Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    If im not mistaken, i thought that hp was going to release the hardware (pre3, veer and touchpad) on a much sooner time frame....than the summer. Its just frustrating.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Baaaaaaaah!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Veer is supposedly spring
    (this applies to their other devices, too)

HP is pulling the same mistake that Palm did in 2009. They have some pretty great hardware right now. 1.4 GHz processor just shoved the DROID 2 global out of the top spot in terms of processor speed. Their resolution is good, and is definitely on par with every other Android device out there. It isn't quite up to the iPhone 4, but hey: that's OK. The RAM is good, and so is the screen size.

But, they are waiting too long. The iPhone 5 will come along in early June, and basically own the smartphone market for a month or so. If they launch after the iPhone 5 is launched, they screwed up. If they launch, say, a month before the iPhone 5, they screwed up: people will wait and see what Apple has, which (as always) will be made out to seem amazing. They need to get this out soon, and by soon, I mean March. But they aren't: instead, we get "summer."

A similar situation can be set up with the TouchPad and the iPad 2, as well as the other Android 3.0 tablets that will be released soon.

So, I'm thrilled for Palm and everything that was announced. However, I do wonder if they are making the same mistake twice.

Thoughts? Am I over-thinking it? Or am I missing something?
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Seriously? We waited 2 years for THIS?

What happened to all the form factors? All they are babbling on about is a stupid tablet. I want a damn phone that will require no tablet. And I wanted more form factors than a smaller pre. And to wait for Summer for this?

Give me a break. HPalm, why bother. Just hand your company over to Apple and Google bec you're done.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    HP: Soon - as in you can pick up your not so new Pre 2 now. Get it? Yea, yea, that's what we meant. I knew I was supposed to move on and I'm glad I did. However, the tablet - now that is still interesting...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    the tablet will not be interesting in 5 months.
    Well, yeah - screw that too lol.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    the tablet will not be interesting in 5 months.
    Isn't even interesting now.
    At this point isn't spring in the next few weeks?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Everything but the part where they said webOS is coming to PCs suck ed ba lls because they said "okay guys, just wait some more"
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    You pinned the tail on the donkey sir. I lost all enthusiasm.
    Yep, history repeating itself.

Sigh.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    thats the article i read. this is total bs. I mean the pre3 is sweet but not sweet enough to wait for the summer, much less have it for 2 years as ill have to renew my contract.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Should be released in April at the latest. They really botched the release dates, if they were going to release in Summer, they should have just waited till then to present. By then, they might have had the Skype thing done (instead of 'working with' Skype), might have had Netflix onboard, etc.

Great hardware, great software, TOTALLY botched release schedule.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    If I could pre-order an unlocked Pre3 right now, I would.

Who knows what will happen when June/July/August roll around.

Major, major screwup on HP's part.
    soo much hate... why...
    Oh well, what are we gonna do? I can't understand why it takes that long. This is riculous.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    soo much hate... why...
    Because we faithful have waited through all the crappy hardware, with little revision, for 18 months and we are sick of waiting. Pre3 today with 1 or 1.2 Ghz and I would want it. Dont care what it has in 5 months. Android has had 480x800 lcd for over a year already. Boring.
    Wait what happened to HP's word.....
    these products will be released in weeks not months!!!!!
    On the short end again!
    Ridiculous. The story of HP and Palm will be told as a case study of failure in MBA programs nationwide in years to come. Didn't these fools learn anything from the original Pre launch??! Wow.