Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 182
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    and to the poll where over 50 =ercent of people said they were done with webos, I guarantee that won't happen. I was one of those people earlier in the day, but it was just my initial frustrations, once I let myself calm down and look up more spec and watch some videos I'm pretty stoked, and I'm sure alot of other people have done the same thing.
    I'm not terribly surprised. There was so much emotion and overreaction and crap today. Once people get their heads on some will come back. Of course, some will move on to other platforms but as long as they're doing it with a sober head instead of ragequitting like it's some kind of video game, then whatever works I guess.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I'm not terribly surprised. There was so much emotion and overreaction and crap today. Once people get their heads on some will come back. Of course, some will move on to other platforms but as long as they're doing it with a sober head instead of ragequitting like it's some kind of video game, then whatever works I guess.
    I wont be back....ive been waiting for the Evo 2 for months....(stupid evo shift was not what i wanted). Ive had plans on leaving since october, and i have 4 friends who have already left for android as well.

    Community support is breaking up. I guess all HPs money and size couldnt keep them together.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    What in the world?

    Listen...with that last ridiculous rewording of what I'm saying.... I'm done.

    You guys can continue to try to drill my comments down all you want. [Hey, I got banned once for doing that but it's ok because you're defending precious webos and I wasn't]

    That fact of the matter is this:

    -The Pre 3 isn't as impressive as you guys are trying to make it out to be.

    -Reviewers are rarely spot on with their comments.

    This whole venture is likely to lead to the END of WebOS smartphones and continue on with Tablets.

    The Tablet they released is generally impressive, the phones are not.

    You will see in time.

    Enjoy your nights.
    I am just merely trying to show you that we maybe happy with the device but you are pointing at stuff that just is not true.

    For instance, are you saying that the processor that is in the Pre 3 is worse then the processor in the Evo SHIFT 4G? Which is the same processor? Did HTC do some magical work and actually changed the specs of the processor? Did HP undo some goodness that Qualcomm specially created for the Evo SHIFT?

    Thats what I don't get. You keep saying that he puts so much stock in the speed of the processor but you completely ignore what he is saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    And you put too much stock in clock speed.
    Just so you know.
    Way too much stock in it.
    Anyway, I have stuff to do.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Again, you didn't even answer his question. Why is it that Moto BIONIC is a top of the line phone with only 512mb of ram, when the Pre 3 has the same amount? Is it because it has a Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor, ULP GeForce GPU (aka Tegra 2)? Yes, that is a powerful processor. But then again SO is the Snapdragon processor. Most users are not going to care about dual or single core processor. What they are going to care about is what they can do with the phone. Can they have the apps they want and need? Can they email? Web? Video and music? Those are the check list of most people. Then comes specs. But MOST people don't know anything about specs and only care about what the phone can do.

    Point to a singel thread of evidence that the processor in the Pre 3 is weak and under powered. Show me an editorial or a press sheet saying that it can not have powerful apps, that it can't multi task, that the graphics will not be good. If you can do that -- then you have proven your point.

    Truth is, no one here knows how powerful the processor in either phone is until the device is in our hands and we get to test it out. (Well, if someone from HP is in this form THEY would know how powerful it is haha).

    And at the end of the day, the Pre 3 still is not a super phone. It does not have a compass (I don't care about it, but somone once told me super phones have a compass so yea ...) And I am sure there are a list of other features missing from the Pre 3.

    However, I do not need nor want those features. Minus the 4G feature. I want that (it's coming in my area soon and I want to try it!). Besides that feature, the Pre 3 is perfect fit for my needs. I don't need the Tegra 2 processor. Obliviously you do, since you want one. And thats fine.

    Most of the reaction here today is because they didn't get exactly what they wanted. They wanted a slab device. I wanted the devices made by Virox and if you look at those designs, we pretty much got what he showed us. I mean spot on. OK, he was wrong about a few specs but it is pretty much the same device -- especially when you just compare the look.

    Oh, and look, he was third. One slab phone beat him and the next was not a slab phone (the actual winner). I think as time passes, the WebOS Community will begin to love the Pre 3. Unless it doesn't come to Sprint. Then HP is in trouble.

    EDIT: To prove our point (and your point) looke at this: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/09/h...irst-hands-on/ Veer is fast! OMG it's impossible! It has 800 MHZ processorz!?!

    Ok, that was over the top. No one is saying her a 800 MGHZ processor is not fast. What we are saying is, if we can see what this 800mghz can do -- isn't it fair to say that this same processor with more power behind it, would equal a better, more powerful device?
    Last edited by astraith; 02/10/2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: more info
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Ah, I wasn't sure if you were talking from a consumer or business viewpoint. I can definitely see what you mean. I'm beginning to wonder, myself... I've been hanging out 6 months for a tablet.

    Unfortunately, if everyone checks in after their iphone 5, they may be no webos left because noone bought it. Not that I'd blame anyone. It'd just... be a shame.
    That's why I've been saying despite the fact it's unfair, HP needed a game changer. They didn't deliver so they've lost the consumer market for now. They will try to build from a corporate base and we'll see.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    That's why I've been saying despite the fact it's unfair, HP needed a game changer. They didn't deliver so they've lost the consumer market for now. They will try to build from a corporate base and we'll see.
    That IS FAIR and TRUE. The Pre 3 IS NOT a game changer. But it is not a under powered, last year tech phone. It's also no super phone.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    That IS FAIR and TRUE. The Pre 3 IS NOT a game changer. But it is not a under powered, last year tech phone. It's also no super phone.
    yes agreed. it's a phone that is a major improvement over the pre2.

    and that's all i ever really wanted.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    and that's all i ever really wanted.
    And if what you wanted is what everyone else wanted then WebOS would be successful...too bad that's not reality eh?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    And two people liked this?

    Wow, you guys are something special. And that's not a positive thing.[/COLOR]

    the reason i liked this is because all the man was trying to say was a single core processor, with ALL the variations taken into consideration, power, battery life, optimization of the OS, cost, to name a few, can still hold up next to dual core processors of the like. I'm not saying its gonna blow the dual cores out of the water, but i believe when it comes down to actually USING the device, its all about what makes the device run as best as it can.

    that's it. no reason to insult us.

    My personal computer is a gaming rig i built. It has an Intel Core i7 cpu thats overclocked to 3.8 Ghz, on air, stable.

    I know a thing or two about cpu's, desktop and mobile.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You're gonna try to suggest that dual-cores won't run any single core out of the room?

    And two people liked this?

    Wow, you guys are something special. And that's not a positive thing.


    By the way, the core in the Pre 3 looks to just be an overclocked version of the MSM8655.

    Snapdragon (System on Chip) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Same core as the HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution
    Are you suggesting that single-threaded applications will somehow run faster on a dual core processor than a single core processor? Android is Linux based and it can handle applications which are optimized for multiple cores, but unless the applications are coded to take advantage of multiple cores, the performance of a single core 1.4GHz processor will destroy a dual core 1.0GHz processor, all other things being equal. That is an indisputable FACT.

    The major question is how many smart phone applications are designed to take advantage of dual core processors? My guess? Very few. In that case, the times when a dual core phone (none of which are available right now on pre-order or otherwise) will really shine are substantially reduced. Multi-tasking is definitely an area where dual core is superior on an equal clock basis, but Froyo's multitasking experience is not as good as webOS's.

    Even after deciding whether or not an application is coded in such a way that it can benefit from multiple cores, every time you split the programming up for an additional core, you lose efficiency. A 2x 1.0GHz dual core setup will almost never be as fast as a 2.0GHz single core setup all other things being the same.
  10. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #130  
    From reading the review of the LG Optimus 2x, the Tegra 2 is adding any real value to the phone now... but once Android is optimized for dual-core, I am sure there will be benefits for applications such as games. Why do core applications like email need dual core? My desktop is quad-core. The only time the cores are even challenged is when I render video.

    Here's the review: LG Optimus 2X review -- Engadget

    I still think that the Pre3 fixed all of the complaints about the original Pre. What I don't understand is releasing the Pre2 to Verizon with the Pre3 looming (and on the same day that iPhone 4 becomes available. People may not even notice the Pre2 on Verizon due to the iPhone 4.)

    It's doesn't seem to be a bad phone. Just not what many people were hoping for/dreaming of...
  11. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #131  
    dupe post. donno how that happened.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    I wont be back....ive been waiting for the Evo 2 for months....(stupid evo shift was not what i wanted). Ive had plans on leaving since october, and i have 4 friends who have already left for android as well.

    Community support is breaking up. I guess all HPs money and size couldnt keep them together.
    Nothing has broke up ha ha ! 50% of the posters in this forum right now probably are not even true palm loyalists and alot are just spammers lol look at their post counts and see if they have even been here posting and helping the community . Then go check all their previous posts and see if all they do is hate !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. rahrah12's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #133  
    I feel like I have to get the touchpad and the Pre3 just to really be able to enjoy it...HP is banking on that which is a huge gamble.

    I have a Macbook so I was leaning IPad2...but the Pre3 didn't WOW me enough to really want it. I do feel better about it today then I did yesterday after seeing more pics about which help to show how much larger it is.

    I felt like WebOS was innovative when released...I feel like Pre3 is simply putting itself on par with the other phones. Summer release is just bad.

    Touchpad looked really nice though. I hope that we are given some other options to look at for WebOS phones.

