Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @Zyphlin, well written sir (or ma'am). I think I will be following suit as well. They hyped and hyped, now we get another "in the coming months" brouhaha.. Personally, I'm at the end of my rope and so is my Pre Plus...
    Honestly, I think this was a corporate "Brain fart" (pardon the visual). Let me explain...

Apotheker explained that on March 14, they will provide information as to how HP's new strategy will work, and it would encompass all of the previous announcements.

I believe he meant to set a new policy for HP going forward, starting on the above date, but, screwed up when he specifically mentioned (probably because he misinterpetted internal communications) that the 2-9-11 devices would ".. be on sale just few weeks later" (quote from BBC article).

He ALSO said, according to the BBC article "The product line will get a new name and come under the HP brand, Mr Apotheker says; the days of Palm and Palm Pre seem to be numbered." - so, the Pre 3 is likely the last of its kind, and new form factors will be coming.

Anyway, March 14 is THE date to look at, when all is revealed.

As for me, personally, Im just in "wait and see" mode.. with my unlocked GSM Pre+ overclocked, I have time.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    He is a salesman his job is to sell it to you ( us ), and he did. We bought it lock stock and barrel. He did his job very well.
    Not when he doesn't deliver...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Honestly, I think this was a corporate "Brain fart" (pardon the visual). Let me explain...

Apotheker explained that on March 14, they will provide information as to how HP's new strategy will work, and it would encompass all of the previous announcements.

Anyway, March 14 is THE date to look at, when all is revealed.

As for me, personally, Im just in "wait and see" mode.. with my unlocked GSM Pre+ overclocked, I have time.

so now all we have is "wait a little longer and we will tell you more" bs that has been part of the Palm culture for a while....this is a just a joke.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    While we didn't get any promises about a shipping date from this guy to begin with... I'm bummed these phones aren't landing in a couple weeks. So ditto...
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    so now all we have is "wait a little longer and we will tell you more" bs that has been part of the Palm culture for a while....this is a just a joke.
    Don't worry it is just over the next hill LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Don't worry it is just over the next hill LOL
    . . . or just around the next corner.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Didn't he make that statement in India?

Perhaps he only meant he would not announce THERE without product to ship!

hahaha

Relax. Its a phone or a tablet. Time will pass soon enough.
    yes just wait a year with your no longer supported palm phone while sprint removes its early upgrade program in april.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I just got this response from them, I emailed them last night:

"Thank you for taking the time to email HP. HP regrets the inconvenience and disappointment that this news has caused. Please watch for new updates as they unfold.

Regards,
    CEO Customer Relations"
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    I am very upset about this lie as well. I hope Jon Rubinstein will keep his words of "HP would do "something special" for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market. "

Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget

anyone care to speculate what that entails? I am guessing a free upgrade for owners of an older palm hw, e.g. free upgrade from palm pre to palm pre 3.
    Or maybe a trade-in/upgrade credit?
    I really dont see how the pre 3 is cool... dont know what leo was smoking when he said they were going to release cool softwares.. Apart from the great multi tasking... the pre 3 is still inferior to the evo. I do want a touchpad though.

Sent From My CM 6.1.2 Monster Evo.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I really dont see how the pre 3 is cool... dont know what leo was smoking when he said they were going to release cool softwares.. Apart from the great multi tasking... the pre 3 is still inferior to the evo. I do want a touchpad though.

Nice sig, Jason.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nice sig, Jason.

Sent from my eVo
    Haha. Thanks! I forgot what it is though. I'll have to go on the browser and check it out.

Nice sig, Jason.

Sent from my eVo
    Hahahha.. i see what you mean now!

Haha. Thanks! I forgot what it is though. I'll have to go on the browser and check it out.

The monster Evo one is what I was referring to.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    If enough people complain they hear us, it's the internet and every company monitors it for buzz and feedback especially after announcements. You better believe Palm is watching Twitter, Engadget, these forums and more to see what people think. Complaining gets results!
    We've been complaining for almost TWO YEARS. Yesterday was your "result".

I don't know what you are smoking by saying the Pre 3 with a 1.4 second gen snapdragon is inferior to the Evo?

how is the iphone 4 cool?

Same screen size etc but the pre3 ALSO has a keyboard...

I think the pre3 LOOKS better thank a lot of phone on the market. How it functions is yet to be seen though
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    He is a salesman his job is to sell it to you ( us ), and he did. We bought it lock stock and barrel. He did his job very well.
    Not so, he has not gotten one handset into the end users hands...... And frankly he "mellow yellowed" on his customer base that in fact can be his best ally in spreading the gospel. That, he has lost.
    The monster Evo one is what I was referring to.

Sent from my eVo
    Ahhhhhhh i see! Yeah i had to name it accordingly hahaha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast