Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You don't see any problems?? ROFL.

    - Two new devices being released sometime "in the coming months"
    - Only ONE form factor available.
    - No webOS 2.0 for Pre/Plus Pixi/Plus.
    - Developers got screwed over.

    The list goes on... HP caused a lot of damage to the community today.
    I was actually shocked and horrified that they screwed existing developers a year into the platform. Might be the right decision long-term, but WOW. It doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy when the product you've slaved over basically needs to be scrapped to take advantage of the new OS which is only at V3.

    Frankly, that might be reason enough to focus on Android/iOS until you're sure these folks have their act together. Heck, they won't sell ONE device for 3-5 months.
  2. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I just see another device I'll be passing over. Looks like I should have just bought a MP3 player instead of this Pre Minus.
    It's not too late. Hit me up and I'll gladly take it off your hands if you hate it so much.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  3. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    It's all about setting expectations. I think some people are disappointed in the designs, but really most people are upset that A) Legacy devices are not getting any more updates and after we were promised them, and B) Nothing is coming out for 4-6 months after the CEO stated last week the HP would no longer announce anything until they were ready. I am thrilled with the Pre3 and the Touchpad, but I don't know if my launch day Pre is going to make it another 6 months.
    Hit the nail on the head for me. It's those 2 points basically. Point one doesn't really apply to me but I definitely understand.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  4. #24  
    Now that I think about, by June the Pre minus will be 2 years old. I've had lots of updates before then. I guess I just have to face the fact that any smartphone mfg won't be able to provide new and innovative upgrades for older phones indefinitely.
  5. #25  
    I can't speak for anyone but myself. My anger from yesterday's announcement is based on how much I want webOS to succeed for me to continue to use it. I've been a palm fan boy since my treo 600, even more so after the 2009 CES announcement of the original pre. I have to defend webos to all of my tech friends who do the android thing. I've tried the android thing, and don't want to be forced by the company I defend to go back. That's why I'm so angry, these devices are fine, but about 6 months late (at least the pre3 is).
  6. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #26  
    I think this is where a lot the community frustration stems from, particularly early buyers:

    Poor hardware quality on launch.
    Launching on other networks with hardware spec bumps shortly afterwards.
    Problems getting replacements due to certain hardware issues not being 'known issues' (usb door cracks, etc).
    Being promised Flash: delays, delays, and now it will never be on the older hardware.
    "Coming months" being the mantra of Palm and now seemingly HP.
    Being promised WebOS 2.x on older devices, and now that isn't happening either.
    Deja-Vu with no solid release dates or carrier announcements during CES 2009 and now HP's event yesterday.

    I will most likely end up with a Pre 3, but I can honestly understand where a lot of people are coming from. If they've stuck with Palm for the last 2 years (CES 2009-present) and have gotten several kicks to the shin.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You don't see any problems?? ROFL.

    - Two new devices being released sometime "in the coming months"
    - Only ONE form factor available.
    - No webOS 2.0 for Pre/Plus Pixi/Plus.
    - Developers got screwed over.

    The list goes on... HP caused a lot of damage to the community today.
    When, exactly, is the next iDevice coming?
    How many iPhone form factors have been introduced in the past four years?
    Can you run the latest iOS on their legacy devices? How about Android? Or Windows 7?
    Did you actually listen to their presentation for developers?

    This is easily the whiniest collection of people on the planet.
  8. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    This is easily the whiniest collection of people on the planet.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    I seriously don't understand all the temper tantrums....I think all these products are fine and are going to be great. Maybe this isn't worth a post, but seriously? Do you all think WebOS is so doomed? I don't see problems. My Sprint Pre can still out perform and be more productive than an iPad....just saying....

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Anyone who throws a temper tantrum over a phone needs some serious therapy.
  10. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Because we actually had hopes and dreams, and now they're shattered.
    I'm hoping that some very talented hackers out there who will provide us with the 2.0 software!
  11. #31  
    I personally love to have the latest and the greatest toys when they come out, just to try them out. I will never throw a temper tantrum, but I do get ****ed when all my friends are on AT&T and Verizon and they all say where is you so called great webOS phone. I say it is coming.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    ...dunno why garrett didn't want to make em for her, something about an eVo and some tacos in calif in the coming months
    Would that be fish tacos? Cause I can understand how tempted a person would be to switch over good fish tacos!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    It's all about setting expectations. I think some people are disappointed in the designs, but really most people are upset that A) Legacy devices are not getting any more updates and after we were promised them, and B) Nothing is coming out for 4-6 months after the CEO stated last week the HP would no longer announce anything until they were ready. I am thrilled with the Pre3 and the Touchpad, but I don't know if my launch day Pre is going to make it another 6 months.
    B is incorrect, according to the announcements made.

    The Veer is scheduled for early spring.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The most negative reviews and comments I've seen regarding the new HP devices are in these forums. How ironic. Everybody likes the devices except the locals, haha.
    And many of the most vocal critcs on this forum don't own any of the devices the forum is here to discuss.

    Which explains a lot.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And many of the most vocal critcs on this forum don't own any of the devices the forum is here to discuss.

    Which explains a lot.
    Does anybody own the most-discussed devices in the forums these days? Who here is having a debate over a Pre or Pixi Plus/Minus or WebOS 1.4.5?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Really? Cause my Sprint Pre can't edit word docs, or excel docs or.... well, it can't do a lot of the stuff I was promised when I bought it a year and a half ago. Where'd you get your Sprint Pre, because I want that version?
    The OTA update doesn't **** me off as much as the lack of Flash, "office editing" apps, and many others... I'm running my pre- at 1GHz thanks to homebrew, and I don't want to come back to 500MHz just to get a laggy Flash, Just Type, and stacks

    But the lack of key apps, and file/codec support, really ****es me off. I'm a webOS faithfull advocate, but my patience has a limit. And I hope someone is listening ...HP? ...are you? ...listening?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    +175,342,191.76

    Sent from my eVo
    www.androidcentral.com
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I was actually shocked and horrified that they screwed existing developers a year into the platform. Might be the right decision long-term, but WOW. It doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy when the product you've slaved over basically needs to be scrapped to take advantage of the new OS which is only at V3.

    Frankly, that might be reason enough to focus on Android/iOS until you're sure these folks have their act together. Heck, they won't sell ONE device for 3-5 months.
    It certainly won't do much to grow the app catalog but WebOS has always had problems attracting developers. The SDK changes and uncertainty over which carriers will support the new devices certainly won't help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions