1.    #1  
    Guys lets all email this guy: And set his brains in the right direction.

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

Hello, Russ,

Now that HP has announced their two new next gen phones, and also a new tablet, Sprint needs to get ahead of the curve and either announce they will be offering the Pre 3 as an upgrade from the original Pre, or simply tell their dedicated WebOS customers that they will not be carrying any further WebOS devices so that customers (current and potential) can make their plans.

Sprint was first on the market with a WebOS device, the Pre, and first also with the lower level WebOS device, the Pixi.

Since then, Sprint has not carried any of the updated versions (Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre 2) and even recently discontinued offering the Palm Pre entirely.

People who caught the first WebOS wave when Sprint introduced the Palm Pre have devices reaching the two year mark soon, and are making plans NOW as to which way they will be moving when that happens.

Please let them know that Sprint will continue to support them as customers.

What you all say?
    The web os user base is so small it means little to Sprint. But ya never know.
    I agree. Sprint is facing a insurrection from WebOS users. Frankly, they didn't sell enough to be too worried given the Android Armada.
    I dont know the specifics but the sprint user base for Webos is so small its does not even register on the financials most likely. Sad but true. Its all about money. Sprint is making a ton on Android , thats there bread and butter now.
  5.    #5  
    They also make money with webOS it is not like they made no money or cant make money, extra money cant hurt.
    just think about how much money they're making off us WebOS fans who are sitting on upgrades just waiting for a new WebOS Phone...
  7.    #7  
    Exactly, we cant compare to Android or iPhone but if people start spreading the word and HP does excellent job of promoting it than I see no problem in catching up with the big boys. But HP needs to be on all carriers, thats how they will make head room.
    Also you got to rememeber this may be HP choice. Might want to Email Hp also. they ofcourse have final deciision on who gets to carry there phones.
  9.    #9  
    Can it be the same problem as Apple had when it came out, it didnt want carrier crap apps on it, can HP demand same thing?
    Doesn't their silence speak louder than any words they might tell you?

Why would Sprint desire to continue to hinge their reputation on a bellyflop?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/09/2011 at 07:13 PM.
    I think its more the agreements they sign. Apple signed an exclusive with AT&T. The Treos had a exclusive with Sprint.
    I wouldnt call it a bellyflop but while the Pre was a great seller for Sprint it also was one of there most returned phones and and a disapointment in the long run . The Pre was not a success on Sprint. People did not like the phone and they returned it. The Samsung Instainct was a HUGE success also but it also had so many retruns ( more then the Pre I bet) it was a Major Failure. .

Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Doesn't their silence speak louder than any words they might tell you?

Why would Sprint desire to continue to hinge their reputation on a bellyflop?
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Guys lets all email this guy: And set his brains in the right direction.

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com

Hello, Russ,

Now that HP has announced their two new next gen phones, and also a new tablet, Sprint needs to get ahead of the curve and either announce they will be offering the Pre 3 as an upgrade from the original Pre, or simply tell their dedicated WebOS customers that they will not be carrying any further WebOS devices so that customers (current and potential) can make their plans.

Sprint was first on the market with a WebOS device, the Pre, and first also with the lower level WebOS device, the Pixi.

Since then, Sprint has not carried any of the updated versions (Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre 2) and even recently discontinued offering the Palm Pre entirely.

People who caught the first WebOS wave when Sprint introduced the Palm Pre have devices reaching the two year mark soon, and are making plans NOW as to which way they will be moving when that happens.

Please let them know that Sprint will continue to support them as customers.

What you all say?
    Sound desperate. If I was the guy and you're writing, what would be my incentive as a business person to tell you I have no plans of carrying webos devices? So you can make plans to jump ship? Nah, I'd rather sell you a nice Android device. Or at least try. That helps my bottom line. You have to remember, I have goals to reach in order to get my yearly bonus. Plannin' on gettin' the family iPad 2 come Christmas. LOL
  14.    #14  
    If this guys came back at me with that line trying to sell me Android or Sprint one of kind Dual Screen Crap I would tell him to shove it where the sun no shine. Dont forget we pay there salaries.
    I love my Pre, but Web OS needs more software and the new phones just don't seem to be that new. No 4G, same basic form factor, what gives. HP also said we will announce and release in almost the same time frame. Well thats not so. I guess Sprint will sell me an EVO. Sorry, but next year maybe the market will offer more programs and I will switch back.
    Hey guys I'm thinking perhaps a conference call or Skype with Dieter and then he brings our concerns as precentral community to the attention of Todd Bradley et al.

HP made a major mistake. They need to understand that webOS is now a community and right this error.

I started a thread here if you like this idea:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...community.html
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    extra money cant hurt.
    Whenever I hear anyone say "extra money" I immediately think of Ross Perot who once said something along the lines of "I don't know of anybody who has extra money."

I don't see why people are all freaked out. Sprint will be carrying the PrPrPr&#$275$$and$ $it$ $looks$ $as$ $though$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $competitive$ $with$ $the$ $Verizon$ $iPhone$ $once$ $people$ $start$ $playing$ $with$ $them$.

The 1.4 Ghz Processor sounds to me like it will take care of lag issues. Dual cameras...

It looks pretty sweet to me.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    i agree. if we want webOS devices on sprint, we have to speak up. i already contacted sprint and asked about who i should talk to regarding this matter. having an email now is great...i'll be sending an email. i have 5 phones on my family plan all just waiting for sprint to carry webOS device so we can upgrade.
    Shouldn't you guys be bombarding Bradley and Ruby for a release date and a Sprint version? I wonder if people use this logic with a Sprint iPhone or Sprint Atrix 4G?

While you're at it, demand a piece of phone hardware that's so amazing - a la the Galaxy S - that every carrier will WANT to carry it.
    I am for it, lets get it done.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2