Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    wth? So whats the point of the silver plan then?
    I think you can still get the accessories discount
    I'll have ten years in June 8, and my 2yr contract is up June 19. I'd be eligible for the 22 months in a couple of months so by the time I can get a new phone, I probably wont be impacted, but this sucks. If you are already eligible for an upgrade, I think they should let you keep it.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    My 22 month is on May 15 so that will work out nicely to buy two Pre 3 phones as long as Sprint carries the Pre 3.
    Is it possible to upgrade a phone then return it within 30 days and keep doing that until summer or will Sprint terminate the upgrade in the middle of a 30 day trial?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade a phone then return it within 30 days and keep doing that until summer or will Sprint terminate the upgrade in the middle of a 30 day trial?
    No, you get one 30 day trial.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, you get one 30 day trial.

Sent from my eVo
    Boo. It was the perfect plan.
    Well now that its official no webOS2.0 pre legacy, I'm definitely going to cash in that 30 day trial.

"Gosh man, i hate having a phone that everybody else has Grrrrr"
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    "Gosh man, i hate having a phone that everybody else has Grrrrr"
    That should never be a concern. Just use the phone that suits you best...

No point in sacrificing functionality for individuality.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Where is that verizon store at ??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sorry, I like exclusivity. Probably one of the biggest selling points of the launch iphone, "look i have this and you don't." It launches the iphony smug generation, but i cant blame um. They are proly ****ed that everybody and their grandma has a iphone now. Sheesh my gf's entire family just got one for ONE app. ADT home security....anyway

With a sprint pre2/3 w/ webOS2.x, i felt i could have had BOTH functionality and individuality.

sadly this will never happen, not at least for 2011. The biggest thing I've needed on the Pre (other than mainstream apps to services i use often, like a FUNCTIONING Yelp, a good Google Maps, or Chase Banking) is voice activated dialing.

felt i was on the cusp.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    My 22 months isn't until January 2012.

Maybe we'll be able to preorder the Pre 3 from somewhere? Would that count to snag the upgrade in time?
    Last edited by detection; 02/15/2011 at 10:07 PM.

sadly this will never happen, not at least for 2011. The biggest thing I've needed on the Pre (other than mainstream apps to services i use often, like a FUNCTIONING Yelp, a good Google Maps, or Chase Banking) is voice activated dialing.

felt i was on the cusp.
    I am pretty sure that is a feature on webOS 2.2...

Is it okay to post a precentral link? http://www.precentral.net/webos-2-1-...on-and-hp-logo

Here is the voice dialing article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    Lose, lose.
    Yes. Epic Fail.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'll have ten years in June 8, and my 2yr contract is up June 19. I'd be eligible for the 22 months in a couple of months so by the time I can get a new phone, I probably wont be impacted, but this sucks. If you are already eligible for an upgrade, I think they should let you keep it.
    If I read it right i am in the same boat. I bought my Pre on 6/11/09, from what I can tell. So my 22 months would be April 11. That would give me 11 days where I couldn't upgrade if I go silver in April 1.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    The Premier plan is an "benefit" and not a contractual obligation on the part of Sprint. They can do what they want with it.

Sprint is still having financial trouble and I am concerned about future data cost increases.

In regards to the $10 4G premium. It no longer matters, all "smart phones" on Sprint will pay a $10 data premium (3G or 4G), oh, and they decide which phones are "smart"
    Dan
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    My 2 years is up in June and at that time I will hit my 10 years...so I should have no problems...
    Silver still gets the 22 month upgrade. All the legal-eze speak in Sprint's upgrade path is a little hard to read at this point. Seems like even the Gold members 12 mo upgrade is dropped to $75
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Remember that little note at the bottom of the webOS 2.0 reply that says they are working on alternative plans with the carriers?

Could it be possible that the proposal would be HP eating an ETF for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    That's highly dependent on whether Sprint is contractually obligated to the Premier program or if it is considered a revokable limited offer. I'd have to read the terms.
    Doesn't matter. If you pay your ETF and leave they lose revenue regardless of if they are obligated to the Premier plan or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kuffcakes View Post
    I don't know how Sprint's device insurance works but if you purchase your device from Best Buy with insurance most stores will let you exchange it later for a device of equal or lesser full retail value. If you end up at a store that won't, you just smash the phone out in the parking lot and then they have to exchange it because their insurance has full accidental coverage with no deductible. Plus the program requires in-store exchange as long as they have that carrier's devices for sale in that store, so no waiting on a refurb to be sent out.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Remember that little note at the bottom of the webOS 2.0 reply that says they are working on alternative plans with the carriers?

Could it be possible that the proposal would be HP eating an ETF for you?
    Anythings possible. Though if they were going to do something like that I think it'd be more likely they'd instead give 2-year contract pricing on a new device for exchanging your old device still on contract. That would probably be less costly to them than having to manage overhead of payout for ETFs.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast