Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Why didn't they just say Apotheker and Ruby went camping, got lost, and eaten by bears.
    Then 5 months from now they could have magically reentered the scene, and do a really spectacular announcement.
    !

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    So you think that HP is going to get in the habit of announcing new hardware right as their current hardware ships? Will they announce the Pre 4 just as the Pre 3 hits the shelves? That would be ridiculous.
    I think there are people who still believe the "HP will release a new phone every 2 months" thing...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I think there are people who still believe the "HP will release a new phone every 2 months" thing...
    They aren't even able to release A phone...
    Some of the hardware is coming in Spring.... aka not far away
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by smartvoyager View Post
    They did not announce the new OS version for the Pre or the Pre Plus models. Thye are release specs that are current in Feb, 2011 not July 2011. It will compete with the:

iPad 2
    Iphone 5 (or whatever it will be called)
    Various 2.3 and 2.4 android devices on all carriers.
    More Honeycomb Tablets

This announcement is an Epic Faill on their part. They are not going with the market on phone form factor. They already have a different form factor in the Pre 2. If they want to get ahead, they need to release a keyboardless phone with a ~4.0 inch screen. That is what people want in mass, not a smaller Pre 2. The pre form factor is not popular no matter how much we like it. A smaller version is just nuts.
    I agree 100%
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    unless of course he is talking about southern hemisphere's summer (which is now)... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Some of the hardware is coming in Spring.... aka not far away
    By some you mean the Veer? :P
    Cause thats all you get... that and pre2 tomorrow.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    He is currently on his company tour going around to all of the major HP areas and setting them up and talking to them. If it means a better organized company I am A-OK with him not being there (plus he wasn't apart of WebOS..yet).
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i dont get it when apple come out with the iphone 3g it was not different it was the same (plus some features) then came 3gs, then they changed it on Iphone4...soo what is different from HP to Apple...because it was an Iphone?..i will be waiting for the Pre3 to be available..
    Oh well. Back to waiting for the C40, I guess.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    with reality.

"We (HP) are no longer going to announce new products if they are not ready to be shipped soon"..

WHAT A JOKE!

Care to explain that LEO?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Touchpad concept and I will still probably get a Pre3, but C'mon!! SUMMER??? It is FEB!!!! Hope he gets criticized everywhere for the stupid comments....
    Summer is June so 12 weeks is not such a bad thing. But I do have a feeling that next month we will know everything
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    If they manage a early June launch they may be able to salvage it...if its not till august or so, there's going to be problems.
    Nope, by June, same as in years past, everyone will just wait to see what Apple has up their sleeve for the new iPhone model launch. That will take all the wind out of the sails(and sales) for HP. Plus this year it's a combined iPhone launch on Verizon as well as AT&T. Launching a month before or after Apple is a recipe for disaster.
    I think what is actually happening is they ARE holding to Leo's statement. The Veer will be released in the next few weeks and the Pre3, a few weeks after that. Right?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    it is stil a lie....spin it any way you want to.
    Is there any chance this thing becomes available sooner?
    If it is within a month of an iPhone event and launch in either direction, then HP really messed it up. Let Motorola/HTC rival Apple with a spec war right after the iPhone; let them tear each other apart.

Seriously, if this is out when I'm due for an upgrade I will get it. If it isn't, then, well, I won't be waiting. And, from the generally tone of the posts today, nobody will.
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Hewlett-Packard has been around for a long time (without a phone)
    and will remain here with or without a smartphone
    HP was the first IT company to top $100 billion in revenue -- in 2010 it reported $120 billion
    they can make you wait 6-7 months for a phone they are not losing money by
    doing it

HP won't ride on the success or failure of the smartphone/tablet announced today

We all just have to face the truth...Palm is gone
    HP has control and smartphones are in the back burner behind their PC's and now tablets
    Everything you say is true, but you gotta ask yourself, why would they invest so heavily (monetarily, time, reputation) in something only to engage in it halfheartedly?

Imagine a speeding train. It's already going pretty fast and accelerating rapidly. Let's call it the smartphone/tablet express. Now imagine (a former company known as) Palm. They hopped on the train when it was slower, drove it for a while, started losing their grip, and finally fell off the train in a nearly unnoticed cloud of dust about 9 months ago.

Today, after almost 8 months with the (former) Palm products all shiny and new, HP steps up to the edge of the track, puts up a bunch of big banners, adds loudspeakers, and proclaims to a large crowd, "We're going to take over the whole railroad ..."

...as the train goes roaring by...

...and HP just stands there and watches it ...

"...errm after we get started sometime later this summer."

Discouraging.
    Hope those employees didn't throw away their iphones and ipads yesterday like leo suggested....
    Lmao wow i feel stupid i must say. I've had so much faith in palm and now HP. I've had an upgrade for at least a year and a half. I decided to wait knowing that HP would set the tech world on fire. Now the Pre 3 is all they have after all this time? If it was coming by say april then i would be stoked. But summer? Are you serious? Who the hell decided to release a smaller pre when the first one didn't sell? Who the hell is designing these things? All they keep releasing is different sizes of the pre. On top of that they didn't even speak about legacy webos devices and 2.0. I'm hoping it's released tomorrow to go along with the release of the pre 2 on a US carrier. If not then I will have to say my goodbye's and catch back up with you guys in the summer. I love sprint therefore i wont leave them but now i gotta deal with $h!!ty android. I mean i have to use this upgrade before sprint changes there policies. I'm sorry i just cant wait that long when all i have is a poorly designed,cheap, low budget pre. Of course i will get flamed but if anyone tries to argue that waiting another 6 months for something we've been waiting two years for then they're definitely blinded. We no longer can tell all the other ******* to wait until feb 9th, that HP will blow everyone away. Instead they made all of us including themselves look like fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by hesosmoove View Post
    Lmao wow i feel stupid i must say. I've had so much faith in palm and now HP. I've had an upgrade for at least a year and a half. I decided to wait knowing that HP would set the tech world on fire. Now the Pre 3 is all they have after all this time? If it was coming by say april then i would be stoked. But summer? Are you serious? Who the hell decided to release a smaller pre when the first one didn't sell? Who the hell is designing these things? All they keep releasing is different sizes of the pre. On top of that they didn't even speak about legacy webos devices and 2.0. I'm hoping it's released tomorrow to go along with the release of the pre 2 on a US carrier. If not then I will have to say my goodbye's and catch back up with you guys in the summer. I love sprint therefore i wont leave them but now i gotta deal with $h!!ty android. I mean i have to use this upgrade before sprint changes there policies. I'm sorry i just cant wait that long when all i have is a poorly designed,cheap, low budget pre. Of course i will get flamed but if anyone tries to argue that waiting another 6 months for something we've been waiting two years for then they're definitely blinded. We no longer can tell all the other ******* to wait until feb 9th, that HP will blow everyone away. Instead they made all of us including themselves look like fools.
    I'm going to use my Sprint upgrade too, however, I'm going to keep and still use my Pre- and simply sell the upgrade on ebay and wait for the Pre3.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast