Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Stlii no landscape virtual keyboard?
    I really have to believe a virtual keyboard will be available on the Pre 3. Why wouldn't they do it? They already designed a virtual keyboard with a variable size for webOS on the TouchPad.

Course then again full timestamps on text messages elude them too...
    I gotta say seeing these positive threads has made me much more optimistic about the next few months. I was very upset to hear the OTA was no longer coming but I will keep strong with my Pre Minus. Cant wait for these new products to hit the shelves.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    So, this may seem like a baited question, but I have to ask it: is it as responsive as an iPhone 4? Or, really, any iPhone.

Either way, this thread has basically solidified my belief that I will be purchasing a Pre 3 if it is out when my contract is up.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Can't wait! Thanks for the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    I gotta say seeing these positive threads has made me much more optimistic about the next few months. I was very upset to hear the OTA was no longer coming but I will keep strong with my Pre Minus. Cant wait for these new products to hit the shelves.
    I don't care if OTA isn't available, but what about doctor? Will we still be able to update via the doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I don't care if OTA isn't available, but what about doctor? Will we still be able to update via the doctor?
    Nope.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I'm thinking i'll hold out for a Pre 3 too if my carrier gets it. I just like the form factor. I don't like software keyboards. My phone is still in good shape, so I don't mind waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nope.

Hmmm I wonder why HP made the comment that there would be something good for original Pre owners. Sucks with no webOS 2.1 though. Mind you, with the gazillion patches I already have on it, I don't really need an update yet.
    Thanks for this thread to OP et al. Just now found this needle in the haystack.

Good pics and info. This looks like the step up to Pre that would not be a cabinet door in my pocket. Plus, I do prefer real keyboards, and I like the change especially at the bottom of the keyboard - it's no longer recessed. (I.e. no more cheese slicer. Bummer!!!)
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Ummm... no?
    whaaaa. lol
    Nope.

hey Garrett, you know how some people had a 2.0 doctor version and installed it on their pre - and +'s, and people were saying that the dev's who gave it out could get in alot of trouble, well, do you think webOS internals could or will get something out their as far as 2.0 on older models?

its obviously possible, from stories and youtube videos.

is that illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    hey Garrett, you know how some people had a 2.0 doctor version and installed it on their pre - and +'s, and people were saying that the dev's who gave it out could get in alot of trouble, well, do you think webOS internals could or will get something out their as far as 2.0 on older models?

its obviously possible, from stories and youtube videos.

is that illegal?
    As it is right now, I don't see webos internals providing us with a 2.0 Doctor. They may work something out with Palm though. We'll have to wait and see what happens...

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    As it is right now, I don't see webos internals providing us with a 2.0 Doctor. They may work something out with Palm though. We'll have to wait and see what happens...

I wonder if that's part of the reason they were donated the server.I recall webosinternals asking on twitter if they would need to "help" folx get the 2.0. #conspiracytheory
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    And plus, the phone is slab size (slightly bigger than the iPhone and thinner than the Pre). webOS 2.0 already showed a virtual keyboard in it. To me this is both a slab and a slider. It gives options. So I dont know what the big deal is.
    I believe that HP said that the Palm 3 would not have a virtual keyboard available.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The virtual keyboard probably won't come standard on the Pre3

I believe it has been found to be contained in WebOS 2 though so I imagine we'll have a hack to allow for it pretty quick
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    I believe that HP said that the Palm 3 would not have a virtual keyboard available.
    Not officially. But we found out not long ago that webOS 2.0 has a virtual keyboard built in the code. It just has to be enabled. Unless they removed that in 2.0.1 or 2.1 or whatever its on now. Homebrew has also whipped up a decent on screen keyboard that I'm sure eventually will work for the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Did not want to make a new thread here for this... But for all those a little upset over 2.0 not coming to older devices: please watch...

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post2865608
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    sorry if this has been posted. Hands on with Pre3. The keyboard is in fact bigger, I was sceptically at first. looks fast and slide-out looks solid.

PS: REALLY excited about how sleek (thinner) it looks.
    Last edited by utslickvic; 02/12/2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Boy, the end of the last video really sums it up for me. For Joshua (who is a great guy in person BTW) to give the Pre 3 those props = Huge.
    Last edited by mrkalel; 02/13/2011 at 08:45 AM.
    When I bought my original Pre I remember thinking, "i can use this thing for the rest of my life!" I really enjoy my Pre. It's the best phone I have ever owed. Granted the build quality leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still just so awesome. Now I will have a chance to keep the phone I love as it gets some awesome upgrades, which in my mind didn't really need at all. Don't get me wrong, I would love 4G, 5G, 6G and lasers on it just like everyone else, but I am VERY happy about what the Pre 3 can do.

I am not a computer guru or some OS expert, but WebOS has the BEST UI of ANY mobile phone PERIOD. I have no idea how it compares to with security, speed, compatibility, ease of writing software and all the other stuff that goes with programming and what not, so let me say it again "WebOS has the best UI of ANY mobile phone, PERIOD!"
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast