Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Nah, they have WP7 too.
    Yeah and both developer phones for Android...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Yeah and both developer phones for Android...
    And hopefully the rumored HTC "Pyramid"! Looking forward to that phone...

Anyway, I still think Tmo would be a good place for some new webOS devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    And hopefully the rumored HTC "Pyramid"! Looking forward to that phone...

Anyway, I still think Tmo would be a good place for some new webOS devices...
    I appreciate your optimism but I don't think anything will be a good place for the Veer or Pre 3.

That form factor has to go.
    It failed.
    I'm sorry but that's the reality of it.
  4.    #24  
    I dont think the form factor is failed I think HP is following a winning formula ( Apple )
    Apple didnt change the iphone look for like what 3 yrs, I just hope the slider holds up better the original Pre. I knew HP would release the same phone look was also hoping for a slab thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I dont think the form factor is failed I think HP is following a winning formula ( Apple )
    Apple didnt change the iphone look for like what 3 yrs, I just hope the slider holds up better the original Pre. I knew HP would release the same phone look was also hoping for a slab thats all.
    But the original iphone and second iphone weren't complete failures.
    I hope that is true and hope the pad comes to Sprint as well, will be getting both if they come, I just dont understand what is HP or Sprint waiting for. Come out make statement these products are coming to Sprint on this day, go to this site and pre-order. Simple and clean.
    if they come out now and say that the devices are coming to Sprint, how mad do you think everyone will be that they cant get the devices NOW and have to wait another 5 months....

but for ME personally i would at least like to know ahead of time that they ARE in fact coming. i wouldn't get upset like most that I've seen around here.
  7.    #27  
    No they were not, HP and many others see Apple success and want to copy it that is why HP not changing form factor. HP can only add 1 more phone factor the 4" slab and thats it.
    No they were not, HP and many others see Apple success and want to copy it that is why HP not changing form factor. HP can only add 1 more phone factor the 4" slab and thats it.
    So because they want to copy the success of Apple they think continually using the same failed design is going to produce that?
    No...that's silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    Sprint will carry the phone.

I just talked to a customer service rep who confirmed it. The articles here have also said as much.

It's not a question of "if" it's a question of when.

The rep I talked to said probably in the summer.

June?
    It would make sense and no sense that the Pre 3 would release in June 2011. Going up against iPhone 5. Maybe iPhone 5 on ATT and Verizon. If you'd want to test HP vs Apple, thats the month to do it.

But it makes no sense because I am not sure how the Pre 3 will stack up against the iPhone 5 (especially if it comes arms swinging and has dual core A9 processor ...) So we shall see I guess.

But I hope it comes to Sprint because I want the Pre 3.

I appreciate your optimism but I don't think anything will be a good place for the Veer or Pre 3.

That form factor has to go.
    It failed.
    I'm sorry but that's the reality of it.
    This is a different form factor. It's similar, it still has a portrait slider, but it has the same size screen as the iPhone. Last time I checked, they both have 2.5 inch screen. Apple - iPhone 4 - Size, weight, battery life, and other specs The biggest thing people didn't like was not the form factor but the small screen and small keyboard. That was fixed with the larger device. So they fixed the two wrong things and ready to fight.

But the original iphone and second iphone weren't complete failures.
    The Pre 2 might still do well in Amercia, who knows. I kinda doubt because Verizon reps are going to sell the iPhone and Droid before a Palm Pre 2. So we just simply don't know what is going to happen just yet.

I just want the Pre 3 to come to Sprint though.
  10.    #30  
    I think the slab something likes of the EVO would be better going up against iPhone 5, this form factor kind of grew on me and now I like it, I had the EVO and sold it to come back to the Pre, hope it was not mistake.
    Sprint is too busy with the echo release, hahaha.
    I wonder what's being negotiated with regard to officially committing to a release dates with the various carriers.

It's clear that their will be some GSM and CDMA PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$ $and$ $only$ $GSM$ $Veer$.

I wonder who's getting what for what and who get's what time.

Or is it about getting inventory?
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    No offence guys but HP can't even tell you a price point or release date so what makes you think that Sprint has any idea if they're going to carry it?
    I suspect that HP can't tell you a price point or a release date because they are desperately trying to talk a carrier into offering their wares.
    I think you're right.

The long release date is all about getting the carrier issue sorted out.

It makes the most sense.

The rep I spoke with assured me that Sprint would get the PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $that$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $Wi$-$Maxx$ $compatible$.

I know, I know, reps know nothing, but that is what he told me.

If what he said is wrong and Sprint does elect to pass on the PrPrPr&#$275$; $I$ $hope$ $HP$ $offers$ $an$ $unlocked$ $CDMA$ $so$ $folks$ $can$ $use$ $Sprint$ $if$ $they$ $want$.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    I got a canned response from Sprint telling me they don't carry it, and I should watch the news to see what they will be carrying, or something along those lines.

I, too, am sort of hoping for an unlocked CDMA phone. Or better yet, and unlocked worldphone, that does both CDMA and GSM. It's probably just a typo, but the description on HP's website suggests that what they have.

But I might just give up and get something on Virgin, or an Android on Sprint, or even a Pre 2 on AT&T.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12