Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'd say that's no more believable than a store employee.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post

Yeah, this is the age old "You can't prove a negative".

The only way to prove it is for it never to happen, the only thing we can say is that until Sprint officially announces a webOS device, there is not one currently available (with the exception of the Pixi).
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    what is really going on with the maching gun wielding dragon/Rhino/horned mystical beast?
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/15/2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Palm does not have an exclusive deal with Sprint. They can release the Pre 3 and Veer to any carrier, at any time.
    The Saint
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. I'm on the Simply Everything plan, paying for two lines. Even if I dropped one line, I'd still have the annual upgrade, i.e., nothing is changing for me.

He also said unequivocally: Sprint is getting the PRE 3, the Veer, and the TOUCHPAD. He said he was looking as information on his computer that said this was the case.

Why would he lie to me about that?! I'm keyed up for summer! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Just got off the phone with a Sprint rep. I'm on the Simply Everything plan, paying for two lines. Even if I dropped one line, I'd still have the annual upgrade, i.e., nothing is changing for me.

He also said unequivocally: Sprint is getting the PRE 3, the Veer, and the TOUCHPAD. He said he was looking as information on his computer that said this was the case.

The Veer won't even work on Sprint, it's GSM only.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The Veer won't even work on Sprint, it's GSM only.

Sent from my eVo
    My thoughts exactly lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublimer07 View Post
    My thoughts exactly lol
    Yep, just proves the reps are guessing or agreeing with people to make them happy.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Good points! Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    You know the deal guys...(Grain of slat here) BUT:

I just got off the phone w/ both a Sales & Customer service Sprint rep.

I called for something else, but played dumb... asking about this new Pre that would be coming in the summer... BOTH essentially said this:

"Are you talking about the new Pre that is coming from HP?" I say "I guess, not Palm right?"

They: "No, HP bought Palm, and the Pre 3 is the first phone from them. We have been told around the office that we are almost for sure going to get it and are starting to talk about testing it"

Me: "Date?"

Them: "I have no idea, just a lot of people have been talking about it"

So there you have it folks... you all know I don't feed BS here...but to have almost the same conversation from 2 diff reps in two diff call centers... Sounds good to me...
    There were very specific in knowing the model and company (HP) and I pretended to be a clueless dumbsumer....

*Fingers Crossed*

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    What I gather from all this is:

a - Sprint reps may or may not know what the new HP models are
    b - Sprint reps may or may not know the availability, on the Sprint network, of the new HP models
    c - There is probably a slightly-more-than-50% chance of Sprint getting the Pre3

Wow...I could sell this info, I think. :-P
    I can't stop looking at jean claude van damme screaming. it's too funny, but the same exact way I feel. I've been a sprint customer for more than 10 years, and I can't understand why they can't just make up their damn minds already or tell us when there will be a damn phone on their network. They can't honestly NOT carry a webos phone at all on their network for the rest of the year. There has to be something brewing, or at least some fricken discussion! I have had it up to hear with this, and am drowning in the overflowing cup of air! Pre 2 hacked for sprint seems the only option right now...
    You know,all this talk about what might or might not be available on Sprint later this year can really get you down...you know what we all need to pick us up?

ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCINO!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    My turn...

Coincidentally I was just cold-called by Sprint trying to sell me stuff. The person tried to explore a range of things for me to spend money on (including offering the Airave without a service fee if I bought it unsubsidized), but I informed him I am unwilling to commit anymore funds to Sprint right now because I wish to remain on webOS and as of now Sprint doesn't have any competitive webOS offering. He read from a script saying something to the extent of "While we have nothing at this time, I encourage you to stay with us until this summer because we have a lot of exciting announcements coming soon about new phones for this summer..."

Of course he also spent some time arguing with me that android was superior, so who knows, but I am going to be an optimist. What he was saying was definitely from a script, so it is Sprint's official line. And Sprint has to realize that if they have no intention of carrying the Pre3 such a script is only going to enrage the base more by giving false hope. Better for them not to lead anyone on if that is the direction they are going. Or at least I hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by jdacats View Post
    Just watched the new "Everybody On" ad that played on the Grammy's.

Now without getting into the merits of the ad or the song, the lyrics go:

"everybody touch"
    "everybody tap"
    "everybody move"
    "everybody app"
    "everybody digg"
    "everybody host"
    "everybody skype"
    "everybody post"
    "everybody dream"
    "everybody sprint"
    "everybody air"
    "everybody print"

It goes on for several more lyrics but there it is.

Ok, on the one hand I see how this sounds like really grasping at straws but just give me a sec for my reasoning.

This is HP - the largest PC manufacturer and distributor in the world, and while I know they aren't infallible, I think a lot of thought went into this first ad and they knew exactly what they were doing by including that line.

One other point is that HP has stated, on more than one occasion that they will compensate first adopters of the Pre and Pixi. Those folks could have only gotten them on Sprint therefore if the compensation is anything along the lines of a credit for the next phone, there's only one way to do that and that's if the credit is for another phone on the Sprint network.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the song lyric placement and it's significance - if any.

Because, while accurate, "Everybody wait" didn't rhyme with "print."
    I am rank amateur on these things, but I speculate that Sprint has some sort of contract with some party saying that they will not make any announcements regarding a HP device until such and such date. Also they probably had a lot to 'renegotiate' and maybe still are.

If not a contract, perhaps gentlemen's marketing agreement. It pays for most all the parties to space out their announcements etc. Still I am not sure how the Kycora DS got so much 'push'/event.

Oh well, for business reasons, timing, one of my lines is going to a Droid. If that goes well - who knows. I am still a dedicated TouchPad guy - unless the reviews on release don't substantiate it.

Still the lack of info to Sprint Pre users seems poor management,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post

thats funny because i just called sprint to ask them about upgrades and the lady i spoke with had absolutely no idea what i was talking about when i mentioned HP's new phones.

she transferred me to sales and i asked her about the new hp phones and if sprint had any intention of carrying them and she said nothing that ive heard of.

also asked a sprint rep at a store....same answer....i havent heard anything.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    It sounds like a lot of what we call "CSR Roulette" over at DBSTalk.com For those of us who have dealt with DirecTV for over a decade, we all know that 5 calls to 5 customer service reps will yield 5 completely different and often contradictory answers. You are talking to low paid, high turnover, completely disinterested "employees" who will tell you anything that they think will A) keep you from yelling at them and B) get you off the phone quickly.

The point here is, don't believe anything you learn from calling Sprint. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No idea why everyone here loves Sprint so much? Yeah, you can save a few bucks (literally, a few) but is it really worth it considering they're always lagging in devices and other areas?

I was a Sprint customer up until a few months ago because they seemed rather stagnant when it came to new devices. I'm not married to any carrier or device.
    Well, aside from the saving, there is the top customer service and the calls that are almost never dropped. I work in Verizon territory, and the call quality and dropped calls are horrible. I couldn't imagine beiing stuck with that all the time!

So, they don't have the latest phone, so what? Do you need a new phone every month? My Pre is still great, and my only worry is that if it dies, there won't be a Pre to replace it. As long as some kind of Pre comes to Sprint, I'm happy. I'm nowhere near (I hope) needing a new Pre, so I don't mind waiting.
    The HP Palm Pre has a UK release date of Summer 2011.

Hands on: HP Pre 3 review | MWC 2011
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast