Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andidendel View Post
    Same commented-out section on the TouchPad page as well.
    That could lend credence to the theory that it's just generic boiler-plate code. (I hope)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Veer looks to be GSM only...
    Unfortunate, since my wife wants one (sprint). I wouldn't mind moving to T-mobile, since that's what we have at work and I could ditch my personal phone, but it seems HP is unwilling to throw them any love either.

Ugh. Guess I'll be relegated to EDGE on T-mobile.
    So much for the "vast resources" at HP if they cant even make it to Sprint....not looking good for early adopters at Sprint sh!t i had the feeling now its coming true. As excited as i was this has truly took the fun out of it.
    Last edited by darkzone; 02/09/2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    That could lend credence to the theory that it's just generic boiler-plate code. (I hope)
    It is indeed quite similar to code on the Pre+ page, but not exactly re-used.
  5.    #25  
    That code isn't in the Veer's page though...

Anyway, I hope it's wrong too. I just felt the need to share my findings with you guys. Lol

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I have to say that I'm happy (I'm on VZW), though I do feel sorry for you Sprint guys.

They just really want you on Android, it seems.
    Sprint users, Assemble!!!!
    CHARGGGGE! We will cut them with our razor sharp slide out keyboards.
    OMG, this has to be the worst news ever.

WM7 needs too step it up, that is my only other option on sprint (hate android).
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Omg Sprint.... How can sprint just sit and watch whats happening... theyre gonna lose alot of costumers if they act persistent with android. Yes android is ok but webOS oh man.. i get goosebumps yo =D....
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    So much for the "vast resources" at HP if they cant even make it to Sprint....not looking good for early adopters at Sprint sh!t i had the feeling now its coming true. As excited as i was this has truly took the fun out of it.
    If they're not releasing on sprint, its because they don't WANT to. Has nothing to do with Sprint.
    Well crap. My first concern a little bit ago was if this was 4g or not. Now it's not even going to be on Sprint where I bought the first version?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No not at all, a lot of coders reuse old code and just comment out irrelevant ****.
    They don't take into account smartass Garretts who dig into the code.
    I would expect the same code to show up in in the Veer's source too. It doesn't. That's why it seems odd..

I really hope that this info is false though. Sprint users have been waiting so very long!
    A co-worker of mine just saw this too. I felt my stomach drop. I need this on Sprint, or I will go nuts!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Sprint is focused on that crappy Kyocera phone.
    Guys it will be released on Sprint first you will see, that is old xml file and generic. Give it few days, wait for the official word from HP, if I am wrong then I am out from Sprint, I dont care what it will cost but I will be moving on to AT&T or Verizon. If Sprint doesnt get it then they deserve to loose customers and close there doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Guys it will be released on Sprint first you will see, that is old xml file and generic. Give it few days, wait for the official word from HP, if I am wrong then I am out from Sprint, I dont care what it will cost but I will be moving on to AT&T or Verizon. If Sprint doesnt get it then they deserve to loose customers and close there doors.
    +1
    From the source code of Palm's Pre3 page:

[see PIC above]

No mention of Sprint or T-Mobile...
    Also, I actually went to the particular links to see if maybe they just left out the sprint logo image in the code. No go. Verizon logo appears, AT&T logo appears, no Sprint logo in that directory.
    If the lack of the Pre2 on Sprint is any indication, we Sprint Pre-/Pixi- users are headed for greener pastures. I'll keep using my Pre- until the Pre3 comes out.
    Sprint may have chosen to pass on this given how they were burned with the first Pre/Pixi. Truthfully, I don't blame them, at least right now. Wait and see how things play out and then bring it onboard.

The amount of current Palm owners on Sprint is probably insignificant compared to Evo/Epic and other devices on their network. Wouldn't be much of an impact to lose them if they decided to deflect.
    Veer looks to be GSM only...
    VEER has HSPA+ only so no cDMA carrier will have it. PRe3 seems like a world phone (since it has both). I will get it if sprint gets it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast