1.    #1  
    How often do hardware vendors announce new phones and say nothing about carriers?

Were carriers afraid to commit to the Pre3 and Veer? Were commitments just not made in time to be announced?
    Perhaps carriers were waiting for the event to judge the anticipation behind these devices? In that case, the generally negative comments surrounding the devices could be detrimental to getting them on carriers.
    This came to me also after the event. It is kida weird but nun the less we know that it they will be launching on Verizon, T-Mobile, and 95% sure Sprint.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    How often do hardware vendors announce new phones and say nothing about carriers?

Were carriers afraid to commit to the Pre3 and Veer? Were commitments just not made in time to be announced?
    Just another example of HP not having it's stuff together:
    • No parade of developers launching apps not previously on the Pre
    • No definite order or release dates
    • No 4G after CES had a bevy of 4G phones (think I know why they passed on CES)
    • No carrier support
    • No pricing
    • Nothing not leaked (which is good or the hype would have been worse)

Luckily HP has enough money to drain on this mess for a couple more years before they start using Android and jettison webOS to someone else. How many times has this company changed hands?
    Of the 40+ phones announced at CES, I can't think one that did not have a carrier as a partner.

Is there an advantage in not having carrier partners? Release dates? 4G support? Pricing?

Do we know if these are GSM or CDMA products?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Just another example of HP not having it's stuff together:
    • No parade of developers launching apps not previously on the Pre
    • No definite order or release dates
    • No 4G after CES had a bevy of 4G phones (think I know why they passed on CES)
    • No carrier support
    • No pricing
    • Nothing not leaked (which is good or the hype would have been worse)

Luckily HP has enough money to drain on this mess for a couple more years before they start using Android and jettison webOS to someone else. How many times has this company changed hands?
    I'm guessing they'll go with windows after they fail with webOS. By that time, MS might have something designed for tablets.
    I would like to know who chooses does HP choose the carrier or does the carrier choose HP, so far i only saw Verizon and AT&T getting HP products. Very strange that HP didn't mention any carriers, maybe it is being discussed. Would like to know who be getting this, cause I will be getting the phone with pad regardless of the carrier. Got wife already looking forward to getting the pad, just need conformation on the carrier. I am with Sprint and by looks of it I will be jumping and I am sure there will be more people who agree with me. NO HP PRODUCTS FOR SPRINT = R.I.P ( SPRINT ) Good luck with that dual screen crap.