Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    It looks like the microphone is in the bottom slider part under the keyboard now, is that right? Can you talk on it while closed? (noticed the same thing with the veer)
    R6501681 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I was wondering the same thing. When the slider is closed the front mic will be covered up. How will this effect the phone quality?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    2,156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Looks great, does it have a light notify when missed calls or getting text?
    I am only upset at that Sprint might not be getting it, otherwise I think this is a great phone, wish they also came out with 4" slab but maybe next year. I am just hoping Sprint picks this baby up with the Pad. Pictures are worth thousand words.
    why does everyone keep saying they don't think Sprint will be getting it? There has not been any indication that they won't. We don't know all of the details.

If you want a slab phone, don't open the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hey guys... Updated the first link w/ the new pics I promised you all...\

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post2858714
    Last edited by mrkalel; 02/13/2011 at 11:10 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hey guys... Updated the first link w/ the new pics I promised you guys...
    Great pics, bud! Makes me want that then even more now that I'm reliving playing with it.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    There's nothing I want more than to replace my pre minus with a HP Pre3. HP hurry up already.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Thankyou for finally having a positive thread! This is getting me all excited for WebOS again.

I don't suppose you were able to glean any information about the App Catalog and the region-locking thereof?
    Last edited by bennish; 02/14/2011 at 01:04 AM.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Thankyou for finally having a positive thread! This is getting me all excited for WebOS again.

I don't suppose you were able to glean any information about the App Catalog and the region-locking thereof?
    It slipped my mind ask again, but at webOS Dev Day in November... they specifically said region-locked apps were going to be done away shortly.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I think HP has an ace up its sleeve. Maybe they'll announce a slab form factor and the Pre 3 launch details in the spring. The key is to keep a steady stream of interest. February 9th piqued everyone's interest. Future announcements will hopefully fill in the gaps for those who wanted a slab.
    Quote Originally Posted by empathyrus View Post
    I think HP has an ace up its sleeve. Maybe they'll announce a slab form factor and the Pre 3 launch details in the spring. The key is to keep a steady stream of interest. February 9th piqued everyone's interest. Future announcements will hopefully fill in the gaps for those who wanted a slab.
    As anyone ever explained what a slab phone has over the current Pre 3? I mean, the Pre 3 is both, keyboard and V keyboard (if it has one). If you want a slab phone, DON'T OPEN THE PRE up. But all you read is slab, slab, slab . . .

ET
    thanks for the update!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    As anyone ever explained what a slab phone has over the current Pre 3? I mean, the Pre 3 is both, keyboard and V keyboard (if it has one). If you want a slab phone, DON'T OPEN THE PRE up. But all you read is slab, slab, slab . . .

ET
    I am in the portrait slider camp but I can see why people want a slab:

No moving parts and more solid feeling phone. Thinner profile. And lastly, we still need a virtual keyboard (not from preware)
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

ET
    The slab junkies are all completely obessed with the thinness of their phone, that's why.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I personally dont care either Pre 3 or slab just be nice to have choices, 4" slab would look great with webOS. I had the EVO it is easy to type with that size screen. I just hope PRe 3 has better slider than the current Pre.
    is there any inkling if preware/homebrew/infinite customizeability will be useable on the pre3? i tried to look but found nothing definitely mentioned.
    [QUOTE=mrkalel;2868103]Hey guys... Updated the first link w/ the new pics I promised you all...\

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post2858714[/QUOTE

Wow, that is clear picture, had to wipe the drool of my laptop, lol..
    It's amazing how a lot of other mobile sites' reporters are reporting very positively on the hardware, yet we've had so many threads here about HP being doomed, and how this all sucks...blah blah blah.

This is my next phone. It's gorgeous. Appears to be extremely well built with a great keyboard (my only real complaint on my Pre+, since it has the occasional missed key and repeat key). It's smooth. Has a larger display, but is thinner overall. No more charging port cover! Metal switches. The glass screen. The auto-focus camera (YES!). Noise canceling mikes. Compass (not that I really needed it). I just hope that, assuming it hits Verizon, the GPS works the way it should. The GPS on my Pixi+ works great, but the one on my Pre+ is like locked down and sometimes works...sometimes doesn't. At least I can keep it working once it does.

Now if I can only convince my wife, once this and the TouchPad come out, that I (or maybe it's "WE") need the tablet too...yeah...I know I'm dreaming.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    is there any inkling if preware/homebrew/infinite customizeability will be useable on the pre3? i tried to look but found nothing definitely mentioned.
    Eventually it will. WebOS-Internals isn't going anywhere, and if its webOS, they will be working to learn from it and offer more customization for it. Obviously many apps and patches will have to be updated for the new device which might take a little time, but hey everything is getting updated for webOS 2.0 also, so you should have no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Eventually it will. WebOS-Internals isn't going anywhere, and if its webOS, they will be working to learn from it and offer more customization for it. Obviously many apps and patches will have to be updated for the new device which might take a little time, but hey everything is getting updated for webOS 2.0 also, so you should have no worries.
    eeeeexxxccellllent!
    was worried HP wouldn't release WEBOS to the developers like PALM did.
    can't wait!!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah man HP just donated a $10000 server to webosinternalz~~!!!! i thinks thats a good sign of support as your gonna get~!
    do you have a pic that shows Pre 3 screen verses original Pre screen?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast