Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how would one change from the front-facing camera to the back one on the pre3, for example, in the camera app?
    Paul was trying to figure that out in the Engadget hands-on video but there was no on-screen option. Either it's something invisible (like a gesture-tap), or it's not built in to webOS 2.2 yet.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Paul was trying to figure that out in the Engadget hands-on video but there was no on-screen option. Either it's something invisible (like a gesture-tap), or it's not built in to webOS 2.2 yet.
    ehh I don't blame h/palm. rim tried the same thing with the playbook. they put a halfbaked qnxOS out there and tried to pass it off as finished. webOS is excellent, but a few things are bugging me still:

1. gesture BUTTON on the touchpad? really?! regression.
    2. front facing camera button unknown.
    3. video chat app unknown.
    4. when will the new OS arrive : /
    Maybe its strictly for video calls. Why else would you need it and why would you need to switch between cameras?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Maybe its strictly for video calls. Why else would you need it and why would you need to switch between cameras?
    every phone with dual cameras have the option to switch between cameras whilst taking a picture. it's just...a given.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    If your a famous quarterback you need to be able to switch back and forth!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Maybe it's an option in the phone app itself..?
    Well seeing as no webOS device with dual-cameras is coming out in the next couple of weeks, there's no reason to think the functionality *must* be finished right now.

The tech-blogging community fell all over itself when Motorola unveiled the Xoom...but it was running videos(!) in place of actual finished functionality.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that from a specs angle, the Xoom is the standard bearer for tablets. But it seems a bit unfair to dogpile on HP for not having a feature on a non-shipping device...especially since you don't even know for certain that the functionality is missing.
    Self-portrait shots.

But then again, the front cam is only VGA, so maybe they'll never enable it for snapshots due to the crappy rez.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Self-portrait shots.

But then again, the front cam is only VGA, so maybe they'll never enable it for snapshots due to the crappy rez.
    tell that to the evo 4g, epic 4g, mytouch 4g, iphone 4, and the list goes on...
    Why limit the capability to?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    how would one change from the front-facing camera to the back one on the pre3, for example, in the camera app?
    I keep reading and reading on this forum but no straight answers to this, I don't have any 'photo me' app in the catalogue and I'm starting to think that little spot on the top right is a bloody sensor....
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I'm starting to think that little spot on the top right is a bloody sensor....
    Skype video call.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Skype video call.
    I tried, doesn't work
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I tried, doesn't work
    Works perfectly fine here (except weak internet connection issues sometimes) - maybe your carrier doesn't allow it?
    I tried videocalling myself (on a different Skype account of course) on my PC, and a friend on his HTC, it didn't happen. I'll call Vodafone to see if they allow it or not (can't see why they wouldn't).
    It's not Vodafone. i'm with Vodafone ( Italy ) and when I tested videocalling on skype, it worked.

A small note, the client version used by the person receiving the call matters, I think (if it's version 3, I suspect it'll not work since I tried testing it with a spare account I have, but never got the option to turn on the video... all my computers here still use version 3, I like it more compared to the most recent releases. Tried it with a friend, and it worked immediately)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    It's not Vodafone. i'm with Vodafone ( Italy ) and when I tested videocalling on skype, it worked.
    That's a relief.

A small note, the client version used by the person receiving the call matters, I think (if it's version 3, I suspect it'll not work since I tried testing it with a spare account I have, but never got the option to turn on the video... all my computers here still use version 3, I like it more compared to the most recent releases. Tried it with a friend, and it worked immediately)
    I don't get this, my PC says Skype installed is 5.8.0.158 (meaning version 5?).
    I don't know why things are ever so complicated with this phone..
    Yep, that's version 5 indeed. You have the webcam plugged in the pc, I suppose...
    Did you try starting the call from both ends ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Yep, that's version 5 indeed. You have the webcam plugged in the pc, I suppose...
    Did you try starting the call from both ends ?
    Of course the webcam is plugged in, and it works, the Pre3 is still useless though..

No, I only tried starting the call from the PC as I can't start call from the Pre3, it only leads me to the dial pad with a "ttt" on top, don't ask me why cos I'll just reply it's a crappy phone.. I'm still sceptical about the existence of the darn front camera

Btw, I tried with TeleTu as well, larger broadband, same result.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast