Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I, like many others, have been waiting to hear this announcement. I also am on a Sprint Premier plan that will be demoted to Silver on April 1st. That means one thing:

If I don't buy a new phone by April 1, I'm stuck with my current phone until February 2012, outside of full retail upgrades. If I want a new subsidized phone, I have to buy whatever is available by the end of March.

That will likely be for me, and many others, the highest-spec Android device currently available. HP has shot themselves in the foot on this launch. Sprint customers will upgrade before premier changes, and Verizon will wait for the new iPhone in the summer or whatever dual core Android flavor is launching.

Lose, lose.
    ...... never mind.... gonk rules.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/09/2011 at 03:08 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    ...... never mind.... gonk rules.
    An available upgrade must be used by March 31st or it gets pushed back to your 22 month date.

Effective 4/1/11:

* Sprint Premier Gold accounts will continue to receive the annual upgrade benefit based on maintaining a 3-month average of $89.99* for individual plans or $169.99 for shared plans, or for 10+ years service. Gold accounts will receive one annual upgrade per qualifying plan.
    * Sprint Premier Silver accounts:
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 22 months from the last upgrade, there is no impact. The line would continue to be eligible for an upgrade under Sprint's New For You upgrade program, which allows eligible customers to upgrade every 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is 12-21 months from the last upgrade, the upgrade must be used by March, 31, 2011. Otherwise, effective April 1, 2011, the upgrade eligibility on that line will be changed to 22 months.
    o If the line qualifying for an annual upgrade is less than 12 months from the last upgrade, their upgrade eligibility will be changed to 22 months.
    o To check your upgrade eligibility go to Sprint - Upgrades.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/09/2011 at 03:09 PM.
    See, that's why I asked. lol.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

And you are assuming that these phones will even be carried by Sprint...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    hopefully an HTC android phone that has better specs than the evo gets announced before people get screwed.

in studying of history, the Pre 3 will not be out before June.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    And you are assuming that these phones will even be carried by Sprint...
    and that's another point. Is it even going to be carried by Sprint, and if so, I still ask why I would get it. It's not a 4G phone, yet I'm going to have to pay for the "enhanced" or whatever they are calling that $10 4G service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    I, like many others, have been waiting to hear this announcement. I also am on a Sprint Premier plan that will be demoted to Silver on April 1st. That means one thing:

If I don't buy a new phone by April 1, I'm stuck with my current phone until February 2012, outside of full retail upgrades. If I want a new subsidized phone, I have to buy whatever is available by the end of March.

That will likely be for me, and many others, the highest-spec Android device currently available. HP has shot themselves in the foot on this launch. Sprint customers will upgrade before premier changes, and Verizon will wait for the new iPhone in the summer or whatever dual core Android flavor is launching.

Lose, lose.
    You bought a phone with the understanding you would be eligible to upgrade in a year as a Premier member. Just threaten to leave.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You bought a phone with the understanding you would be eligible to upgrade in a year as a Premier member. Just threaten to leave.
    That's highly dependent on whether Sprint is contractually obligated to the Premier program or if it is considered a revokable limited offer. I'd have to read the terms.
    UGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    As the Pre3 is to be released in EVDO A version, it's reasonable to assume that version is going to Sprint. I am in exactly the same situation, except my 22 months is up sooner than you, in August. I had hoped to upgrade before the loss of the Premier plan as well...but at least my Pre is working fine, so I imagine I will wait it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    And go where? Verizon? HA!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    I can upgrade NOW!!!!

HP and Sprint just kicked me in the nuts
    anybody else wanna kick me while I'm down
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    I can upgrade NOW!!!!

HP and Sprint just kicked me in the nuts
    anybody else wanna kick me while I'm down
    *laces his boots*
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I hope they come to sprint in the coming months

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    I feel like I got kicked in the nuts while being fed a chocolate lava cake with ice cream...
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Assuming it comes to Sprint, my 22 months should be April 5th since I got a launch day Pre. So I think I'm ok. Just pleeeeeease come to Sprint!
    my 22 month with my Pre will be the beginning of June, so i should be good to go assuming we still get it. Never used my 1-year upgrade.
    I now will likely buy the iPad and keep my Pre (minus) until iPhone 5 lets me know whether they'll have a 4G version. Sprint is gone in my book and frankly the service in my area wasn't that great, but the price was.
    wth? So whats the point of the silver plan then?
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast