1.    #1  
    So, most of you may remember this article: Rumors: Pixi 2 launching on SFR next month; HP / Palm to step up device releases in 2011 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Where in HP VP Todd Bradley said "HP will ship a new smartphone every two months".

Tongue in cheek, sarcasm alert: Perhaps he meant to say "HP will sell a smartphone every two months".
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    That plan will also be unveiled "in the coming months."
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    actually, if the pre3 is out by June, that would be 3 new phones in 6 months...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    actually, if the pre3 is out by June, that would be 3 new phones in 6 months...
    How do you figure?

Pre2 launched in October, 2010

Even if the Veer launches in the "coming months" this sprint and the Pre3 lauches in June that would still only be 3 phones in 8 months.
    The "coming months" has me thinking way back the original Pre launch that I was an adopter for. June 6th sounds about right for a release again. Until further notice I will be assuming its then. And hopefully they announce some different models between now and then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    How do you figure?

Pre2 launched in October, 2010

Even if the Veer launches in the "coming months" this sprint and the Pre3 lauches in June that would still only be 3 phones in 8 months.
    Pre2 CDMA is technically a "new smartphone launch." And that's happening tomorrow.

Pre2 CDMA = February

HP Veer = April

HP Pre3 = June

Toss in a CDMA Veer variant in August, a T-Mobile Pre2 in October, and delay the CDMA Pre3 till November, and there's your HP 2011.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    No, They Are.A Pre2 This Month (march kindof) A Tablet in April, A Tinee weenee Crap thing in may or june, then a pre3 thing in august
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Pre2 CDMA is technically a "new smartphone launch." And that's happening tomorrow.
    You must be a saleman, huh?

Using your logic we can say that Apple released a iPhone within a year of releasing the previous phone.
    ^ It's all in the presentation.

Yeah, I'm just pointing out how they could justify such an announcement if they really had nothing else for 2011 besides today's announcements. Which, I think, is a very real possibility.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I think he's an HP shill the way he's defending them in every thread.