Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I just replied in the Pre3?Impressed? thread on this same topic. Although the specs on the devices are generally impressive, the timeline is not. This summer? Is that end of May or early September. Or will it even be 2011? I'm still waiting for Flash and WebOS 2.x. What will the competition have available by the time the new WebOs devices are released? My guess, like history has shown, that WebOS will be a year or 2 behind the competition.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    They have new hardware tomorrow, the Pre 2.

Oh wait. Ooops.
    This is the kind of nonsense I would have expected if they were presenting this during CES... but to hold this giant event just to say 'wait some more' is ludicrous. When is WebOS 2.1 coming to the original Pre? Could they at least announce that?

It just pains me to have to leave....
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    soo much hate... why...
    webOS users are more than patient, finally February 9th comes and we're told to wait 5 more months.

It's a slap in the face, it's pretty ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Definitely sums it up. Still amazed that they are doing the same thing as they did two years ago and expecting different results. The tablet alone will not get them there.

Maybe they can get the same creepy lady to do their ads because that went over so well the first time. Probably a juggler and some tibetan monks available as well.

News Flash: HP stock will be going down "in the coming months"
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jocjo View Post
    This is the kind of nonsense I would have expected if they were presenting this during CES... but to hold this giant event just to say 'wait some more' is ludicrous. When is WebOS 2.1 coming to the original Pre? Could they at least announce that?

no kidding, i want an update for my pre-
    Yep, htc and Samsung will be showing there new Android and possibly Wp7 devices in a few days
    maybe they're saying that... but will pull an early release surprise on us sometime soon? just being hopeful LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jocjo View Post

same...
    Sheer arrogance to assume the public will wait.

Two weeks after the Veer's release, a bottle of scotch will be worth more.
    “HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn’t have. When HP makes announcements, it will be getting ready to ship.”

Count me as one of the sheep fooled by this snakeoil salesman and hoping we'd have a new webOS phone by March as he literally promised. I'm keeping my Touchstones in case the Pre3 actually sees the showroom floor by 2011, but it's time to get a smartphone that can actually load its mail and Google Maps (hello, Evo Shift).

I'd have waited til April, maybe. But "this summer" isn't even close.
    think of it as 20 weeks away...may make you feel better
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ive got my fingers crossed hoping that they will release 2.xx for the original pre sometime soon, more realistically in the coming months to just tide us over until the pre3 is released...
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    Ridiculous. The story of HP and Palm will be told as a case study of failure in MBA programs nationwide in years to come. Didn't these fools learn anything from the original Pre launch??! Wow.
    No they did not learn anything, same people at the helm and same jacked up philosophy that if you build it, they will buy it "in the coming months."

Wish HPalm the best but this is going to be the biggest flop since New Coke.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    If they manage a early June launch they may be able to salvage it...if its not till august or so, there's going to be problems.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    he probably meant the pre2 to verizon, which is totally misleading.

...how many weeks away is spring? lol
    Man, the more I read here, the more I am very unhappy with this. What happened to us? We have grown so dependent on this dag gone Pre and have had such let downs. The Pre 3 isn't even anything that great. It's the same thing as the original Pre! 8 or 16 GB storage, thats already out. 5 mp camera, already on Pre 2. 1.4 GHz processor, well I have 1 GHz on my original Pre overclocked! So what am I even looking forward to?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    At this point isn't spring in the next few weeks?
    Spring is the release date for the HP Veer. CDMA people will have to wait for the PRe3's release since the Veer is GSM-only.
    Yeah, this was definitely disappointing to hear. CEO blew smoke a few weeks back saying hardware releases would be weeks away. Waiting 4-6 months is insane.

I love my Pre, same one since original Sprint launch day. However, it just started having the power button issue and as much as I'd love a Pre 3, waiting until June/July... It's gonna be a stretch.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I already left. Bought an Evo a few weeks ago, but have been holding on to the rebate form, waiting for today's announcement. Looks like the rebate form will be heading to Sprint tomorrow.

Give me a break HPalm. piddly phone upgrade. Catching up to everybody else from maybe a year ago...actually missing out on that as well in several aspects.

WebOS is great...no doubts, but good new innovative phone hardware is needed to go with it...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast