Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Will the new Pre3 be 4G or will it still be stuck in the 3G? If it's not 4G then it's just a waste and not worth buying with all the 4G phone currently out and i'm sure more will come out by the summer.
    3G which equals FAIL.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    as of right now, the only thing they said coming 4G would be the tablet and that's after the wi-fi version.
    How exactly is 3G a failing point? No major carrier (despite what the commercials will tell you) has a consistent and substantial 4G footprint, yet. And let's not even start in how 4G isn't even 4G...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    So if Sprint picks it up with 3G only won't we still have to pay the extra $10 fee?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sprint has added the $10 fee to all data plans as of January 31. I just got my step daughter in under the wire. So 4G or 3G it will cost you $10 more for data on Sprint. However that's still a bargain compared to some carriers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommieCOZY View Post
    How exactly is 3G a failing point? No major carrier (despite what the commercials will tell you) has a consistent and substantial 4G footprint, yet. And let's not even start in how 4G isn't even 4G...
    I agree with your last point, however when you buy a tech product you're not buying it for today's environment, but for today and tomorrow. I know a new phone won't last 2 years spec wise anymore, but I think you'll see a big 4G footprint before this phone is even a year old.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    So if Sprint picks it up with 3G only won't we still have to pay the extra $10 fee?
    Yes. That's why the next phone I buy, it will at least have the option.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Yes. That's why the next phone I buy, it will at least have the option.
    Agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't video chat only be used over 4G or WiFi only? Or will 3G work?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong but can't video chat only be used over 4G or WiFi only? Or will 3G work?
    I was curious about that as well. I was wondering if/how the iPhone 4 on verizion was handling facetime. I would assume it would have to be on wi-fi only.
    I live in an awesome 4G area. I have full 4G (Sprint WiMAX) signal on my back porch and in most of the places I regularly travel to.

And I also almost never use it. Because it's a battery hog, it's still inconsistent in its connection reliability, and it works for ***** indoors. Oh, and because, for 90% of what I'm using my smartphone for, 3G is fast enough. And I'm a huge power user.

If this was February 2012, I'd agree with you. But right now, lack of 4G on the new HP devices is in no way a "fail."
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    The specs indicate it supports HSPA+. Isn't that considered 4G by ATT?
    Alone not having 4g isn't a issue but it will most likely keep it off Sprint since that is their rave now.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Video chat over 3G = fail.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well the front facing camera certainly hints at 4G, since as you pointed out video chat on 3G = fail. And didn't they say HSPA+? According to T-Mo and ATT thats the same as 4G (lol). No mention of Wimax or LTE though.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I live in an awesome 4G area. I have full 4G (Sprint WiMAX) signal on my back porch and in most of the places I regularly travel to.

And I also almost never use it. Because it's a battery hog, it's still inconsistent in its connection reliability, and it works for ***** indoors. Oh, and because, for 90% of what I'm using my smartphone for, 3G is fast enough. And I'm a huge power user.

If this was February 2012, I'd agree with you. But right now, lack of 4G on the new HP devices is in no way a "fail."
    In theory, this device might only be 5 months old by February 2012.
    Nope regardless of having the 4g title you will have to pay the extra $10 a month as it is a charge for "premium data". So since it's a smart phone it will fall under this new category and you will have to pay the $10 charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    In theory, this device might only be 5 months old by February 2012.
    LoL. Point taken.

Still, I hate that the buzzword bullsnot that is "4G" has already begun to corrupt the populace.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbufe View Post
    The specs indicate it supports HSPA+. Isn't that considered 4G by ATT?
    And T-mobile...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CommieCOZY View Post
    I want my next phone to have LTE/WiMAX because I'm going to have it for two years. Verizon has LTE and Sprint has WiMAX at my school (Rutgers) and in NYC.

The Pre 3 is supposed to be HP's high-end phone, and it has to go up against the 4G phones coming out this summer. So I'll wait for a 4G webOS phone (unless my Pre Plus breaks, in which case I'll regrettably switch).
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast