Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My friends I was hoping for something that would wow me like the Evo did and I made the change. Android is garbage and I had been waiting on news for a power and big device from HP. This is sad though really sad. The specs on this thing is already a year behind the competition maybe 2 years. This will make no impact because it is not "hot"..Its the same old Palm strategy. Release the same product over and over again like the Treo.

I was really hoping for something new from these guys but this is a fail. 800x400 screen resolution??? LMAO

Ill be getting the tablet but screw the phone..Just hope bot are not needed to operate perfectly
    and we won't even see this for another 6 months... lol tablet? thanksgiving?
    Also when hp says summer release who knows they lie all the time. The original pre still hasn't got flash. New hardware was supposed to be released in weeks not months. Google's android is afar better platform and they are the true innovators forget palm it's over and its sad.
    If you're not impressed with the Pre 3, there are no specs that will impress you, you're just looking for a reason to whine.
  5.    #5  
    I havn't looked at the Tablet release yet havn't had time but are you serious man??? Thanksgiving???
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Also when hp says summer release who knows they lie all the time. The original pre still hasn't got flash. New hardware was supposed to be released in weeks not months. Google's android is afar better platform and they are the true innovators forget palm it's over and its sad.
    I disagree I have the EVO and this fragmentation sucks and Android sucks compared to WEBOS.. Im just highly dissappointed!!!
    Ive said it in a few other threads. The products are not bad at all BUT they are almost outdated and underwhelming now . In 6-8 months no one will care as these will not seem new or hot . But atleast they will be good phones compared to the Pre. Just that HP needs something to atleast get some buzz . while they cant compete with Android or Iphone they atleast need to challenge blackberrys etc. Love the tablet and I think its a winner but the phones are a Fail of pretty epic proportions i guess. seems HP is sticking with the old Palm way of releasing things a year late . But for Pre owners these are major upgrades and they should be happy , well unless you have Sprint.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 02/09/2011 at 10:00 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    If you're not impressed with the Pre 3, there are no specs that will impress you, you're just looking for a reason to whine.
    3.5 inch screen, poor resolution, 5mp camera, garbage front facing camera??? This is something to whine about my friend...In a saturated markey your product must "wow" the general population.. THis product does not do that!!! Read the dissappointment!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Is it possible people were looking for a form factor change, major phone apps announced, and more of an ecosystem than Kindle?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Ive said it in a few other threads. The products are not bad at all BUT they are almost outdated and underwhelming now . In 6-8 months no one will care as these will not seem new or hot . But atleast they will be good phones compared to the Pre. Just that HP needs something to atleast get some buzz . while they cant compete with Android or Iphone they atleast need to challenge blackberrys etc. Love the tablet and I think its a winner but the phones are a Fail of pretty epic proportions i guess. seems HP is sticking with the old Palm way of releasing things a year late a.
    I agree but if the tablet doesn't come until winter im getting the copy OS of the "playbook"
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Is it possible people were looking for a form factor change, major phone apps announced, and more of an ecosystem than Kindle?
    Ditto!!!
    Absolutely.
    And, hell, even the specs aren't that impressive. LG is shipping a dual core phone as we speak. Motorola's about to ship their dual core phone that has twice the RAM of the Pre 3.
    Oh, I almost forgot....and some release dates?
    HP truly ****ED UP ROYALLY on ALL of these devices. NONE of these are anywhere NEAR a super phone. I'm truly disappointed in HP... The TouchPad looks like an iPad, and we all know thats a POS. NO EFFIN GESTURE AREA?!??!?! Are you KIDDING ME???? This is truly the farthest from what I expected, and I've officially lost my passion for this company.... truly, I cannot place into words how excruciatingly disappointed I am in these devices... To the point that I don't even want a smart phone anymore....

Like, really, I cannot place into words how upset I truly am...
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackspsych07 View Post
    HP truly ****ED UP ROYALLY on ALL of these devices. NONE of these are anywhere NEAR a super phone. I'm truly disappointed in HP... The TouchPad looks like an iPad, and we all know thats a POS. NO EFFIN GESTURE AREA?!??!?! Are you KIDDING ME???? This is truly the farthest from what I expected, and I've officially lost my passion for this company.... truly, I cannot place into words how excruciatingly disappointed I am in these devices... To the point that I don't even want a smart phone anymore....

Like, really, I cannot place into words how upset I truly am...

i agree!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    3.5 inch screen, poor resolution, 5mp camera, garbage front facing camera??? This is something to whine about my friend...In a saturated markey your product must "wow" the general population.. THis product does not do that!!! Read the dissappointment!!
    Explain why the resolution is a "fail."

As I state over and over, megapixels mean very, very little. You are simply trained to look for a numerical value to compare products by. The iPhone 4's camera (5 MP) is vastly superior to, basically, every camera on any smartphone thus far, regardless of if they are 7 MP or 8 MP. The only phone that beats it is the N8, which is because the N8 is basically a camera with a phone thrown in.

If the spec wars have progressed far enough to judge a product based on if the front facing camera (of all things) can record in 720p then yes, Palm deserves to lose. So does Apple. And HTC. And Motorola, and Samsung. Because that's just flat out stupid.
    I do not think that there is anything wrong with the specs - I was hoping for a different form factor and not just a bigger Pre but I would get one if it were available today. If I remember correctly, the announced specs exceeded all but a couple of the phones announced at CES a few weeks ago.

My big disappointment is the vague summer launch date with no carrier announced. It is kind of hard to get excited for something that you may not even have an option to purchase. I was also under the impression that the announced devices would be available within a few weeks after the product announcement.
    No thats too much common sense and the potrait slider is a great form factor. It differentiates itself from profitability.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Everything is relative. 3.6" and 800x480 is stunning for a portrait QWERTY keyboard slider. It handily trounces the BB Torch and Droid Pro in that regard. With the screen and keyboard size increases, the Pre 3 makes a very solid midrange phone.

That said, I still say that HP desperately needs a true flagship smartphone: 4" or larger screen, maybe a sliding landscape keyboard or a very good touchscreen KB implementation, 1GB of RAM and higher-than-800x480 resolution, please.

The specs that are most worrysome to me are the (again) likely undersized battery, lack of 32GB storage version and/or the continued absence of a microSD slot, and no forward-thinking connectivity options, such as HDMI out (via port or dock). I'm also kinda bummed to not see an LTE version or even a WiMax one for the long-suffering Spring Pre loyalists but I cannot say I'm surprised that they are sticking with the tried and tested CDMA 3G and HSPA+.

But the biggest FAIL is the horrifying delay from announcement to release. It killed the Pre 1 and it's gonna render this one DOA. If HP said "available tomorrow unlocked GSM at hp.com and March 1st from AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon stores" people would be rejoicing right now.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast