Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I love my Palm Pre 2 and certainly will buy the bigger and better HP Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthemPixi View Post
    ..If you like the tablet the Veer makes perfect sense as the data throughput. I can see deals with both devices for a single price, a single contract and a single data account.
    I don't want a tablet on a contract, because I don't want a 3/4G tablet. I just want a WiFi tablet that I can buy at Best Buy. No need for a 3/4G tablet when my Pre+ has Mobile Hotspot.
    I think comparing the Pre to Hyndai is quite a stretch for many reasons. First of all, Hyndai is a car manufacturer. If anything, you should be comparing either product to product, or brand to brand. Really, what you should be comparing is Hyndai and HP or Hyndai and Palm. Both HP and Palm have great reputations with major followings. Palm is know for their innovation with handheld devices. When you hear the acronym PDA, almost everyone thinks Palm. HP is known for technology innovation across the board. Printers, handheld devices, PCs, Laptops, Monitors...the list goes on and on. So, both of these companies have a very strong reputation.

Lets face it, the original Pre didn't sell. Yes, there were lines on launch day, but movement of the product was limited for many reasons. There are still Pre-faithful. That is apparent by the activity on these forums. These users see the utility of webOS and will look past the old failed Pre. The other general phone buyers that you reference are likely to have no previous experience with the Pre. They may vaguely remember it coming out, but they certainly won't have the knowledge that most of the users on this forum have regarding how the device performed. Most user will see a new product, mess around with it in the store, listen to the sales pitch from the salesmen, and make a decision based off of their judgement on the spot.

I think HP has nothing to be worried about regarding the branding of their new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    I think comparing the Pre to Hyndai is quite a stretch for many reasons. First of all, Hyndai is a car manufacturer. If anything, you should be comparing either product to product, or brand to brand. Really, what you should be comparing is Hyndai and HP or Hyndai and Palm...
    Did you know that Hyundai actually made computers at one time?

That said, this thread is still pretty much solely dependent on the OP's market savvy. Some may think it's relevant, I do not.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Did you know that Hyundai actually made computers at one time?

That said, this thread is still pretty much solely dependent on the OP's market savvy. Some may think it's relevant, I do not.
    <closed>
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234