Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 182
  1. #81  
    It seems with my rant against Mattykinsx, I forgot to actually reply and defend HP. Now I might end up being let down if now love for Sprint, but I clearly think HP needs to be worried about BlackBerry more then Apple. The people with iPhones wont leave their iPhone for HP. But the people with BB's generally do upgrade to a newer phone. If WebOS 2.0 can match up feature wise with BB 6.0, then HP has a shot of getting new customers in to the platform. Sure, it won't make you first place but right now not being last is good.

    HP did a good job today, though. I like the larger screen on the Pre 3. I don't understand the Veer. And the TouchPad is rocking -- as it should, it's the flagship device really.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm not railing on the guy. He seems to suggest he's seen negative reports. I haven't so obviously I'm looking in the wrong places. I just want to see what he claims is there
    yes please, links?
  3. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Cheers to having a glass half full! lol
    When you're a WebOS fan, you have to!! :P
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  4. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Thank you for comparing the RAM and Processor with last year...just like I was saying.
    You will notice that all the new top of the line phones coming out are 768 - 1GB range in ram.
    They are also tegra 2.
    ...

    Every phone I listed save for the Nexus S was announced and set to launch THIS YEAR, and the Nexus S launched just before the end of December.

    What in the world are you talking about?

    And no, they don't also all use the Tegra 2. The ARC and PLAY actually both use a 1 Ghz Snapdragon compared to 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon in the Pre3. The HTC Thunderbolt, one of the two phones I mentioned that does have 768 RAM, ALSO isn't dual core or tegra 2 but again a 1 Ghz snapdragon as opposed to the 1.4 Ghz in the Pre3. The Nexus S is also 1 Ghz in a single core.

    Seriously, please...I'm fine with having this discussion, but research before you speak.

    As has been pointed out, its suspected that the iphone will be getting a bigger screen.
    Could you quote me a legitimate source to suggest that the iPhone is going to change that? Cause I've not seen any legitimate source stating such.

    Again you compare to last years technology.

    Your resolution comment again compares to last years phones.
    I clearly have stated already that the Pre3 is definitely beat by high end phones with regards to resolution. I also stated it is still better than the previous Pre's AND that to me the trade-off for the potential bonus of gaining developers due to it allowing for multi-platform development is worth it.

    As far as your comment about the build quality.
    How many of those reviewers said the original Pre was built poorly?
    I believe engadget and others stated it felt a bit like a toy, too plasticy, and a bit wobbly even then not to mention the whole razor sharp edge thing.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    When you're a WebOS fan, you have to!! :P
    yup! i mean, i'm as upset as anyone when it comes to the release dates, but hey, all you can do is do whats best for you. and I'm doing that, sticking with HP.

    but i cant understand why people want to tell me whats best for me?
  6. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Look around, I won't do simple google search work for you.
    I've looked around. I've seen not a single tech writer have a majority negative attitude or disappointed view towards the event as you originally purported.

    You made a claim. Its incumbent on you to back it up, not on us to find evidence that you're claim is truthful. Numerous posters have stated they've not seen what you claim as fact. If you want to actually claim it as fact, own up and show it.

    Your OPINION is not "reality" on a broad scale.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ...

    Every phone I listed save for the Nexus S was announced and set to launch THIS YEAR, and the Nexus S launched just before the end of December.

    What in the world are you talking about?

    And no, they don't also all use the Tegra 2. The ARC and PLAY actually both use a 1 Ghz Snapdragon compared to 1.4 Ghz Snapdragon in the Pre3. The HTC Thunderbolt, one of the two phones I mentioned that does have 768 RAM, ALSO isn't dual core or tegra 2 but again a 1 Ghz snapdragon as opposed to the 1.4 Ghz in the Pre3. The Nexus S is also 1 Ghz in a single core.

    Seriously, please...I'm fine with having this discussion, but research before you speak.
    Motorola Droid Bionic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Motorola Atrix 4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The two top of the line phones with more to come...

    Tegra 2 is going to be the standard this year for top of the line phones...

    Come on now....
  8. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Oh you don't like being reported?
    Welcome to my world on these forums.
    I get reported all the time because people don't like my opinions.
    So as far as I'm concerned, you guys are just getting it back at you.
    Look around, I won't do simple google search work for you.
    Read HPs facebook wall, read here, read people all over.
    You want to dismiss ALLLLLL the negative comments about the Pre3 and Veer?
    Go ahead.
    But that's the reality.
    (Seriously, put that stuff in a PM if you wanna get off topic.)

    So, we are in fact talking about comments on facebook walls, forums, blogs etc. I was talking about the reception of these announcements by the blogs themselves. I said apart from commenters.

    If you take a look, there are quite a lot of negative statements in the comments sections for iphone announcements too. But I hear that particular product is going pretty well.

    Comment sections in sites do not reflect the actual perception in the industry/news/public. They only reflect the perception of people and trolls arguing in the comments.

    So all in all, I stand by my statement - the HP announcements have been VERY well received by tech blogs and reviewers.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    (Seriously, put that stuff in a PM if you wanna get off topic.)

    So, we are in fact talking about comments on facebook walls, forums, blogs etc. I was talking about the reception of these announcements by the blogs themselves. I said apart from commenters.

    If you take a look, there are quite a lot of negative statements in the comments sections for iphone announcements too. But I hear that particular product is going pretty well.

    Comment sections in sites do not reflect the actual perception in the industry/news/public. They only reflect the perception of people and trolls arguing in the comments.

    So all in all, I stand by my statement - the HP announcements have been VERY well received by tech blogs and reviewers.
    I take more stock in people's comments than reviewers.
    Every time I read a review the opposite is generally what happens.

    I remember reviewers saying how great the Pre was....fail.

    I remember reviewers being shaky about the Evo....nothing was shaky with sales.

    If the overwhelming comments by people are negative...that's what's gonna happen.

    Even on this site you have more than 50% of the people that took the poll saying they are done with HP/WebOs.
  10. #90  
    According to this "leaked specs" of the Iphone5, its rumored to be a " larger 3.7-inch screen".

    Still sub 4 inches....

    iPhone 5 Specs Leaked

    And heres another "a larger screen: 3.7" instead of 3.5".

    iPhone 5 rumours: what you need to know | News | TechRadar UK


    So the iphone 5 based on leaked reports state that it will have a .1 inch larger screen than the Pre 3.

    XD
  11. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    According to this "leaked specs" of the Iphone5, its rumored to be a " larger 3.7-inch screen".

    Still sub 4 inches....

    iPhone 5 Specs Leaked
    That's the thing I don't understand.

    The world's most popular (or at least the one with the most popular perception) phone has a screen smaller than the new pre. and yet people are cyring out '3.6?! too small!!'.

    Strange. By the way, sounds perfect to my. I'm on a nexus one, 3.7, and it's juuuust a bit big.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  12. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Motorola Droid Bionic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Motorola Atrix 4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The two top of the line phones with more to come...

    Tegra 2 is going to be the standard this year for top of the line phones...

    Come on now....
    So you show me 2 phones announced and launching this year and I show you 5 phones that were announced and launching this year that go against your claim of "last year" technology...and that somehow proves it?

    Hell, why don't you read your own wikipedia article. Droid Bionic:

    Memory 512MB RAM
    You have ONE phone that has a dual core snap dragon and more than 512 RAM. You one other phone that has more than 512 RAM, and its got a slower snapdragon single core processor than the Pre3.

    Read your own facts, it may help you to not prove your own argument wrong.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I remember reviewers saying how great the Pre was....fail.

    I remember reviewers being shaky about the Evo....nothing was shaky with sales.
    do you have any proof of this? i always heard great things about the evo, and the pre ways ALWAYS thought of as having poor build quality, aside from the OS.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Here's my comments to your post, in blue.
    you're not looking at it for what it is, and that's waaaaayyyyy better than what we have now. Processor speeds and crap are getting ridiculous. My buddy has an og droid, and I'm my opinion that thing flies, even though it's "outdated" I definitely think it needs to be released before summer, but it's a solid device, and you say the screen isn't big enough? Same size as an iphone. Is that not big enough for you?
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You have ONE phone that has a dual core snap dragon and more than 512 RAM. You one other phone that has more than 512 RAM, and its got a slower snapdragon single core processor than the Pre3.

    Read your own facts, it may help you to not prove your own argument wrong.
    I'm sorry, which one of those phones are you talking about?
    Get your facts straight.


    I'm talking about the top two phones coming out.
    Top of the line.

    Not middle of the road phones.

    The Pre 3 is supposed to be top of the line.

    Thus we compare the top of the lines.

    You don't get to compare the top of the line of one OS to the middle of the line of the other OS, sorry
  16. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Even on this site you have more than 50% of the people that took the poll saying they are done with HP/WebOs.
    True, it's funny how people say they're done with something then stick around talking about it. Isn't it?

    Well you may play 'opposites' when reading tech reviews, but I don't think that's any grounds for the incredibly negative comments about these new devices, when you've admitted yourself that you're no longer interested in it. Just trying to bring down the mood around here.

    I, for one, am on this forum because I'm a WebOS enthusiast. I kind of thought that's what it was for.

    I also thought this thread was called 'In defense of HP and Pre3'.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  17. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwado View Post
    you're not looking at it for what it is, and that's waaaaayyyyy better than what we have now. Processor speeds and crap are getting ridiculous. My buddy has an og droid, and I'm my opinion that thing flies, even though it's "outdated" I definitely think it needs to be released before summer, but it's a solid device, and you say the screen isn't big enough? Same size as an iphone. Is that not big enough for you?
    He's not looking at it even from realistically based in this year. Only one phone fits his description of what's apparently "this year" which is the Atrix. Apparently the Bionic, the Optimus X2, the Arc, the Play, and the Thunderbolt are all FAIL based on "last years" standards.
  18. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    do you have any proof of this? i always heard great things about the evo, and the pre ways ALWAYS thought of as having poor build quality, aside from the OS.
    Me too. I bought the Pre knowing it had reputation for wobbly hardware. And the Evo was talked up from day one, at least to my recollection.

    Seems to be a lot of speculation. We should probably stop feeding it.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  19. #99  
    Heres my proof to support my claims:

    "The hardware could be better, but more importantly, Palm has developed a solid OS that not only rivals the competition."

    Palm Pre Review (Sprint) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews

    This was the only bad about the evo: "The bad: Sprint's 4G network is limited at this time, making the mandatory $10 premium data add-on tough to swallow for anyone outside of the coverage area. The Evo lacks support for Bluetooth voice-activated dialing. Battery drains quickly with 4G."

    HTC Evo 4G Review (black, Sprint) - Smartphones - CNET Reviews


    Your move sir. lol.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    do you have any proof of this? i always heard great things about the evo, and the pre ways ALWAYS thought of as having poor build quality, aside from the OS.
    Are you kidding me?
    Engadget, Cnet, etc all had only positives to say about the Pre.

    ONLY AFTER COMPLAINTS CAME IN DID THEY MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT BUILD QUALITY.

Posting Permissions