Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wonder if the Pre 3 will have the same "modification capabilities" as the Pre
    I want this on Sprint too. I had the original Pre and then switched to the EVO but I miss the WebOs and the multitasking ( true multitasking guys) that the pre offers. I also miss the camera so much. Now that the Pre3 has the front facing vga camera and the 5mp auto focus on the back with a 1.4ghz of pure love im in love once again lol. Also the beta of the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is a selling point for me! I think the most important thing would be the battery performance for me. the battery on the EVO sucks worse than the one I had in my original Pre.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    A Sprint rep just to me that they are skipping the Pre 3 and getting the Pre 5 this summer. Just kidding.
    I get 23% of my $69 monthly bill with Sprint. There's been no better option out there for me. I know this post is about a rep saying that the Pre3 is coming to Sprint, and I say forget you heard that! haha. The posters are correct, reps don't know about the devices their employer will carry until like 3 days to 24hrs before launch.

Sprint is great for those who need to save money and have everything unlimited. That said, my contract is over this Aug (first 2 yrs) and I have considered buying an Android (Evo or something) full price so that my contract will still expire this Aug. Here's to hoping I'm making the best decision for myself!
    And here's an email I got from Sprint. It's so full of fail, it's just sad. I SPECIFICALLY asked about the "just announced today" Pre 3. Here's what they wrote:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand that you are interested in
    the new Palm Pre2 phone and webOS devices.

Currently, we are not providing Palm Pre2 phone and webOS devices but we
    time to time keeps on launching new phones as per the feedback of our
    customers. If Sprint offers it in the future, you will find product and
    pricing details on Sprint.com and in promotional information at our
    retail stores. We encourage you to watch news reports or monitor our web
    site to see if a change in availability occurs."
    Russ McGuire, VP of Strategy for Sprint gives a non-comment comment on his blog:

As I’ve said here many times, any Sprint employee sharing information on unreleased devices is subject to termination, and I enjoy working at Sprint, so even if I knew details of Sprint’s plans for upcoming devices, I wouldn’t share those plans.
    The whole post is here: McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » HP Unveils new WebOS Devices
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I pay 80/mo for my ATT share plan with one Smartphone. Im happy
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Russ McGuire, VP of Strategy for Sprint gives a non-comment comment on his blog:

The whole post is here: McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » HP Unveils new WebOS Devices

However, in the last paragraph of his blog he does state that he "..expects to see the new WiFi-Enabled WebOS devices from HP on our network..." . So that tells me that the Pre3 and Touchpad (both Wi-Fi-Enabled) are at least being considered by Sprint. I think there is a GOOD chance that the PRE 3 will show up on Sprint. I guess my glass is "half full"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The only phone we know will not be on sprint is the veer as it is gsm only
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by exieramos View Post
    However, in the last paragraph of his blog he does state that he "..expects to see the new WiFi-Enabled WebOS devices from HP on our network..." . So that tells me that the Pre3 and Touchpad (both Wi-Fi-Enabled) are at least being considered by Sprint. I think there is a GOOD chance that the PRE 3 will show up on Sprint. I guess my glass is "half full"
    what? He is saying webOS wi-fi devices (read touchpad) paired with sprint's existing mifi or hotspot devices (read non-Palm phones)
    What changes April 1?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    what? He is saying webOS wi-fi devices (read touchpad) paired with sprint's existing mifi or hotspot devices (read non-Palm phones)
    Ok, maybe he was referring only to the touchpad but why only get the touchpad? The Pre3 and touchpad apparently have a sort of connectivity between them (answer phone calls on the touchpad/copy website data from touchpad to Pre3). It just doesn't seem logical that Sprint would deny those capabilities to their subscribers by not offering both HP devices on their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    We get news faster than the reps, they dont get news till 24 hours before the words do to leaks. So they have no idea what they are saying and if they did know they wont say cause it might lead to there termination from the job. This is turning out to be a disaster for Sprint. This will make them loose more customers, people want newest toys, and since Sprint raised the rates and put new packages with gold BS this will only make people jump the Sprint ship, which right now looks like it might be getting some leaks and sinking. I would like to know who is picking up HP cause I am ready to jump ship if need it be.
    Dude, Sprint just posted their best quarterly gain in like, 5 years or something. Think Palm devices had much to do with that?

Yeah, me neither.
    They got lot of them thanks to Pre and the HTC EVO, I hope they dont fall a sleep and pass on Pre 3, new phones bring new customers.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    The only phone we know will not be on sprint is the veer as it is gsm only
    Sprint isn't GSM... ?

The quote "..expects to see the new WiFi-Enabled WebOS devices from HP on our network..." uses the word deviceS. That would mean more than just the pad.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I want this on Sprint too. I had the original Pre and then switched to the EVO but I miss the WebOs and the multitasking ( true multitasking guys) that the pre offers. I also miss the camera so much. Now that the Pre3 has the front facing vga camera and the 5mp auto focus on the back with a 1.4ghz of pure love im in love once again lol. Also the beta of the Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is a selling point for me! I think the most important thing would be the battery performance for me. the battery on the EVO sucks worse than the one I had in my original Pre.
    Have you rooted and loaded a custom ROM on the Evo? I use EViO and I get much better battery life than the stock ROM. The Evo is not the greatest in battery life, but at least I can go through most of the day rather than half a day with the Pre. The 65nm Snapdragon is not good on battery life, but the Snapdragons in the Veer and Pre 3 better be amazing along with new webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    Have you rooted and loaded a custom ROM on the Evo? I use EViO and I get much better battery life than the stock ROM. The Evo is not the greatest in battery life, but at least I can go through most of the day rather than half a day with the Pre. The 65nm Snapdragon is not good on battery life, but the Snapdragons in the Veer and Pre 3 better be amazing along with new webOS.
    My battery life is super awesome... im running cm 6.1.2 with savage v1.6 kernel. Runs like a dream. Just occasional reboots like once a day, but i already got use to that. Thanks to my pre i had last year.

Sent From My CM 6.1.2 Monster Evo.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    my commitment to Sprint was purely due to the costs. They have had the best pricing for the packages I've compared since I started with a smartphone (Treo 600). Now that they are raising rates, the one thing that has kept me isn't enough to overcome the deadzones that I hit when I am more than 20 minutes off an interstate here. For $70+/mo, I expect my phone to work, unless I am so far out I can't see a city. But 20 minutes off a freeway in the burbs of a major metropolitan area? I'd rather pay more and actually have service.

Or, as I'm seriously contemplating, cutting back and going with an entry smartphone & package. I'm hoping the Veer will be in this price range to entice people to webOS, but it remains to be seen if it will be on a carrier with decent Houston coverage. I'd be happy with it, if the price is right.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Happy View Post
    My experience with Sprint has been similar. Though they've never called out of the blue and offered me a phone just because, they have been very good over the years with replacements and what not.

The pricing is way better for data services. Free calls to any mobile, blah, blah, blah.

I like them too.

My question is about the future WiMaxx vs LTE.

LTE seems to be leading in popularity and I'm assuming it will mean data roaming agreements are possible between carriers.

If LTE becomes the world standard it will mean WiMaxx would have to perform MUCH better in order to be competitive, no?

Now that the new cell tower technology is getting smaller and cheaper perhaps it won't matter.
    My Sprint bill is one of the few monthly expenses where I feel like I got every dollar's worth and pay with a smile.
    Sprint SERO:
    With your existing smartphone (that you had on the plan before 10/2010)
    500 voice min, $30 $50 buys around 1000 min
    Unlimited data: FREE
    Unlimited txt: FREE
    top up minutes - if you believe you're about to go over, call *before* end of billing cycle and it's $5/100 min
    nights/weekends starting at 7pm - $5. Five dollars and most personal calls (outside office hours) are unlimited and paid for.

OK, I had to manually tap phone/options/<some roaming item> then change roaming from "nope, just play dead" to "roam when needed" to deal with a few dead spots. Now it roams on VZ should there be no Sprint tower in range. Yes it will try to hang onto a weak Sprint signal before roaming, but even that can be fixed with a 3 taps, all in the UI no hacks no secret codes. Yes Sprint does sometimes compress voice enough to produce wretched sound quality, but it's only at peak load times, and that may be fixed when the (finally) use their Nextel bandwidth. Customer service has always been friendly and tried to fix whatever the issue was, with the exception of the deductible for TEP.

Sprint has my 100% loyalty as long as they have SERO. Even if I had another phone I'd keep my SERO plan.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast