Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems a bunch of people are hatin' the 8gb and 16gb storage.

How on earth is everyone getting even close to that with all the cloud and streaming options out there?

I personally use Ampache for music and Tversity for video streaming. What else would you fill your phone up with?

Photos I guess?
    I guess some people like using their phone as their MP3 player. I'm okay using my iPod Touch for MP3's as I always have.
    I dont have problem with storage that never bothered me, 16 gigs is fine, people just want more even if they dont use they just want to have it, also want to be able to have identical to iPhone. I have yet to go over 8gb, in my EVO i got the 32gb just for the sake of it and i didnt even come close to using 50%.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I want a single device, phone and media player. If only somebody made a high capacity phone with a good media player... for now, I carry a 64GB iPod touch and a phone. I can't even get 64GB microSD for my EVO. I also have a 64GB iPad.

Edit: My music library is over 25GB. So even the 32GB iphone isn't really enough when you add in a few movies, tv shows, etc.
    For the video and music geeks, it makes sense. Most of us don't need a huge library on a phone. Especially with cloud services, it's not necessary for most. I have my workout music on the phone and really don't need other music on it. 4GB would probably be fine by me.
    webpoet73 do you really listen to all of those songs? And I dont see myself watching any kind of movies on the Pre thats why I am getting the Pad. But thats just me, to each is there own.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    webpoet73 do you really listen to all of those songs? And I dont see myself watching any kind of movies on the Pre thats why I am getting the Pad. But thats just me, to each is there own.
    All... no, but never know what mood is going to strike me and what bands/albums I want to listen to. I keep getting more cd's. I don't listen to singles, I listen to albums.

Why limit myself? I keep a 60GB iPod in my vehicle...
    I have over 300 gigs of music. I carry around my iPod for long trips with 30 gigs. Id like to eliminate carry that around.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Maybe some of us are sometimes in places where we don't have coverage, or are shielded from getting a carrier signal?

Maybe some of us have more music, movies, or other files than you?

Different people use their electronic devices differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    It seems a bunch of people are hatin' the 8gb and 16gb storage.

How on earth is everyone getting even close to that with all the cloud and streaming options out there?

I personally use Ampache for music and Tversity for video streaming. What else would you fill your phone up with?

Photos I guess?
    Cloud, cloud, cloud. Everyone with the cloud. As I mentioned elsewhere, the cloud is fine until it rains.

Rain = Bandwith/Data Caps. Storage is good, depending on signal strength to listen to your tunes/watch your movies = bad. What you think every place you want to use media is going to have good coverage? What about subway riders and such? Is HP going to throw up cell towers too? Put them in public transportation hubs that don't have free wifi? Get your head out of the cloud.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02/09/2011 at 07:05 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Cloud, cloud, cloud. Everyone with the cloud. As I mentioned elsewhere, the cloud is fine until it rains.

Rain = Bandwith/Data Caps. Storage is good, depending on signal strength to listen to your tunes/watch your movies = bad. Is HP going to throw up cell towers too?
    I have been streaming my entire music collection (~70gb) and any mp4 video that I have downloaded on my machine for about 6 months without one hiccup or extra charge.

How many times are you without service throughout the day? If it's more than a few minutes each day, then you might want to re-evaluate your service provider and not your phone choice.

If it's just a few minutes, then who cares?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'm in a shielded environment 6 hours a day. Changing carriers isn't going to do me a bit of good.
    I too am in a shielded environment for hours a day. I bring my computer with me, kind of hard to stream a music collection that is on a hard drive left at home.
    I too am in a shielded environment for hours a day. I bring my computer with me, kind of hard to stream a music collection that is on a hard drive left at home.
  15.    #15  
    Fair point, but I doubt all the people complaining are in the same boat.

Streaming from your home computer is really easy these days, even to a web browser to your work computer(I work for a major corporation and still have access to stream movies through my browser from home).

Where there's a will, there's a way folks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Not everywhere has good strong coverage... i don't trust the cloud. I want my music on a device in my pocket. The iPod touch is an amazing device.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Who said all complaining are in the same boat? Some do other things with their phones than we do and have other needs. What part of "other people use their electronics for different things and in different environments" than you don't you understand?

BTW, my hospital network would block me from streaming from my home computer. NOT EVERYONE USES THEIR PHONE LIKE YOU.
    I have been streaming my entire music collection (~70gb) and any mp4 video that I have downloaded on my machine for about 6 months without one hiccup or extra charge.

How many times are you without service throughout the day? If it's more than a few minutes each day, then you might want to re-evaluate your service provider and not your phone choice.

If it's just a few minutes, then who cares?
    Well then the cloud works for you. Goody. Your environment, travel methods are unique to you. You have to factors in your favor, carrier bandwith and ISP bandwidth (you mentioned your stream from your machine). But you can see where other people may not have such ideal conditions. I use 4 gigs a month, how much do you use? If people prefer local storage, why do you care?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Who said all complaining are in the same boat? Some do other things with their phones than we do and have other needs. What part of "other people use their electronics for different things and in different environments" than you don't you understand?

BTW, my hospital network would block me from streaming from my home computer. NOT EVERYONE USES THEIR PHONE LIKE YOU.
    You mean not everyone can use their phone like I do. I'm pretty sure most people use the phone as a music player/video player/gaming machine/phone. I guess less people have embraced the cloud than I thought. (You can get 25gb of cloud storage from microsoft by the way, but I don't think it's Pre compatible.)

My sedan can't go off-road, but its not something I'd complain about. That's all I'm saying. Guess I'm in the minority.
    Fair point, but I doubt all the people complaining are in the same boat.

Streaming from your home computer is really easy these days, even to a web browser to your work computer(I work for a major corporation and still have access to stream movies through my browser from home).

Where there's a will, there's a way folks.
    You're using the fact that you stream on your work computer as a viable solution? Yes most corporations like their user base streaming content on work computers. That's a genius idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast