1.    #1  
    Pre 3
    Was at the Dev Event and afterwords I got some private time with it. I'm a little drunk right now from going out after but here it is:

Form factor is great, It's notably wider and taller then a Pre. Like an iPhone with a slide out keyboard has same thickness. Once you have it in your hands you won't want to part with it. Solid design, keys were a bit easier and more spaced out then Pre. Slide mechanism is solid. It is a sexier phone then the Pre. It has metal accents just like the Veer which is too small for my taste (reminds me of a cute girl surrounded by hot girls) as in "That’s nice but I'd rather meet..."
    Software is definitely in beta and Palm knows this, I wasn't supposed to do any of the things I did including going to any site other then Palm and some other I can’t remember because some websites won't even work like MSNBC which wouldn’t load and although CNN would load I couldn't go to a video page. Google Maps loaded really quick but displayed in only 2/3rd's of the screen, clearly they hadn't finished that app for the Pre 3. Copy/paste wasn't working at the time nor was option button for opening a hyperlink in another card. Like I said, it's in beta and I'm not worried about it. I'm not telling you the bad things to bum you out but rather to explain there is a real reason why it's not ready for prime time yet. The screen is bright and nice and at times the device was really quick when doing some actions but other times showed it's a beta and chugged a bit. Overall if you like the portrait slider form factor you'll not find a nicer example today or in 6 months from now. I am definitely going to get it.

TouchPad
    I only was able to see someone else demo this. It Looked better in person then the pictures I saw on the web. Apps looked nice and scrolled quickly
    Nice read
    Meh, it's not the same thickness as the iphone4, it's almost twice as thick, which is why I wanted a slab, not a physical keyboard!
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Meh, it's not the same thickness as the iphone4, it's almost twice as thick, which is why I wanted a slab, not a physical keyboard!
    I guess I didn't specify that I was talking about a iPhone 3 but it's almost half as thick as the iPhone 3 when opened up and slightly thinner then the iPhone 4. It's a until you felt it in your hands you wouldn't understand it kinda thing.

Plus I kinda think they are going to come out with a slab later based on some insider talks I had. There is a specific reason why there is no slab... Yet.
    Thanks for wagging your superior position in the community, or just your ability to have the money/free time to go to these events.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I guess I didn't specify that I was talking about a iPhone 3 but it's almost half as thick as the iPhone 3 when opened up and slightly thinner then the iPhone 4. It's a until you felt it in your hands you wouldn't understand it kinda thing.
    Not to rain on the parade, but half as thick when opened, except the part where the two halves of the phone overlap....

Besides, who cares about thickness when opened. When it's closed and thicker and you are trying to fit it in your pocket, that's when thickness becomes an issue.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    but... is... there... OREO?!?!?

Also, 'cute girl' surrounded by 'hot girls'? Cute girl every time. Come on.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for wagging your superior position in the community, or just your ability to have the money/free time to go to these events.
    I don't find those comments particularly nice or respectful especially coming from someone with "Zen" for their username and a pic of a Buddha for their avatar.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I don't find those comments particularly nice or respectful coming from someone with "Zen" for their username and a pic of a Buddha for their avatar.
    Yeah, not cool. I guess everybody's kind of ****ed today though. Thanks for sharing.
    I don't find those comments particularly nice or respectful especially coming from someone with "Zen" for their username and a pic of a Buddha for their avatar.
    And now you're type-casting. :P

And it's not Buddha, I wouldn't be that disrespectful of another religion. It's just a generic monk.
  11.    #11  
    I'm sorry some people are in a bad mood today. I honestly just wanted to share with those who couldn't attend the event today and give them a man on the street impression. I'm sure more impressions will flood in from others that attended and they will differ from mine but here's my data point. Take from it what you will but don't attack the messenger.

It's been a long day.

Good Night All
    The fact that the OS is like a new beta let's me out - not gonna be an early adopter again after the experience with the original Pre.

Guess I'll go to the dark side - where useful apps are plentiful and you know what and when you're getting hardware-wise. Too bad.
    Plus I kinda think they are going to come out with a slab later based on some insider talks I had. There is a specific reason why there is no slab... Yet.
    In coming months...

doesnt matter tho...many will be gone by then i think.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I'm sorry some people are in a bad mood today. I honestly just wanted to share with those who couldn't attend the event today and give them a man on the street impression. I'm sure more impressions will flood in from others that attended and they will differ from mine but here's my data point. Take from it what you will but don't attack the messenger.

It's been a long day.

Good Night All
    Thanks for the point of view!
    Thanks for wagging your butthurt