    Are the Touchpad and Pre3 even releasing together?
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Don't know how many times you have to be told that YOU do NOT dictate who can/should be here.

    Many of the few hundred here are happy, you're right about that.
    really now? and would you care to share, just exactly how many times you've told him??? My count is ZERO. Borderline 5 year old material there. It looks to me your sole purpose for hanging around here is to get people riled up, so you've been reported......if you would have left this last post out, it may not have, but you offered a challenge, and I took you up on it.. Have yourself a great day
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  15. djmcgee's Avatar
    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    They pulled an Apple, in that the hype was so insanely great that they simply couldn't meet it totally.

    But, like you say, the phones look like the best we've ever seen by a long shot, and the TouchPad looks very nice.
    I think we built up the hype, not HP. I think we raised our own expectations.

    The real disappointment is the 2.x news for - and + phones and leaving the Pre2 high and dry before even hitting Verizon.
    Dan
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Nothing has broke up ha ha ! 50% of the posters in this forum right now probably are not even true palm loyalists and alot are just spammers lol look at their post counts and see if they have even been here posting and helping the community . Then go check all their previous posts and see if all they do is hate !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Why does a poster have to be a Loyalist. I have been a palm fan I convinced two or three friends to get Palm Pre's back in the day. I still have my original Pre but I moved on to the EVO when my upgrade was available because Palm had nothing for me anymore. My palm was outdated and the apps I needed and wanted were not available. Blind loyalty to any brand is stupid.
    Not saying everyone should be trolling but reasonable dissent is not necessarily the sign of a Troll. Now if I came in here and said " LULZ PALM SUCKS APPLE Rulez" etc I would be a troll but someone who has genuine concern with the direction palm/hp has taken should not be labeled as not a true palm fan or troll.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    yes agreed. it's a phone that is a major improvement over the pre2.

    and that's all i ever really wanted.
    Amen!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Don't know how many times you have to be told that YOU do NOT dictate who can/should be here.

    Many of the few hundred here are happy, you're right about that.
    The majoritiy of customers who is a target audience for HP does not know the HP Pre 3 exists yet. Right now, it's the tech world that knows about the Pre 3. Once the phone is released we will see how good it does. The only problem I see is it's name. Re branding the Pre 3 to HP was not the smartest move. But we shall see if the Pre 3 does well or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    From reading the review of the LG Optimus 2x, the Tegra 2 is adding any real value to the phone now... but once Android is optimized for dual-core, I am sure there will be benefits for applications such as games. Why do core applications like email need dual core? My desktop is quad-core. The only time the cores are even challenged is when I render video.

    Here's the review: LG Optimus 2X review -- Engadget

    I still think that the Pre3 fixed all of the complaints about the original Pre. What I don't understand is releasing the Pre2 to Verizon with the Pre3 looming (and on the same day that iPhone 4 becomes available. People may not even notice the Pre2 on Verizon due to the iPhone 4.)

    It's doesn't seem to be a bad phone. Just not what many people were hoping for/dreaming of...
    I don't understand that either! Thats why I think the Pre 3 MIGHT go to Sprint, or I did. Let the Pre 2 be on Verizon and then sell the Pre 3 on ATT and Sprint, then release Pre 3 later this year on Verizon. But oh well we shall see what happens.
  18. #138  
    agree with those who've said the big fail is lack of rapid (and specific) launch date.

    yes, many wanted a slab keyboardless phone. But I think had pre3 been available tomorrow most would snap it up without any complaints and the event would be deemed a super success.

    I think it's a fair point to say that HP has just vegun to incorporate this into their company and thus stuck with the Pre form factor - I suspect the slab will come but prob not for a long while. Their primary focus was on the TouchPad and more importantlybrishing up WebOS to optimize it for this and their planned assault on the netbook market to grow deployment.
  19. #139  
    How does one write an article like this and manage to discuss Symbian, but make absolutely no mention of WebOS, the most important distinction between the iPad and Touchpad? Infuriating.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/te...ted=1&_r=1&hpw
  20. #140  
    I obviously have not read the entire post, but I went to MacRumors to see what they are saying. HP Announces WebOS-Based TouchPad Tablet, Pre 3 and Veer Smartphones - MacRumors Forums. First two pages are generally positive with some netigive comments about Pre 3. WHAT THESE guys like on average is the touch to share and the fact that calls and texts go to the TouchPad. AND just like to be expected, more people liked the TouchPad then Pre 3.

    So it seems on an Apple fan site it's easier to find good comments about WebOS and Pre 3 then it is here at a Pre fan site ... interesting.

    And Sprint's community wants the Pre 3/TouchPad ... http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/259648
    Last edited by astraith; 02/10/2011 at 08:54 AM.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions