1.    #1  
    Dear Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

At this time, neither Sprint nor HP have announced plans to release the
    HP Pre 3 or the HP Touchpad devices on the Sprint network. This does
    not necessarily mean that Sprint will not receive these devices, only
    that plans have not been made public yet. For updated information about
    what devices Sprint is currently offering, and what will be offered in
    the future, please visit Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
    concerns. Visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey R.
    Sprint
  2.    #2  
    What do you guys think about this?
    I think that it is a typical PRPRPR $response$.

"We can neither confirm nor deny anything at this time."
  4.    #4  
    How right you are, dont you love PRPRPR
    Dieter said that he got a confirm on both sides of the coast that there is a webOS phone coming to Sprint-- that corporate customers were being told by Sprint that Sprint would have both a phone and the pad (see link below). I think he thought it was the "teen phone", based on his comments last night in the podcast. But if the Veer is GSM, that leaves Pre 3 for Sprint, which frankly makes more sense.

http://www.precentral.net/new-palm-d...-headed-sprint

Edit: don't know why this has to be hush-hush, if you can tell corporate customers, you can certainly tell consumers.

Edit: ps, suggested to Dieter in thread below that we have a conf call or skype call. And then precentral conveys that call as one voice to the HP powers that be. They made a mistake in not treating us as a community and reaching out to us pro-actively for a solution to the update problem.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...community.html
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/09/2011 at 07:32 PM.
  6.    #6  
    I hope that is true and hope the pad comes to Sprint as well, will be getting both if they come, I just dont understand what is HP or Sprint waiting for. Come out make statement these products are coming to Sprint on this day, go to this site and pre-order. Simple and clean.
    Just PRPRPR $Babble$. $If$ $you$ $Email$ $Tmobile$ $you$ $would$ $get$ $something$ $similar$ $pretty$ $much$.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I hope that is true and hope the pad comes to Sprint as well, will be getting both if they come, I just dont understand what is HP or Sprint waiting for. Come out make statement these products are coming to Sprint on this day, go to this site and pre-order. Simple and clean.
    Agreed, you say it well.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you,
    How about this, Announce it is coming to Sprint exclusively, Sprint should come out and make commercial and say if you bring in any iPhone or Android device you get additional 150 off the pre or the tab, and 200 off if you get both, then turn around and sell the android or iphone back to the manufacturer. Win win for Sprint.
    Sprint is probally the top Andoid phone seller ( especially now with Verizon in bed with Iphone) they would never do that and <<deleted by mod>> Android. Ofcourse I dont think you were serious and its not a terrible idea. just no way in heck would sprint <<deleted by mod>> Andoid.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 07:19 PM.
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may actually skip my 30 day opportunity to get my early upgrade (going away with the new SP program changes) and see what comes down the pike over the next few months. I just don't see how other carriers aren't $30 or $40 more per month than Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    What do you guys think about this?
    Standard canned response.
    No offence guys but HP can't even tell you a price point or release date so what makes you think that Sprint has any idea if they're going to carry it?
    So if you got

AT&T all about the Iphone
    Sprint all about Android
    Now Vreizon in bed with the Iphone

what is HP to do. lol
    this is like a kinda monopoly.
    Poor HP has no Carriers to sale the phone
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    A few weeks ago I visited a Sprint store with a friend looking for accessories for her EVO. The sales rep checked my plan, and when he saw I have an original Pre and am a Premier customer he told me he'd seen a demo of a new Pre that was coming in the first half of the year, but that he wasn't supposed to discuss it yet. He was only telling me, he said, because he didn't want me to switch to get the Pre 2.

For whatever that's worth.
    Sprint will carry the phone.

I just talked to a customer service rep who confirmed it. The articles here have also said as much.

It's not a question of "if" it's a question of when.

The rep I talked to said probably in the summer.

June?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    So if you got

AT&T all about the Iphone
    Sprint all about Android
    Now Vreizon in bed with the Iphone

what is HP to do. lol
    this is like a kinda monopoly.
    Poor HP has no Carriers to sale the phone
    T-Mobile! It's actually a pretty decent network...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    T-Mobile! It's actually a pretty decent network...
    t-mobile is pure android lol
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I would imagine that HP will also be offering these devices unlocked from their site. They almost have to in order to generate some buzz. Once people see these things in action, they'll start to sell big time. They also need to get the market beefed up, especially with more free apps. That's one of the things that makes Android so appealing over iphone to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    t-mobile is pure android lol
    Nah, they have WP7 too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast