Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I seriously don't understand all the temper tantrums....I think all these products are fine and are going to be great. Maybe this isn't worth a post, but seriously? Do you all think WebOS is so doomed? I don't see problems. My Sprint Pre can still out perform and be more productive than an iPad....just saying....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just see another device I'll be passing over. Looks like I should have just bought a MP3 player instead of this Pre Minus.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It's all about setting expectations. I think some people are disappointed in the designs, but really most people are upset that A) Legacy devices are not getting any more updates and after we were promised them, and B) Nothing is coming out for 4-6 months after the CEO stated last week the HP would no longer announce anything until they were ready. I am thrilled with the Pre3 and the Touchpad, but I don't know if my launch day Pre is going to make it another 6 months.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    My Sprint Pre can still out perform and be more productive than an iPad....just saying....
    Really? Cause my Sprint Pre can't edit word docs, or excel docs or.... well, it can't do a lot of the stuff I was promised when I bought it a year and a half ago. Where'd you get your Sprint Pre, because I want that version?
    I have to agree with the OP, i love all of the devices that were announced today. If you are jumping ship and leaving, then just leave, no point in posting how disappointed/sad/angry you are, it's not like that will change anything :P

As for me, I've waited this long and i'm willing to wait longer to get what is perfect for my needs
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    I seriously don't understand all the temper tantrums....I think all these products are fine and are going to be great. Maybe this isn't worth a post, but seriously? Do you all think WebOS is so doomed? I don't see problems. My Sprint Pre can still out perform and be more productive than an iPad....just saying....

You don't see any problems?? ROFL.

- Two new devices being released sometime "in the coming months"
    - Only ONE form factor available.
    - No webOS 2.0 for Pre/Plus Pixi/Plus.
    - Developers got screwed over.

The list goes on... HP caused a lot of damage to the community today.
    The most negative reviews and comments I've seen regarding the new HP devices are in these forums. How ironic. Everybody likes the devices except the locals, haha.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

+175,342,191.76

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Man, the smugness is amazing. Things look different from the other side, don't they?
    We got some reports about this thread.

It looks as if you guys worked this about between yourselves.
    Thanks.

Many here stay here because they like the people here.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Thanks.

We did, thanks Berd!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Actually, there are posts where I try to help people with webOS problems, because I'm very knowledgeable about.

I've nothing against it, it's a great OS. It just didn't have the apps and info that I need.

Ask Garrett, I begged people to make them for me.

Sent from my eVo
    Well I'm not garret but Yes she did.. And they weren't overly complicated, dunno why garrett didn't want to make em for her, something about an eVo and some tacos in calif in the coming months

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The most negative reviews and comments I've seen regarding the new HP devices are in these forums. How ironic. Everybody likes the devices except the locals, haha.
    Exactly right.
    Because we actually had hopes and dreams, and now they're shattered.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Dammit!

I missed the fight.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

I definitely agree with you about the comment, "No webOS 2.0 for Pre/Plus Pixi/Plus". HP definitely dropped the ball there because people who don't have the luxury of upgrading their phones constantly will be left in the dust for an undisclosed amount of time.

And I can easily see how the developing community would be depressed by this same news.

Yet even though the devices are coming out in "coming months" and the form factor has remained the same, I'm cool with that. As I said, my upgrade isn't for a while. Hell, HP may have its complete webOS ecosystem, computers and all, up and running by the time of my next upgrade. Also, I'm a fan of the current form factor. So all in all, I feel bad for the people negatively affected by these announcements, but I personally don't find it to be the end of my relationship with HPalm.

Whether you stay with webOS or not, Garrett92C, you've been a worthwhile addition to this community. It'd be unfortunate to see you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    We did, thanks Berd!

Sent from my eVo
    We did. Sorry to anyone I may have offended; I went off too quickly.
    The problem i have with this product announcement is the fact that they hyped the event a lot. The touchpad looks amazing and i think it will be very successful but for the cell phone market i believe they missed a chance to get ahead of the competition by not releasing a new form factor or just a touchscreen model with no qwerty. I love WebOS, and as a owner of many OS's i cant wait to get out of android and back into webos with the palm- i mean hp pre3.

Instead of showing off apps, i wish hp wouldve went through the refinement the newer OS had or new features. I really do hope they fixed the email app and the option to NOT sync all my social networks into the phonebook....
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme99 View Post
    The problem i have with this product announcement is the fact that they hyped the event a lot. The touchpad looks amazing and i think it will be very successful but for the cell phone market i believe they missed a chance to get ahead of the competition by not releasing a new form factor or just a touchscreen model with no qwerty. I love WebOS, and as a owner of many OS's i cant wait to get out of android and back into webos with the palm- i mean hp pre3.

Instead of showing off apps, i wish hp wouldve went through the refinement the newer OS had or new features. I really do hope they fixed the email app and the option to NOT sync all my social networks into the phonebook....
    This....people keep harping on hardware...hardware is the easy part. WebOS needs some software refinements and improvements

Come to think of it, didnt hp say there would be multiple form factors at one point?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast