Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. I was calling to talk about my upgrade options in light of the new changes coming on April 1st. She told me they would be getting the Pre3 this Summer, however she used the word "Palm", not HP, which I thought was odd. I'm gonna go find some salt..
    never believe any reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    never believe any reps.
    Word.
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    For what it's worth, I just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. I was calling to talk about my upgrade options in light of the new changes coming on April 1st. She told me they would be getting the Pre3 this Summer, however she used the word "Palm", not HP, which I thought was odd. I'm gonna go find some salt..
    Reps Dont know even what fricking carriers they work for let alone anything like a new device coming. gimme a break. They smucks who just need a job deperatley.
    I wish i could believe a rep. I hope that is true, because I am not leaving Sprint, and I would love the Pre 3 and I would wait for it if I knew it was coming.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    We get news faster than the reps, they dont get news till 24 hours before the words do to leaks. So they have no idea what they are saying and if they did know they wont say cause it might lead to there termination from the job. This is turning out to be a disaster for Sprint. This will make them loose more customers, people want newest toys, and since Sprint raised the rates and put new packages with gold BS this will only make people jump the Sprint ship, which right now looks like it might be getting some leaks and sinking. I would like to know who is picking up HP cause I am ready to jump ship if need it be.
    No idea why everyone here loves Sprint so much? Yeah, you can save a few bucks (literally, a few) but is it really worth it considering they're always lagging in devices and other areas?

I was a Sprint customer up until a few months ago because they seemed rather stagnant when it came to new devices. I'm not married to any carrier or device.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No idea why everyone here loves Sprint so much? Yeah, you can save a few bucks (literally, a few) but is it really worth it considering they're always lagging in devices and other areas?

I was a Sprint customer up until a few months ago because they seemed rather stagnant when it came to new devices. I'm not married to any carrier or device.
    I'm married to the yearly upgrade which I haven't used in over a year.
    barkerja i am really thinking about jumping just waiting on the word who will carry HP products, if it is not Sprint I am out to another carrier, Sprint lacks in all aspects of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I'm married to the yearly upgrade which I haven't used in over a year.
    If you're not using it then what's the point? AT&T has yearly upgrades as well, and so did Verizon (which I think is now two years).

However, didn't sprint just announce they're making changes to their Premier plan which drastically affects a lot of people and their yearly upgrades? Also, they now enforce the $10 data surcharge on all new smartphones, despite them being 4G.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

I am with them still becouse they are far better in the long run, for examples, Been with them for over 14 years now. I get 23% off my normal 69.00 bill, I get loyalty rewards, I get an option of gettting upgrades at least half off, I have been given two of their flagship phones by a rep calling me and offering a flagship phone as a promotional and devoted customer thing.Ive gotten numerous months of free service as rewards from them Sprint is good to its customers. Ive gotten 525.00 in credit becouse they charged me 30.00 one month in stupid text messaging scam. No other carrier for me Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    I am with them still becouse they are far better in the long run, for examples, Been with them for over 14 years now. I get 23% off my normal 69.00 bill, I get loyalty rewards, I get an option of gettting upgrades at least half off, I have been given two of their flagship phones by a rep calling me and offering a flagship phone as a promotional and devoted customer thing.Ive gotten numerous months of free service as rewards from them Sprint is good to its customers. Ive gotten 525.00 in credit becouse they charged me 30.00 one month in stupid text messaging scam. No other carrier for me Thank You!
    Nice try. Dan Hesse

A few? Back in June when I jumped on the Sprint wagon, I did the math, and for the exact same service (which includes unlimited data, unlimited minutes aka, any mobile any time, gps, etc), it was about $40 more a month on Verizon and AT&T. Extend that over two years, I was looking at almost $1000 more just to have a Pre Plus.... I decided the extra RAM wasn't worth it.
    A sprint rep once told me the Iphone would be on sprint soon. One srpint rep when I asked about the new Palm webos phone told me "Yes the Centro will be out soon" . Moral of the story : Do not put any stock into what a rep says. you know more then the rep.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 02/10/2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    My experience with Sprint has been similar. Though they've never called out of the blue and offered me a phone just because, they have been very good over the years with replacements and what not.

The pricing is way better for data services. Free calls to any mobile, blah, blah, blah.

I like them too.

My question is about the future WiMaxx vs LTE.

LTE seems to be leading in popularity and I'm assuming it will mean data roaming agreements are possible between carriers.

If LTE becomes the world standard it will mean WiMaxx would have to perform MUCH better in order to be competitive, no?

Now that the new cell tower technology is getting smaller and cheaper perhaps it won't matter.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Try half my bill.

Find me a discount for Verizon where I only have to pay $69 AFTER taxes and I'll jump ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by echoshatter View Post
    A few? Back in June when I jumped on the Sprint wagon, I did the math, and for the exact same service (which includes unlimited data, unlimited minutes aka, any mobile any time, gps, etc), it was about $40 more a month on Verizon and AT&T. Extend that over two years, I was looking at almost $1000 more just to have a Pre Plus.... I decided the extra RAM wasn't worth it.
    That's one reason I like Sprint. The other is that my work uses Sprint so there are repeaters all over the building so I get as good of a signal two levels underground as I do on the roof.
    I've been pretty happy with Sprint. I like their plans, and I like their service. That said, I can get Verizon's 450min plan with unlimited mobile to mobile (Verizon customers), unlimited text and data for $74.99 after my work discount, and that's cheaper than Sprint's 450 unlimited plan at $79.99 after their new premium data changes kick in.

I'd prefer sticking to what I know for now, and it's a guarantee I would pre-order a Pre 3 right now if it was available on Sprint with 4G. ABSOLUTE certainty even though it might not come out until "Summer" which is who the heck knows? June? July? August? September? Oh please not September
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I've been pretty happy with Sprint. I like their plans, and I like their service. That said, I can get Verizon's 450min plan with unlimited mobile to mobile (Verizon customers), unlimited text and data for $74.99 after my work discount, and that's cheaper than Sprint's 450 unlimited plan at $79.99 after their new premium data changes kick in.
    (
    Don't forget that anyone that knows how to use google can get an easy 25% off your monthly sprint bill....
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Don't forget that anyone that knows how to use google can get an easy 25% off your monthly sprint bill....
    I didn't have to use Google my job gives me that.
    Trēo 650 -> Trēo 700P -> Trēo 755P -> Prē
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast