View Poll Results: Which for factor do you prefer: HP Pre 3 or HP 4" webOS slab form factor

Voters
320. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Pre 3 Vertical slider

199 62.19%
  • HP 4" thin slab form factor

121 37.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes I was hoping for the same, 1 phone like pre 3 and another phone with slab, that be be nice, to much to ask from HP multi million dollar company, just to much to ask.
    I have 2 phones- pre+ and evo. All calendars, memos, memory stuff are on pre. Internet, movies are on evo

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    not knocking the pre3 it is a vast improvement over the pre and pre2. But where's my 4" high end slab damn it. I don't wanna go to android but dual core samsung galaxy 2 sounds infinity better than this to me.
    Common guys I have pre2 and just using the gesture area I get virtual keyboard. and we have full grown homebew community so why just for having few, may be 50gms more and few mm more on your phone?
    Slab's are dominating the market for a reason.
    People want them.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post
    I'd like either by March... Not in the vague 'Summer Time'.
    My thoughts exactly. What happened to HP "releasing products within weeks after announcement?"
    I like the physical keyboard but would like the option of onscreen keyboard too.

You know more option add more flavour
    I too think the screen size and the format is fine and look at the bright side, now you won't have to worry about someone thinking your Pre 3 is a iphone, lol.
    I'm fine with this form factor. A slab device as well? Maybe later... ?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    People want them.
    This times 100. I'm almost they Palm thinks they are sly by doing exactly the opposite of the market. It's almost like they think "Hey, every other cell phone manufacturer must be wrong. They are all selling this large screen slap phones by the millions! I bet we could sell even more by doing the opposite of the market trend!"
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Yep perfect creen size imo, I have a feeling I'm going to love the pre3

I'm with you on this one...3.6" sounds great and a half inch wider keyboard running @ 1.4 mHz and now just get me the d*** phone, Sprint!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Slabs are not dominating the same way people seem to think they are in here. Sliders have been every bit as dominating. There are some people that absolutely demand a slab, and for them, get yourself and iPhone or an outdated EVO or whatever if it's so important.

Would I rather have a slab phone than the Pre 3? No. The Pre 3 is everything I wanted. I was totally assuming anything from HP with a 3.5"+ screen would be a slab or a horizontal slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Slabs are not dominating the same way people seem to think they are in here. Sliders have been every bit as dominating. There are some people that absolutely demand a slab, and for them, get yourself and iPhone or an outdated EVO or whatever if it's so important.

Would I rather have a slab phone than the Pre 3? No. The Pre 3 is everything I wanted. I was totally assuming anything from HP with a 3.5"+ screen would be a slab or a horizontal slider.
    Right there with you. The Pre3 isn't going to be a door-busting sales phenomenon, but it's exactly what I wanted and what I was expecting. I don't think we're alone. Disappointed people are generally more vocal.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post

Landscape sliders have sold well.
    NOT portrait sliders.

The Pre 1 failed.
    The Pre 2...hah

Repeating failures isn't going to fix WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    People want them.
    most relevant post...hp failed to deliver to the masses
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    most relevant post...hp failed to deliver to the masses
    So glad you're here to pass out awards.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    The phone market is a very hostile place. HP needs to be aggressive if they want market share. Their phones need to be flagship devices among carries and Pre 3 will never be one.

Just look at the flagship devices among carries right now:
    iPhone 4, Galaxy S, Atrix 4G, Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt,Evo 4G.
    They all have some things in common: They are over powered, jumbo screened slabs. They constantly improve on their screen rez slimness and battery life. The Pre 3 does not have the WOW factor that those phones have. Pre 3 does not have a vivid AMOLED screen, it does not have Retina display or QHD resolution, it does not have a slim 9 mm profile, it does not have a 1900 mAp battery. Those are the wow factors that conquer peoples minds and make these phones sell like hot cakes.

The vertical qwerty slider is not a winning formula in the customer mind. Just look at the Venue Pro and BB Bold. They aren't exactly runaway successes. Hp needs a slim 4" slab superphone to regain that wow factor that they already have in the software. WebOS is a beautiful OS (on my opinion the best) but the hardware does not match up. Hell even A downsized Touchbook would do. If they do not come up with such hardware in the near future (march event) they will too far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Gami View Post
    Definitely a slider. People are behaving as if a physical keyboard precludes using the touch screen alone. We now have a Pre that permits you to have an "iPhone" like experience - 3.6" capacitive touchscreen with the option of a slide out keyboard.

I really don't understand...it seems that if HP did on the phone side what they did on the tablet side (release a product fundamentally the same as Apple only with webOS) people would be happy. "Wow, 3.6" touchscreen slab like the iPhone! Finally!"

But slap on a sliding keyboard to that very same design and jeers rain down from the rafters...
    I enjoy the slider form factor as well. However, if in March they announce a slab with dual processors (like the 1.2 Snapdragon in the TouchPad) I would be torn. Especially if it has 4G. Should I get the ultra cool looking keyboard slider Pre 3 or should I get the no keyboard slab phone? I would be so torn!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermir4444 View Post
    Just look at the flagship devices among carries right now:
    iPhone 4, Galaxy S, Atrix 4G, Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt,Evo 4G.
    They all have some things in common: They are over powered, jumbo screened slabs. They constantly improve on their screen rez slimness and battery life..
    I'm not going to argue about the other phones, but the iPhone is NOT a jumbo-screened phone. The screen is the same size as the upcoming Pre3.

Additionally, in terms of power, the Pre3 will be better or comparable to every phone you mentioned.

Just because you don't like it, that doesn't mean it's bad.

i hate landscape sliders, and would go for a 4 inch portrait slider.

the pic in the op was my fave of that contest. that phone would be ideal to me, followed by 4 inch vertical slider.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast