Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Just watched the new "Everybody On" ad that played on the Grammy's.

Now without getting into the merits of the ad or the song, the lyrics go:

"everybody touch"
    "everybody tap"
    "everybody move"
    "everybody app"
    "everybody digg"
    "everybody host"
    "everybody skype"
    "everybody post"
    "everybody dream"
    "everybody sprint"
    "everybody air"
    "everybody print"

It goes on for several more lyrics but there it is.

Ok, on the one hand I see how this sounds like really grasping at straws but just give me a sec for my reasoning.

This is HP - the largest PC manufacturer and distributor in the world, and while I know they aren't infallible, I think a lot of thought went into this first ad and they knew exactly what they were doing by including that line.

One other point is that HP has stated, on more than one occasion that they will compensate first adopters of the Pre and Pixi. Those folks could have only gotten them on Sprint therefore if the compensation is anything along the lines of a credit for the next phone, there's only one way to do that and that's if the credit is for another phone on the Sprint network.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the song lyric placement and it's significance - if any.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i felt the same way but its just coincedence in my view )=
    Just one other thing, some have been commenting that it was only there to rhyme with print, which they had to include but if you search for the full lyric list, the rhyming is anything but consistent.

I did ask for opinions, I just feel even more convinced this morning.

*because I need to of course!
    Yes, 'Everybody's lint' just doen't play the same...
    Today when I went to go get my first replacement Pre from Sprint he asked me if I wanted to upgrade to an Evo or an Epic. I quickly said no because I am awaiting a Pre 3. He then said, "Oh yea, I saw that in our system yesterday. It looked pretty cool." I asked him if it had a release date and he said no it was just a spec sheet with info for the store. I was really happy when he said this (he was the manager) but because I already knew to take it with a grain of salt I left it as is.

Just thought I'd share that. Here's hoping!
    You probably could have told him you were waiting for a Super double pre quad series and he would have said the exact same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    You probably could have told him you were waiting for a Super double pre quad series and he would have said the exact same thing.
    Wouldn't doubt it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I thought that was coming to Verizon...in the coming months.
    its coming to sprint as an exclusive first , then verizon in coming months afterwards !! ltm ltm tlm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sprint has exclusive to Palm, HP is honoring that. I think Hp will also release it on AT&T for the GSM but for CDMA it will be Sprint. Since Palm has deep roots with Sprint and Sprint helped out Palm when they had financial problems, HP is respecting this and will gowith Sprint but will have a bigger push then Palm did with the original. Any day HP and Sprint will make this announcement.
    I hope this is true
    its true
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Sprint has exclusive to Palm, HP is honoring that. I think Hp will also release it on AT&T for the GSM but for CDMA it will be Sprint. Since Palm has deep roots with Sprint and Sprint helped out Palm when they had financial problems, HP is respecting this and will gowith Sprint but will have a bigger push then Palm did with the original. Any day HP and Sprint will make this announcement.
    March 14?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    umm no sketchy !! you already have 4.6.0 remember ! you dont get 2.0.1 or a new phone !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    Today when I went to go get my first replacement Pre from Sprint he asked me if I wanted to upgrade to an Evo or an Epic. I quickly said no because I am awaiting a Pre 3. He then said, "Oh yea, I saw that in our system yesterday. It looked pretty cool." I asked him if it had a release date and he said no it was just a spec sheet with info for the store. I was really happy when he said this (he was the manager) but because I already knew to take it with a grain of salt I left it as is.

Just thought I'd share that. Here's hoping!
    Ask him to take a picture for proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by sj4231 View Post
    I thought that was coming to Verizon...in the coming months.
    Really??? You saw that the Pre 3 was coming to Verizon? What was your source?
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Ask him to take a picture for proof.
    Next time when (if) I go again I'll be sure to ask!
    i'm buyin 3 when it comes out, sprint or big red, but would be cheaper on sprint where i'm already at ;P
    ill be first in line in my area, like i was for my original pre
    Sometimes I feel like the only one in my area..
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast