Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 182
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Heres my proof to support my claims:

    "The hardware could be better..."
    That is a completely meaningless comment about it.
    It doesn't define anything about the hardware.

    There weren't any real complaints by ANY reviewers until after release when people had issues.
  2. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm sorry, which one of those phones are you talking about?
    Get your facts straight.
    Motorola Atrix --> Only phone that fits your requirement of being "This years tech" with more than 512 RAM and a dual core processor. It has 1 gig and Tegra 2

    HTC Thunderbolt --> The other phone that has more than 512 RAM. However, it comes with a 1 Ghz Snapdragon Processor

    Droid Bionic --> Has a Tegra 2, but only 512 RAM. Guess it fails as its "last years" tech....yet you just called it top of the line.

    I'm talking about the top two phones coming out.
    Top of the line.
    See, you did it again. You just called a phone with 512 RAM "Top of the line" yet that same amount of RAM in the Pre3 is "last years tech".

    Its those kind of amazing contradictions why the emotional responses of people who can't look at this objectively aren't hugely more important than reviewers trying to give an honest and reasoned view of it.

    The Pre 3 is supposed to be top of the line.

    Thus we compare the top of the lines.
    And based on your "Top of the line" requirements of Tegra 2 and more than 512 RAM only ONE phone fits that, and that's the Atrix. The Pre is as "top of the line" with RAM as the Bionic is and is even more top of the line than the HTC Thunderbolt (the one with 768 RAM) is with regards to Processor.

    You don't get to compare the top of the line of one OS to the middle of the line of the other OS, sorry
    What middle of the road?

    The Sony ARC and PLAY are Sonys TOP OF THE LINE Android phones. The LG Optimus 2x is LG's TOP OF THE LINE android phone. The Droid Bionic is motorola's verizon TOP OF THE LINE android phone. The Thunderbolt is verizon's HTC's TOP OF THE LINE android phone.

    Every one of them on that list is announced this year and coming out this year. Every one on that list has either a lower end processor than the Pre3 or the same amount of RAM as the Pre3. The only one it doesn't match up to is the Atrix.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Could you quote me a legitimate source to suggest that the iPhone is going to change that? Cause I've not seen any legitimate source stating such.

    He can't. As someone who goes to MacRumors and Apple Insider every day, there has not been one rumor of a larger iPhone 5 screen. There has been, though, a rumor of a dual core A9 processor in the iPad 2 and iPhone 5 -- which is why I said the iPhone 5 will beat out the Pre 3 spec wise.


    I believe engadget and others stated it felt a bit like a toy, too plasticy, and a bit wobbly even then not to mention the whole razor sharp edge thing.
    You are correct. A lot of people said it felt like a toy. (although not Engadget)

    Don't believe me? Don't think Engadget actually said negitve things about the original Pre? (this is to matty) Well, I did a quick Google for you to show that the guy above is correct.

    "...other than a bit of a rough slider mechanism that will certainly (hopefully) be worked out before the device goes to market." Engadget.com

    "The phone is very light and surprisingly thin, though it doesn't feel like a "toy." "Engadget.com

    Here this shows you people at CES 2009 did call it a toy. Why would they say that if no one on the floor said that? I doubt at this stage consumers where saying it (at least not from hands on impressions because the only people who touched it were at the show.

    As you can see, it was not all good praise. Mostly shell shock because no one expected the Palm Pre and WebOS. It was so radically different, and personally thats why I like the Pre 3 form factor. Sure, HP could have played it safe and copied Apple's slab like design. Would have been a good device. Still might be a good device. But the thing is, HP made a choice to keep the "natural" look of the Pre and just fix the small screen and keyboard, and gave it a decent resolution. That was a good move in my humble opinion.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    That is a completely meaningless comment about it.
    It doesn't define anything about the hardware.

    There weren't any real complaints by ANY reviewers until after release when people had issues.
    so are you saying the pre has good build quality? your just confusing the hell outa me man...

    do i really have to go dig and find somewhere where some random person said they didnt like the evo because of build quality?

    i mean, how about you go look and support your claims for a turn. that should be a rule for these forums. support the claims you make.
  5. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The Bionic is tegra 2......READ
    And 512 RAM. Something you said meant

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    High-end RAM that properly runs the OS? Yes. For last year
    and you said that

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You will notice that all the new top of the line phones coming out are 768 - 1GB range in ram.
    Yet NOW you're saying the BIONIC is "TOP END" even though it has 512 RAM.

    So apparently Pre3 with 512 RAM = Last Year. Bionic having 512 RAM = Top of the line!
  6. #106  
    iPhone 5 rumors are just rumors until the product is announced. It's unlike Apple to make a display revision this quickly. The iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS all used the same 3.5" 480x320 resolution display spec. The iPhone and iPhone 3G used the same processor and camera, too. The iPhone 3GS added a faster processor and a marginally superior camera to the mix, but no iPhone had ever had really revolutionary enhancements prior to the iPhone 4.

    The idea the Pre 3 will be outdated at it's release is nonsense. It's especially difficult to make that assertion before the Pre 3 or the phones that are going to be better are actually launched. Specs are specs. User experience is what matters. The iPhone 4 was handily beaten by the EVO 4G in specs, yet a lot of reviews picked the iPhone as the superior device. It was especially surprising how much better the iPhone 4's 5MP camera was when compared to the EVO's 8MP camera.

