Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    So, Yup... replaceable battery... SUPER THIN (cant believe how thing actually) Very fast... I mean it is a 1.4Ghz Pro guys! (Imagined that overclocked)

I really REALLY wanted to run out of there with it when I was using it...
    So they still have a removable battery? Is that what you said?
    Sprint Love
    Glad to see a positve thread as well. Not sure which im excited about more, the touchpad or pre 3 summer needs to hurry up and be here
    hurray for a positive thread. its getting to the point where we need to make a separate section called 'Positive Feb. 9th Opinions'. lol
    Glad to see the positive post too, loved the stuff released yesterday.

Do I want a slab phone? No.

Do I think they should have made one? Yes

If in the presentation yesterday they had announced carriers and early release dates along with a slab phone I honestly believe people would not have cared about not getting 2.0 on their old Pres. In fact the internet would be going nuts (in a good way) over all that news.

That said, I love the new Pre3 and every review like this I have read has been stellar and that is what makes it more painful that there are not carriers and no release date.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    Glad to see the positive post too, loved the stuff released yesterday.

Do I want a slab phone? No.

If in the presentation yesterday they had announced carriers and early release dates along with a slab phone I honestly believe people would not have cared about not getting 2.0 on their old Pres. In fact the internet would be going nuts (in a good way) over all that news.

That said, I love the new Pre3 and every review like this I have read has been stellar and that is what makes it more painful that there are not carriers and no release date.
    I agree with this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    There was someone asking about language support and it seems that it varied by build, but the only one that the HP rep knew of was simplified Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    hurray for a positive thread. its getting to the point where we need to make a separate section called 'Positive Feb. 9th Opinions'. lol
    I think people tried making positive threads but they got lost somewhere. lol.

P.S. I WANT A PRE 3!!!
    The phone looks GREAT. Impressed how they could refine the current form factor. If the phone complishes the folllowing, I will be pleased:

1) Better hardware build (smooth & solid slider, screen that doesn't easily crack, better headphone jack).
    2) FASTER performing OS and app loading times.
    3) Improved battery life
    4) Better keyboard. (whether that be more clicky buttons, bigger buttons, more space).

These have ALWAYS been on my wish list and still remain. I'm sure others on this board initally had these at the top of their list but have been influenced by what other companys have been putting out lately. "Need better than 5MP camera"- I've been complimented by how good of pictures my Pre(-) takes". "Need 4G" - uh I dont. Lived my life perfectly fine without it. "Need higher screen resolution" - not for my use. "Need a slate phone"- this one makes me lol. The MAJOR reason I bought a Pre was for its querty keyboard.

Anywho by intial indications the Pre3 seems to have addressed the items above. But you never know with new-release bugs.... here's hoping!

Thanks to OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    The phone looks GREAT. Impressed how they could refine the current form factor. If the phone complishes the folllowing, I will be pleased:

1) Better hardware build (smooth & solid slider, screen that doesn't easily crack, better headphone jack).
    2) FASTER performing OS and app loading times.
    3) Improved battery life
    4) Better keyboard. (whether that be more clicky buttons, bigger buttons, more space).

These have ALWAYS been on my wish list and still remain. I'm sure others on this board initally had these at the top of their list but have been influenced by what other companys have been putting out lately. "Need better than 5MP camera"- I've been complimented by how good of pictures my Pre(-) takes". "Need 4G" - uh I dont. Lived my life perfectly fine without it. "Need higher screen resolution" - not for my use. "Need a slate phone"- this one makes me lol. The MAJOR reason I bought a Pre was for its querty keyboard.

Anywho by intial indications the Pre3 seems to have addressed the items above. But you never know with new-release bugs.... here's hoping!

Thanks to OP.
    Well lets see.....

better hardware? Doubt they made a crappy phone. The buttons and switches are metal, the screen is gorilla glass. I give it a check

Faster? 1.4 GHz...check

Improved battery life? 2.x is supposed to handle battery consumption better. So check

Better keyboard? I stand by the "they arent going to make a crappy phone" statement. The Pre 2 is apparently better so I dont see why the Pre 3 wouldnt be. Check.

Lets add bigger screen. Check

And apps that people have been wanting like Kindle. Check

The way it interacts with the TouchPad. Tripple check!!!

I agree with all your other statements. If a 5MP auto focus camera that records in HD isnt good enough for people, I dont know whats wrong with them. 4G? Maybe when its the standard for phones. Higher screen resolution? Its a small screen. if I can see my screen clearly, its good enough. A "slab" style phone? Why do people who complain about this even have a Pre in the first place?

The Pre 3 looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post

and hey, whos to say they arent yet?

anyone remember this rumor?

Six New HP Palm Smartphones for 2011? | webOSroundup

even if we counted the touchpad as one of the 6, theres still 3 left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nice to hear some good news...

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    You mean about a phone that won't come out for at least 4 months?

Well if the "new device every two months" rumor is true...thats the pre 2 now, the veer in the spring, the pre3 in the summer. Thats 3 right there. Then you have the TouchPad. 4. Anything else will be released at the end of the year. Its possible. But they seem to not like slab phones. Which I really dont mind.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

Guys...they Are Not done... believe me.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Looks great, does it have a light notify when missed calls or getting text?
    I am only upset at that Sprint might not be getting it, otherwise I think this is a great phone, wish they also came out with 4" slab but maybe next year. I am just hoping Sprint picks this baby up with the Pad. Pictures are worth thousand words.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Which I really dont mind.
    ya, i really don't mind much either honestly. i feel like its what everyone wants right now not because of the actual "slab"ness but because of marketing, android, and there being so many of them coming out of manufactures.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Guys...they Are Not done... believe me.
    do you have some fun info your not allowed to share or is this personal speculation? :P
    Stlii no landscape virtual keyboard?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    do you have some fun info your not allowed to share or is this personal speculation? :P
    Ummm... no?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    ya, i really don't mind much either honestly. i feel like its what everyone wants right now not because of the actual "slab"ness but because of marketing, android, and there being so many of them coming out of manufactures.
    And plus, the phone is slab size (slightly bigger than the iPhone and thinner than the Pre). webOS 2.0 already showed a virtual keyboard in it. To me this is both a slab and a slider. It gives options. So I dont know what the big deal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    And plus, the phone is slab size (slightly bigger than the iPhone and thinner than the Pre). webOS 2.0 already showed a virtual keyboard in it. To me this is both a slab and a slider. It gives options. So I dont know what the big deal is.
    Precisely. I figure if you want a slab, glue the slider shut and BAM. There you have it.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast