View Poll Results: Is the Pre3 better off without 4G?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 30.67%
  • No

113 69.33%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Without Wimax and sprint they won't get me. Period. I'm playing with a touchpad, but my EVO 3d gets 10mbps downlink in atlanta. After that, waiting for **** to download is painful. Won't look back.
    I get '4G' service in my area from everyone, Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, except Sprint. So regardless, this doesn't effect my opinion about Sprint. If it comes out for Sprint. As much as i respect Sprints true unlimited plans, i'm not sure if i can stick with them. I mean, the download speed are TERRIBLE compared to 4G. In the right location '4G' on AT&T and T-Mobile are exceptionable and even comparable to the average WiFi. Verizon blows them both out of the water. I've tested it, it's amazing. BUT, with the additional fees, i can't afford it. So Bottom line, i'm going with AT&T. And i'm completely fine with that. Sprint is awesome though. Thanks for the good service for the past 6 years. But no WiMax in my area so later.
    Remember all 4G networks are not created equal. AT&T has 4G(LTE) and FauxG(hspa+).

For VZW and Sprint customers the Pre3 needs to be LTE capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    Without Wimax and sprint they won't get me. Period. I'm playing with a touchpad, but my EVO 3d gets 10mbps downlink in atlanta. After that, waiting for **** to download is painful. Won't look back.
    does wimax really matter anymore? sprint already announced they are making the switch to lte so all the 4g wimax devices will be rendered useless as far as 4g is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    does wimax really matter anymore? sprint already announced they are making the switch to lte so all the 4g wimax devices will be rendered useless as far as 4g is concerned.
    Who said anything about shutting down existing towers?

Sent from my HTC Evo.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Who said anything about shutting down existing towers?

Sent from my HTC Evo.
    Since most people don't live in the initial LTE or WiMax areas, any technology that will be limited to current areas will see new devices going LTE and skipping WiMax for what they support. So, expect very very few devices to support WiMax to come out, and in another year, the number of NEW devices that support WiMax will probably drop to zero. How many people look to replace their devices every year or every two years?

So, WiMax may not be shut down, but within four years, no one will be using WiMax. Those who bought a WiMax enabled phone with Android will be looking to upgrade it as soon as their contract allows, and if LTE provides the same speeds with a new faster device, EVERYONE with WiMax will be switching to a LTE enabled device.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678