View Poll Results: Which for factor do you prefer: HP Pre 3 or HP 4" webOS slab form factor

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Pre 3 Vertical slider

199 62.19%
  • HP 4" thin slab form factor

121 37.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    What form factor would you rather have: The current Palm Pre 3 or a 4" slim slate.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Very disappointed on the announcement today. I was expecting something more revolutionary than just another Pre. Something like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it's sturdy and ease to manipulate, I like the form factor of the slider better. We'll see if the hardware delivers. Remember, most of these things only need to last 2 years anyway.
    Definitely a slider. People are behaving as if a physical keyboard precludes using the touch screen alone. We now have a Pre that permits you to have an "iPhone" like experience - 3.6" capacitive touchscreen with the option of a slide out keyboard.

I really don't understand...it seems that if HP did on the phone side what they did on the tablet side (release a product fundamentally the same as Apple only with webOS) people would be happy. "Wow, 3.6" touchscreen slab like the iPhone! Finally!"

But slap on a sliding keyboard to that very same design and jeers rain down from the rafters...
    I would want a keyboard less slab
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I prefer physical keyboards, so the slider works for me. However, I wish HP/Palm would offer both to please everyone.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I prefer the Pre 3, not a fan of landscape sliders, though in that render of the Superior HD, I love the card metaphor with widgets. That would be bada$$
  8. Evansgw
    I'd like either by March... Not in the vague 'Summer Time'.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I would want a keyboard less slab
    So just don't slide open the pre3
    I prefer the slider but at this point just give me something!
    I want it on sprint and i want it now!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So what happens if you're on Sprint and like sliders, but Sprint only wants to carry a Wimax slab and refuses the slider with only 3G? Leave Sprint or chose a form factor you don't really like? Ug!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I think that the biggest complaint is that there isn't the option to have a choice of one or the other. They could have brought out the exact same phone without a slider and much of the criticism would be going by the wayside. But all they have to offer is the same form factor as a few years ago.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Gami View Post
    Definitely a slider. People are behaving as if a physical keyboard precludes using the touch screen alone. We now have a Pre that permits you to have an "iPhone" like experience - 3.6" capacitive touchscreen with the option of a slide out keyboard.

I really don't understand...it seems that if HP did on the phone side what they did on the tablet side (release a product fundamentally the same as Apple only with webOS) people would be happy. "Wow, 3.6" touchscreen slab like the iPhone! Finally!"

But slap on a sliding keyboard to that very same design and jeers rain down from the rafters...
    XD so true. From the pictures I've seen it looks like a virtual keyboard would work quite fine in landscape mode. You could ignore the slider entirely if you so chose.
    can you redo this poll with an option for something like the Dell Venu Pro, 4"+ sliding keyboard? That would be perfect
    I used the EVO and it is great screen size is very nice and easy to type. To me it does not matter, I just wanted to see something different, would like to see webOS on 4" screen. But I dont think HP will ever change or bring another phone to the market they are going with Apple way, improve on phone that they have.
    I own and mostly like the Evo, but all this adoration for 4"+ slab phones is disgusting. I hate slabs. They're boring, they're uncomfortable to talk on, they're huge in a pocket, and they're everywhere. I realize that's re-stating the "boring" bit, but ... come on. Dullsville.

I much prefer the comparatively-rare vertical slider design.

That said, I think it would be smart for HP to release both, just to appease the brick-loving masses.
    I would DEFINITELY rather have a 4" slab, but I don't think it should have to be a choice! HP/Palm just needs to add a third phone to its line up, and have it be the 4" slab.
    But it would look awesome running webOS
    Is it too much to ask from HP to give us the choice of both?

That's what I was expecting anyway today.

But more than anything I would have loved it t be sold soon, instead of 'summer time'!!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Yep perfect creen size imo, I have a feeling I'm going to love the pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast