Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Man, how depressing was this moment from Ruby's part of the keynote today?

You look at the video for the whole event and fast forward to the 18:08 mark or so.

"....blah blah blah marketing talk. Meet the Pre 3!"

(silence, then a grumble from the audience)

"Yeah...come on!...Yeah!"

(Polite applause)
    Yeah it kinda was. But once they saw it in action, especially with the touchpad it was all applause and whistles.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Need to watch the trainwreck for myself, amazes me that they are going down the same path as two years ago.
    you noticed that as well.....terrible. When you make an announcement of a new flagship phone (like the iphone 5) people typically erupt with applause. Not for the pre3.

Noticed how people did erupt quite a bit for the touchpad. The touchpad is actually something new and got people excited. The pre3 is a pre that is 11mm longer.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Ruby is a spy for Jobs, Jobs excellent planning to bring Palm down and didnt expect HP to buy Palm, I also think Apple made bid to buy Palm, now Ruby has new objective from Jobs burn down HP. And at this rate he doing great job.
  6.    #6  
    No, the Touchpad got people excited, and deservedly so (based on the footage/demos in the keynote).

It was the lack of concrete info afterward regarding release date, pricing, apps, and terrible closeup demos that tempered that.

People regarded the Pre 3 with indifference from the jump. I can't be bothered to watch, but I wonder if Sprint got better applause for the Kyocera Echo.
    How could they release a phone without a compass not to mention HDMI out, a higher res screen, and DLNA support?

Utter and complete fail. If I didnt want to jump onto verizon (since sprint also has lost my loyalty) I would be getting an android phone this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    How could they release a phone without a compass not to mention HDMI out, a higher res screen, and DLNA support?

Utter and complete fail. If I didnt want to jump onto verizon (since sprint also has lost my loyalty) I would be getting an android phone this weekend.
    You must be talking about another phone. The Pre3 does have a compass, and the screen rez is 3 times that of the Pre and the same as the Droid 2, which isn't exactly a dinosaur.

And if more than 3% of Americans cared about HDMI out on a phone, I'd vomit from astonishment.
    Exactly, VCI_Cell. Some people don't bother to read, they just whine. The Pre 3 has the specs people want and more, it just comes in a package that initially looks like it's failed siblings. Guilty by association, until you actually check it out anyway.

Oh, and no offense mikah912, but you're just an Android ****** troll. I'm *shocked* you're trying to drum up as much negative press as you can about the Pre 3. :roll:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Exactly, VCI_Cell. Some people don't bother to read, they just whine. The Pre 3 has the specs people want and more, it just comes in a package that initially looks like it's failed siblings. Guilty by association, until you actually check it out anyway.

Oh, and no offense mikah912, but you're just an Android ****** troll. I'm *shocked* you're trying to drum up as much negative press as you can about the Pre 3. :roll:
    Yeah, I guess I flew out to SF this morning, snuck in, and put gags on virtually everyone in attendance when the Pre 3 was revealed, then removed them for the Touchpad (which I say deserved the great reaction it got), eh?
    Come on, we all know the media was there for the webOS tablet, they gave a damn about the webOS phones.
    Yeah folks were somewhat uniumpressed it seems with the Pre 3. But they like the touchpad so thats a win.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah folks were somewhat uniumpressed it seems with the Pre 3. But they like the touchpad so thats a win.
    For the press, yes. For the consumer, not as much. It's not like there are tablet OSes setting the market on fire that don't have a super successful phone OS and buttload of developers already working on it to fuel it.

I hope HP isn't trying to be the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I flew out to SF this morning, snuck in, and put gags on virtually everyone in attendance when the Pre 3 was revealed, then removed them for the Touchpad (which I say deserved the great reaction it got), eh?

wicked burn.

since this IS abdout the pr3 (how I think they should market it)... will the lack of a gyroscope prevent us from getting apps like layar? I know it has a compass...
    I think the PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $great$ $potential$.

I just want to know when it's available.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post

Why is it so difficult to have a debate, and not use personal insults?
  17.    #17  
    Layar - AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $only$ $needs$ $a$ $camera$, $GPS$, $and$ $a$ $compass$.

Well, that, and a healthy platform that is worth moving toward with full APIs available.
    Define "a healthy platform". A healthy platform such as?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    Define "a healthy platform". A healthy platform such as?
    ...One of the two that Layar is currently on?
    I think the problem with the reveal of the Pre 3 was that it was hard to judge the size of the phone at first when Ruby pulled it out of his pocket. Once the specs were announced, I was satisfied the upgrades.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast