Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    HP is taking over, and they're taking their time. You cannot be serious about a spectacular relaunch, trying to put webOS on the map, and have release dates that far into the future for your main attractions .
    Agreed.

It is this that makes me think it has to do with carrier negotiations.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    Agreed.

It is this that makes me think it has to do with carrier negotiations.
    this definitely wreaks of carrier negotiation issues... I'm sure HP would love to beat the next wave of iphones and android devices to market, but the carriers don't seem to interested in helping them. case and point, the Pre2 just now becoming available for preorder on verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Could be, but one of the hands-on Pre 3 reviews revealed beta software.
    Specific default webOS apps were just not finished at all.

THAT'S no good.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    The event that just transpired, should have been held off for a few more weeks/months.
    If they are trying to build anticipation in the market place they better be ready to spend some big dollars on an extremely slick marketing idea. I dont see that happening. If as you say Mr. Happy, that it is likely carrier negotiations, again, the event yesterday should have been held off.
    I am in marketing, consumers are buried in a New this New that hourly. it is a real problem trying to get something recognized for more than a New York minute. With items in the past, ie flash etc not showing up on our phones, Apple, Android, BB, etc etc can and will destroy the new products before they hit the shelves. Hmmmm here is a projected line,,, Apple ... hmmmm didnt they promise you flash,, hmmm didnt they promise you seamless updates,,,, etc etc.. Why would you go to a Pre XX for broken promises, you work hard for your money, get what you want NOW, no broken promises... you get the picture.. Not to mention, if they had done this even in say June, and released the next month taddddaaaa slam dunk.. Frankly, as to carrier negotiations, with the issues of legacy hardware, HP/Palm should be giving all the carriers anything they want..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12