    Specs are great as tools to outline a smart phones general performance expectations, but until you set them down side to side and compare them, nothing is certain.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

    That fact of the matter is this:

    -The Pre 3 isn't as impressive as you guys are trying to make it out to be.

    Opinion

    -Reviewers are rarely spot on with their comments.

    Agreed, but listen to people that have never even seen the device in person and how it works is even MORE ridiculous.

    This whole venture is likely to lead to the END of WebOS smartphones and continue on with Tablets.

    Opinion

    The Tablet they released is generally impressive, the phones are not.

    Opinion

    You will see in time.

    Yes, agreed.

    Enjoy your nights.
    I will. You too.
  8. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #108  
    No ones trying to "drill" your comments down. We're pointing out your inaccurately made statements (mind you, initially your statements were responses to MY statements). And we're trying to make some sense from your argument. Its not on us that at one moment you say that 512 MB RAM is "last years" technology and can't be considered top of the line and the next moment you're posting that a device with 512 MB RAM is "top of the line". I'm not trying to drill into you, I'm not trying to attack you...YOU responded to my post, and I'm trying to respond to that. But I can't do that without understanding your point, and I can't understand your point without you clarifying obviously and blatantly conflicting statements you make.

    Again, you say the "Fact" of the matter is something but you confuse once more "Fact" with "opinion". In your opinion the Pre 3 isn't impressive. That's fine. In other peoples opinions it is. What's NOT factual however is to say that somehow 512 MB RAM or a 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon is somehow out of touch with currently being released technology. Flagship phones just announced for Sony and HTC have a slower clock speed single core snapdragon as their processor. Flagship phones for Motorola, Sony, and LG have 512 MB RAM in them. That's simple fact, not opinion.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    I think HP played it safe. Fixed all of the complaints about the original pre. That's great and is appreciated, but the market is different and there are other form factors that are very popular. The Pre 3 appears to be good phone. Add a different form factor like a slab phone and make a more well-rounded line-up and I think there would be much less complaining.
    That, and solid, next two/three months max launch dates.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No ones trying to "drill" your comments down. We're pointing out your inaccurately made statements (mind you, initially your statements were responses to MY statements). And we're trying to make some sense from your argument. Its not on us that at one moment you say that 512 MB RAM is "last years" technology and can't be considered top of the line and the next moment you're posting that a device with 512 MB RAM is "top of the line". I'm not trying to drill into you, I'm not trying to attack you...YOU responded to my post, and I'm trying to respond to that. But I can't do that without understanding your point, and I can't understand your point without you clarifying obviously and blatantly conflicting statements you make.

    Again, you say the "Fact" of the matter is something but you confuse once more "Fact" with "opinion". In your opinion the Pre 3 isn't impressive. That's fine. In other peoples opinions it is. What's NOT factual however is to say that somehow 512 MB RAM or a 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon is somehow out of touch with currently being released technology. Flagship phones just announced for Sony and HTC have a slower clock speed single core snapdragon as their processor. Flagship phones for Motorola, Sony, and LG have 512 MB RAM in them. That's simple fact, not opinion.
    And you put too much stock in clock speed.
    Just so you know.
    Way too much stock in it.
    Anyway, I have stuff to do.
    Enjoy your evening.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    That is a completely meaningless comment about it.
    It doesn't define anything about the hardware.

    There weren't any real complaints by ANY reviewers until after release when people had issues.
    all i know is that out of the 2488 reviews the majority of them start with or have the word 'Durable' in them...

    Sprint - Define Region
  12. #112  
    And you put too much faith in dual cores.
  13. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    And you put too much stock in clock speed.
    Just so you know.
    Way too much stock in it.
    1 Ghz Snapdragon Proc vs 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon proc

    Its not like i'm talking about different brands here. Not like I'm talking about one being dual core and one being single core. They're both Qualcomm snap dragon chips with one clocked higher.
  14. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #114  
    thank god that's over
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    thank god that's over
    agreed. he'll be back though.

    they always come back.


    So staying on topic.


    WOOOOOOOO! lol. so overjoyed with FINALLY new hardware. hahaha
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    And you put too much faith in dual cores.
    You're gonna try to suggest that dual-cores won't run any single core out of the room?

    And two people liked this?

    Wow, you guys are something special. And that's not a positive thing.


    By the way, the core in the Pre 3 looks to just be an overclocked version of the MSM8655.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...ystem_on_Chip)


    Same core as the HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 02/10/2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: html broke link
  17. #117  
    Your link's broken.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  18. #118  
    I want to note that in the world of none techie people, specs and giant screens are not the reason for average people buying smartphones. They do tend to go by price brand and marketing, all of which hp is working hard at. I have only seen a few large screen devices. Mostly smaller screen i think these devices will do fine in the rgular and lyal markets. Those wanting high end will have to wait till hp has enough scale in the smartphone arena. Thus why they did this.
  19. #119  
    and to the poll where over 50 =ercent of people said they were done with webos, I guarantee that won't happen. I was one of those people earlier in the day, but it was just my initial frustrations, once I let myself calm down and look up more spec and watch some videos I'm pretty stoked, and I'm sure alot of other people have done the same thing.
  20. #120  


    It's funny and it's the absolute truth.


    While you're watching, read some comments.

Posting Permissions