Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not happy with the hype and dashed expectations, but we really did get a solid update to our phones and a respectable pad. HP was faced with refreshing the software, adding multiple form factors, and developing accessories all while integrating a brand-new company into their corporate culture.

Anyone working in Silicon Valley knows that this is no small feat. It looks as if they have solved most of the Pre's deficiencies and made a solid entry into the tablet space. They have a plan to build out their ecosystem corporate-focused first. That is probably appropriate for a company like HP. Whether it will work, in a consumer driven market, remains to be seen.

Even my biggest gripe, the lack of 4G, may make sense given the need for extended battery life and support of a much stronger processor.

Congratulations to HP for charting a different course and attempting to build a great new ecosystem. Your execution has been seriously flawed and I hope for the sake of Palm loyalists you find a way to succeed. I would gladly come back to Palm, er HP, if you get developers on board and have a compelling ecosystem when my next upgrade time comes around.

Until then, I'm joining the crowd and getting an iPad 2 and iPhone 5 (if it can be used as a 4G hotspot). I'll wait for the pad and use my Pre (minus) until the iPhone 5 is released.
    I wouldn't count on the iPhone 5 having 3G any faster than HP/Palm. Knowing Apple, they'll wait for 4G to be far more ubiquitous than it is at present.
    Its something . I dont think people should be uspset. they are not terrible phones I just think people expected more.
    They pulled an Apple, in that the hype was so insanely great that they simply couldn't meet it totally.

But, like you say, the phones look like the best we've ever seen by a long shot, and the TouchPad looks very nice.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I think HP played it safe. Fixed all of the complaints about the original pre. That's great and is appreciated, but the market is different and there are other form factors that are very popular. The Pre 3 appears to be good phone. Add a different form factor like a slab phone and make a more well-rounded line-up and I think there would be much less complaining.
    I believe that had we got a release date within the next month (or even the next two months) instead of some vague "summer" date most of us here would be jumping for joy instead of complaining.
    I'm sorry but how much longer are you guys going to excuse and defend this?

You guys have been doing that since the release of the original Pre.

I know you love WebOS, I did, but it's time to move on guys.
    Seriously.

At least from a phone aspect.
    I have no problem with Pre 3 or HP products the only problem is the carrier.
    I like the tablet and I'm getting one. Just wish they made a slab with no keyboard. Have no use for it. So I will have to miss out on the cool touch thing demo'd. Maybe someone will make it work with iOS LOL
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I wouldn't count on the iPhone 5 having 3G any faster than HP/Palm. Knowing Apple, they'll wait for 4G to be far more ubiquitous than it is at present.
    You may be correct, but Apple is unnecessarily losing potential customers in the markets where 4G is working fine. Also, I bet there is great overlap with 4G coverage and high concentrations of iPhone/iPad users already.

Heck, Apple employees can't even use 4G. At some point, that is going to grate on them. I think they'll launch when AT&T is ready. Remember, it'll work on 3G, so there is no loss for having the capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm sorry but how much longer are you guys going to excuse and defend this?

You guys have been doing that since the release of the original Pre.

I know you love WebOS, I did, but it's time to move on guys.
    Seriously.

At least from a phone aspect.
    Then move on. . . I'm happy with my current Pre.

ET
  12.    #12  
    One thing I think everyone needs to do is be realistic about what apps they need and want and how long they're willing to wait for app development. If the Pre3 does everything you need, it doesn't matter that app development is slow or non-existent.

Interesting, Apple used to where the same shoes when they got no app development and had to wait for Windows developers to port their stuff. Looks like they've learned.
    I don't understand why people are upset? It has a 3.6in screen twice the resolution as the pre 2, 5mp camera with autofocus image stabilization and flash, compass, 16gigs of space, wifi b/g/n, and a smoking 1.4ghz proccesor! Plus webOS 2.1! Only thing it's missing is 4g maybe. I can't wait till this hits verizon!! It can hang with the big boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Then move on. . . I'm happy with my current Pre.

ET
    I did in August to the Evo.
    This event was my last hope for WebOS.
    Failed.

Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    and a smoking 1.4ghz proccesor!
    Dude...clock speed is irrelevant.
    The Pre 3 can hang with the big boys and is a good phone but it needed to come out now/soon . Not summer . by then in the Phone World they will seem old . Again sad but true. the Evo seemed old 1 month after it was released. If your playing catchup like HP you need to get the latest and greatest out NOW . Thats the problem with the Treos. they were always 6 months behind ( they still had anteneas for crying out loud) .
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I don't understand why people are upset? It has a 3.6in screen twice the resolution as the pre 2, 5mp camera with autofocus image stabilization and flash, compass, 16gigs of space, wifi b/g/n, and a smoking 1.4ghz proccesor! Plus webOS 2.1! Only thing it's missing is 4g maybe. I can't wait till this hits verizon!! It can hang with the big boys.
    The spec sheet is fine except the 4G. The problem is this is evolutionary. Evolutionary will not surpass Apple or Android. The pace of development is too slow. Those specs will be in every Android device that launches at the same time and there will be dozens. Those specs won't be better than Apple's announced iPhone 5.

When you're in last place, you can't win running the same speed as your competitors.

The Pre was revolutionary. Buggy and not well executed, but revolutionary. Because of issues at launch and the Android Armada, it landed like a pebble in the ocean. Evolution usually follows the revolution. HP doesn't have that luxury. It's like if RIM announced a Blackberry with a better keyboard. Who cares except Blackberry users (of which there are many more than WebOS)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I did in A

Dude...clock speed is irrelevant.
    tell that to my pre plus that crawls at 500mhz and flys at 1ghz.
    I'm fine with the specs of the Pre 3. But without a more solid date (and a sooner date), and a carrier announcement, it's pretty close to meaningless for me.

They really dropped the ball by not being able to deliver these devices within a month of this event with pricing and carrier announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    The Pre was revolutionary.
    So was the south. Didn't help them win the war. Revolutionary doesn't always equate to wanted. WebOs may be in fact technically better, but who cares if no one wants it. Cards? Stacks? Those are only something a Palm fan would care deeply about. However, it may just be that the combo of Pre 3 plus tablet will give the one two punch.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Its something . I dont think people should be uspset. they are not terrible phones I just think people expected more.
    I don;t think anyone is upset about the device (except a few) I think most people are upset the lack of knowledge shared and the lies that have become more possible. If 2.x doesn't make it to old devices, their promise of "coming months" was a lie. And if Sprint is still without a device some people will be stuck in a contract. So add the 2 and you get a palm ******/girl stuck on a unsupported device in a contract. Maybe can upgrade but most just want webOS. There lies the anger which is really just frustration
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast