1.    #1  
    I think they missed a lot of questions that should've been answered during the event.

• Introduction Price
    • Batter lifetime
    • No word about carriers? really unlocked?
    • new resolution, what happens with current apps?

Has anyone got some answers to this?
    Maybe the last point can be discussed at the developer meetup this evening, but the other 2 are essential!
    Exactly the same questions here, rretsiem
    Please keep us posted as soon as someone has answers to those.
    Thx, tklr.
    1. Will the browser reflow text properly?
    One main reason I sold the Pre was that when pinching in on brower, the text flows off the side of the screen, and you have to pan back and forth for every line you read. Absolutely inefficient.

2. Battery life. (if this is another charge 2x or 3x per day phone, then no way Jose.)

3. Better slider plz.

Other than the above issues, I pretty much liked the Pre, but sold it long ago, and I have not looked back. (Had the Hero, and now have the Evo - an excellent phone, btw.)

So, if it looks like these issues are addresses in the 3, I will probably give it a spin. ;-)
    I guess they still feel that it is clever to come out with an announcement that begs more questions than it has answers. And the launch is 6 months off.
    (questions such as carriers, prices, etc.)
    I wish them luck competing with Android and iOS with these vague announcements and far-off launch dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    [*]Battery lifetime
    It has a VERY SLIGHTLY bigger battery.

An overclocked processor that, admittedly, is more efficient than the older ones.

And a bigger screen.

My guess is the Pre 2 will have better battery life.
  6.    #6  
    We have a 1230mAh battery.
    That sounds not much, especially with the larger screen and the 1.4GHz CPU.
    But I still think the battery life is a lot better than the original Pre had.

If the information HP provided is right, than all the scrolling, animations and so on are hardware accelerated and a lot faster. So the CPU should suck less much energy than a 600MHz PrePlus that has to handle all the animation and scrolling in lists and so on.
    But still no official word about battery lifetime.
    Will I get an update that fixes this crappy alarm bug, non-loading webpage bug, bug, bug, bug, etc.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Will I get an update that fixes this crappy alarm bug, non-loading webpage bug, bug, bug, bug, etc.
    Those are WebOS issues and nothing to do with the phone.

ET
    Maybe Apple should start giving classes on how to do Events. HP started off well throwing around the numbers but then Ruby got on stage and it tanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Those are WebOS issues and nothing to do with the phone.

ET
    But they are questions I want answered.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!