Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    GO here:

HP Executive Team: CEO email

I just asked why we are led to believe HP will announce products only when they are about to be shipped, when in fact HP is announcing products 4 to 5 months ahead of shipping.....
    Didn't he make that statement in India?

Perhaps he only meant he would not announce THERE without product to ship!

hahaha

Relax. Its a phone or a tablet. Time will pass soon enough.
    Lies from corporate CEOs.

You act surprised.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Lies from corporate CEOs.

You act surprised.
    Not surprised at all....I'm surprised he's been at his job for not even 6 months and the lies already started...
    He is a salesman his job is to sell it to you ( us ), and he did. We bought it lock stock and barrel. He did his job very well.
    so well that I'm moving to another platform when my day1 pre dies.
    See when they talk a lot and produce very little thats a problem, take Steve Jobs he hardly talks and produces a lot. I honestly thought that these products be out in March.
    Well Leo knows that my contract is ending in next february. So...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Just emailed him about the "few weeks" of announcement and Sprint/carrier issues. Maybe it'll help get their attention & some answers, but probably not .
    Look at this link:

HP webOS | HP TouchPad, HP Veer, HP Pre 3

Coming this summer. bummer.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I just want LEO to come out and say "Yes, I did screw with you...hoping you would not leave WEBOS, But the heck do I know about launching hardware? I'm a software guy....we are ALWAYS freaking late...., why would it be any different here"?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I guess if he said "It will come out months after it's announced" it would have been bad buzz for this event
    I am very upset about this lie as well. I hope Jon Rubinstein will keep his words of "HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market. "

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

anyone care to speculate what that entails? I am guessing a free upgrade for owners of an older palm hw, e.g. free upgrade from palm pre to palm pre 3.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Its of course worthless, but felt like I'd go ahead and do it:

Mr. Apotheker,

According to the BBC News these were your words spoken in India in late January.

"HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn't have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship," he promises, saying the products launched on 9 February will be on sale just a few weeks later.

Those products to be launched on February 9th have occurred. Three exciting and enticing devices whose hardware is competitive with the phones and tablets being released in the next month to two months. However, the time frame for when we will see them?

According to the announcement event and your website:

TouchPad - Availability this Summer
    Pre 3 - Availability this Summer
    Veer - Availability this Spring

The only one of these devices that has a chance to match your statement, which you would wish to believe is true coming from the CEO of the company, is the Veer and that's only if it comes out in very early Spring.

The rest of these devices are unquestionably ones where HP announced a product and are most assuredly not ready to ship "in weeks" but rather it seems "in months".

You also said that you "hope one day people will say 'this is as cool as HP', not 'as cool as Apple'"

Well Mr. Apotheker, a CEO making statements like yours I quoted above weeks before a much anticipated event and then that statement being shown to be absolutely false is not "cool". Being told that we will have to wait another potential 4 to 6 months to upgrade our aging technology is not "cool". Putting out a phone or tablet in 4 to 6 months that is high-end today but unlikely to be high end that far into the technology cycle is not "cool". Continuing to sit here and watch Apple, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and LG all be able to announced and launch new smartphones and/or tablets in a timely manner while HP continues a trend of announcing things they can not deliver in the near future is not "cool".

WebOS is cool. The Pre3, the Veer, and the TouchPad are all cool TODAY, but unlikely to be quite as cool 6 months from now when they launch. Your comment, when it was believed to be truthful, was cool. And the prospect for WebOS's growth is cool.

However, if we can not trust what the CEO of a company says why is it that we should put our faith into that company while we continue to wait with aging hardware and software...of which we were told would be updated, and then later told wouldn't be...for devices that will be mid-range by the time they're actually released?

I sincerely hope that in the near future you either cease to make comments which are clearly false or you take the necessary steps to assure that your company actually does what you tell its fans it will do. However, making statements and failing to deliver it is not going to help make HP cool, it is going to help drive people to other devices and manufacturers that actually deliver "cool" products rather than simply making announcements.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

Excellent!!
    LOL, well, I guess technically the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon will be ready to ship in days. Yeah, the wait is brutal. I don't think my little Pre can make it, bless it's little over-clocked processor. Even if it does make it, it'll be on 1.4.5 it sounds like. Yet another promise HP/Palm has failed to uphold.

Maybe I should just see what the unlocked price on Verizon Pre 2 is and buy a Pre 2 and a Pre 3 later?
    Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    LOL, well, I guess technically the Palm Pre 2 on Verizon will be ready to ship in days. Yeah, the wait is brutal. I don't think my little Pre can make it, bless it's little over-clocked processor. Even if it does make it, it'll be on 1.4.5 it sounds like. Yet another promise HP/Palm has failed to uphold.

Maybe I should just see what the unlocked price on Verizon Pre 2 is and buy a Pre 2 and a Pre 3 later?
    i'm tempted to just buy a Pre 2 and to hell with the Pre 3 'in the coming months'. Of course, i'd hawk the Pre 2 on Ebay if some magical webOS slab phone happened to emerge from the production facility but i can't guarantee that would happen anytime soon.
    He nor HP will give a rat's a** about it. Unless you're saying you're a major stockholder.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If enough people complain they hear us, it's the internet and every company monitors it for buzz and feedback especially after announcements. You better believe Palm is watching Twitter, Engadget, these forums and more to see what people think. Complaining gets results!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast