet.
    This phone looks better every time I see a vid or pics. I just hope its announced for Sprint before my 30 days with the EVO Shift is up. Id take this back & wait till summer for sure. One thing though is this shift has great battery life. Lasts 12 hours a charge for me
    Thanks for all the vids and pics. Just wondering has anyone come across a picture that compare the thickness of current Pre/ Plus with Pre3?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast